more coilovers

Hi all I've been looking through all the posts about different coilovers and there are a few more common than others like ap and weitec

However I've been looking at all makes

I want to lower the car but not loads just sensible lows and I want to maintain some comfort as it's a daily driver and there may well be 1 or 2 track days per year involved so nothing major that makes me want to spend 1000 quid or more on kw or the likes

More so for spirited driving

The few which stand out are:

JOM'S:

Cheap and cheerful and reviews say a little hard and bouncy but people say they can't fault them

AP:

Early models good (With helper spring) harder than standard not too much bounce good sturdy hold round corners

New models not so good loads of noise below 40mph and they fall out of there seats and allow debris into topmounts

Weitec:

Good unit better than ap some have issues with noises most don't but now these are around £700 mark little too pricey

Any one have any views on bilstien b14 as I've seen those brand new for 700 as stated little pricey but may stretch

I have also seen St coilovers around £550 mark but can't find much about them on the mk1 vrs

Does anyone rate them

Budget realistically is £400 ish but will go either way

I know there are many threads about coilovers but all the ones I've found are between 2009 and 2013

Have ap reintroduced the helper spring a few seen to have increased prices quite a lot

Thanks sam

Doesn't have to be but I like the adustabilitiy I have thought about shocks and springs as I will keep more comfort

As for the fk street and JOM'S I would get them but I think I would have to get some better ones at a later date would rather a single outlay rather than two

Harry did you buy the aps brand new recently

And did they have helper springs included in the kit

Do the ap come with helpers as the old kit used to before all the clunking problems or do they still provide a rubber hose

Do you have the St coilovers Damien ?

I had Weitecs (now branded ST) coils on my old Polo 9N3 (same chassis as Fabia) and they were an excellent compromise of ride and handling, and the build quality was excellent. I opted for H&R TwinTube ones for my VRS at £590 - the ride is firmer on these but the handling seems better as a consequence; even with the extra weight of the pd lump up front as opposed to the Polo I had. But the ride is not too firm for me doing 25k per year..............hope this helps a little. For the £400 budget I would probably follow trend and go with the AP's, there is a reason why so many have them...........

I don't mind spending the little extra will just save for another few weeks

What made you decide on the h&r twin tubes I did have a look at those

Fancied trying something different, and they came down in price to the £590 so thought they were decent value for a renowned brand.

How do you feel they perform is there much bouncing and are they hard

I wouldn't say they are bouncy, i do 300-400 miles a week, the ride is just a tiny bit more stiff then it was when i had the AP 25MM shocks and springs on

Damien the h&r twin tubes that your selling for £600 I know it says they are triple coated zinc can't remember exact wording are these stainless steel although it wouldn't make sense to be coated in zinc

I've seen a set of h&r twin tubes version 1 in stainless for £505 delivered