A few key questions- replacements and using it to set things

Got a new VRS (which I posted a photo of in the register) and need a spare key for it. Has anyone got any good sources for doing this? Online is easier with where we live but bricks and mortar shops will do too.

Also the unlock button will only unlock the drivers door with one press- this doesn't happen on my Monte Carlo. What do I need to do to set it up so it unlocks all the doors with one click? You can do this using a combination of button pressing can't you? And are there any other useful things you can do like this?

Thanks.

Somebody will need to plug the car in to special software and programme the key from how i understand.. Its not as easy as ordering a key online, otherwise Id just order one for the brand new Bentley i saw today haha.

A dealer will do it for you but it wont be cheap im afraid.

The one click unlock is a simple change made via VCDS, a dealer or somebody local to you with the software will be able to do that for you, amongst other changes.. Do a search n see if you want anything else doing whilst you're there would be my advice (:

There should be a black tag with a code, which is usually attached to your secondary key.

It will look like this (bottom one in the picture):

key_tags.jpg

With this you can code a new key.

If this is lost, then dealer will sort it out (with a large bill :))

Got a new VRS (which I posted a photo of in the register) and need a spare key for it. Has anyone got any good sources for doing this? Online is easier with where we live but bricks and mortar shops will do too.

Also the unlock button will only unlock the drivers door with one press- this doesn't happen on my Monte Carlo. What do I need to do to set it up so it unlocks all the doors with one click? You can do this using a combination of button pressing can't you? And are there any other useful things you can do like this?

Thanks.

Cant help with the spare key but if it makes you feel better my monte does that with just the drivers door unlocking unless i do a double click on the key in the manual it says about holding one of the buttons down for 2s and it sets it to on or off havent tried it yet tho

thought it was standard one click drivers 2 clicks anything else ,is on my 07 roomster and my misus's black edition new one also

Mine came as standard like that, but it annoyed me.

So i had someone with VCDS change it to one click unlock, and lock automatically when you hit about 10mph (anti hijack).

Doesnt take long, and somebody off the forum will usually do it for a few beer tokens

the hijack thing works on mine , even when not moving lol as i found out  one very cold evening scraped it off closed door to keep heat in went to get in it had locked me out lol, good job misus had only gone 2 streets up to her mums so i walked up got her keys to get my spare key out the house then drve up and onto work lol

to be honest i don't find it a nuisance as such

Unlock behaviour can be changed by using the Carista App with a BT (Android) or WiFi (iOS) OBDII reader. App is fairly pricey at £15 but works really well. Can change a few things on it.

I'll try the app first for the unlock code, if not Andymod is fairly close so I'll be in touch.

Actionman39- I'm in Holmfirth most weekends so will send you a message about the keys.