200bhp + goal

Right guys I've decided I don't want to sell my SE so my plan is to reach 200 bhp or above my budget is 1000 pounds maybe a few more hundred I don't want to spend it all if I can help it But I'm just after any parts that are a must to reach this sort of power ?? In assuming the standard turbo isn't up to the job ? So far all I've got is a home made turbo back exhaust

Any feedback or info from people running 200 + would be appreciated :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A simple hybrid and a remap is all you need, get the turbo from xman and the remap from Faboka and you're good to go with plenty of change from £1000 in case your clutch gives up the ghost.

Edit: Just ask Faboka which turbo he recommends and all will be well.

Edited by sepulchrave
  • Like 1

Gtb1756vk. Will need the downpipe modding with a new flang.

Or

Good old fashion hybrid based on a gt1749vb from a pd150 using a 52 compressor wheel. Not to be confused with VC hybrids. Turbo dynamics version performs well.

FMIC

Depending on your clutch, a new uprated clutch.

• Like 2

Shall look him up first thing :-) and you're the guy for maps ?? Where abouts are you located cos in quite far down in Devon :-(

Edited by jukie88

Cheapest get an old hybrid, get power to come in later so doesn't slip but the stock smic just about copes with a standard turbo and remap for one run through the gears nevermind a hybrid power!

For me gtb1756 and fmic with modded downpipe and nice clutch friendly progressive map you'll probably have a little change from 1k.

Would a standard clutch handle that power ?

my car was running 225bhp for nearly 2 yrs with no problems only changed to a helix when gtb was fitted and the was still plenty of life in it

• Like 1

Guest BigJase88

All depends on how you drive

Personally i like to drive my cars how they were intended

I blew a stock clutch up at remapped power at 33k miles. In my mind the powerband is there to be used.

Your clutch may survive... It may not.

The low down grunt is the best feeling on a diesel. Nothing better than flooring it in 6th gear from 1500rpm with a bigger turbo and feeling the torque (with uprated clutch and fly)

Not need pd150 head bolt?

I didn't have any problems at 225bhp tbh though i'd fit them just to be safe for the price of them incase as headgasket is going to be a lot more

All depends on how you drive

Personally i like to drive my cars how they were intended

I blew a stock clutch up at remapped power at 33k miles. In my mind the powerband is there to be used.

Your clutch may survive... It may not.

The low down grunt is the best feeling on a diesel. Nothing better than flooring it in 6th gear from 1500rpm with a bigger turbo and feeling the torque (with uprated clutch and fly)

floor mine at 1500rpm and u'll be waiting a while for something to happen