Ordering & Test Drives

Contacted Škoda UK via Twiter asking when will the new beast be in UK showrooms and available for test drives. Reply... "We don't have a date yet for when they'll hit retailers but it will probably be August."

Supposedly available to order now... according to various UK car mags.

My predicament.. to order or not to order, prior to test driving one (sounds mad as I type it!)

post-129556-0-33913600-1433271029_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I saw your tweet, cos I had asked skoda to confirm if ordering is open but no reply as yet. I have a MK2 ordered and due for delivery end of July so hoping to swap over existing order for a MK3 and wait the extra few weeks until September

• Like 1

I was at my dealer earlier today for a service on the O3 and asked exactly the same question! Reply I got was no official word but they expect a UK launch date in September with first deliveries of launch date ordered cars around Christmas. I guess if you take a punt and order before launch date, assuming they allow this, you would take delivery around the same time as they hit showrooms for launch in Sept. Not sure where Auto Express get their info but a few weeks ago they said the estate would not be on sale until next summer, but now they are saying on sale along side hatch, mid June with first deliveries in Sept! I guess, we'll just have to wait until SUK pull their finger out and give us the facts!

• Like 1

The U.K. has already taken down the configurator for the Mk2 Superb so hopefully the British configurator will be up soon (I realise the German one is already up for the hatchback but not the estate yet). 

I just got a reply back from Skoda and they said 'Hey Andy. Orders are open now and the Superb configurator should be up very soon. We don't have have a date yet but we'll check.'

Good news :-)

Where's the Like button on here!?

I just got a reply back from Skoda and they said 'Hey Andy. Orders are open now and the Superb configurator should be up very soon. We don't have have a date yet but we'll check.'

Good news :-)

Sounds promising I have no end of skoda dealer stuff ant to me this week, multiple mail shots, text messages, emails to my work and also personal addresses all about a skoda special event this weekend but with no mention whatsoever of a new superb....very strange

My car is a lease via work and due for renewal. We deal with leasedrive and everything bar fabias has been missing on their site for over a month now. Usually it can take up to 6 weeks for them to catch up on the new specs and prices.

Do the dealers know when they will actually get the car in a showroom for people to look at?

See very first post - Škoda UK via Twitter: "We don't have a date yet for when they'll hit retailers but it will probably be August."

My dealer is expecting cars to be available for "use" together with the launch in September. That came from someone who went to the launch in Vienna.

Edited by Danny 57

My dealer is expecting cars to be available for "use" together with the launch in September. That came from someone who went to the launch in Vienna.

The guy that sent me the Tweet was born in Vienna...

Edited by Didorx

The guy that sent me the Tweet was born in Vienna...

My garage (UK) expects to have in August for test drive. I've ordered already but will go along and try it out when it comes in

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

My garage (UK) expects to have in August for test drive. I've ordered already but will go along and try it out when it comes in

Are they adding your options afterwards? I can't find the option pricing anywhere!

Are they adding your options afterwards? I can't find the option pricing anywhere!

Me neither,unfortunately as mine is a company car we can't add extras, not without paying ourselves, and since I'll never own it then I'm not adding extras.

I have picked the SE Business Edition and this time round comes with front and back parking sensors ( instead if just back) and ACC so that's 1k of extras that would have to be added to the equivalent model of the MK2 so I'm happy with that.

Andit comes with Smartlink which on their other models is an option so happy with the base spec.

Edited by kingofscotland
  • Like 1

Just spoken to my local dealer principle and his sales manager and they haven't got the option list and prices as yet.

Are you tempted to order one before launch date again?

I ordered my Superb without even driving one or sitting in one.

Me too, once I switched to Skoda years ago I've always ordered without test driving. A bit of a chance I know, or just confidence in the brand - I think I'll be a bit more careful next time though. It won't be such a straightforward decision next time with the increased prices

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Are you tempted to order one before launch date again?

I don't know Matt.........maybe???? I want a SEL Executive DSG a 220bhp would be nice, but will probably have to settle on a 1.4 150bhp. It'll have an ivory leather interior. I need to know the options and their cost first.

Edited by stokey
  • Like 1

Look you guys Skoda UK Customer Service DONT KNOW what ISOFIX means...I write from recent experience. So whatever they say about the release date you can take with a pinch of s h 1 t.

I don't know Matt.........maybe???? I want a SEL Executive DSG a 220bhp would be nice, but will probably have to settle on a 1.4 150bhp. It'll have an ivory leather interior. I need to know the options and their cost first.

Sounds good....I'm hanging on to the O3 for at least another 12, poss 18 months so will probably be in the market for a nearly new S3 if I stay with the brand as also considering a switch to used Merc or Jag. However, a 220 or 280 TSI DSG with L&K spec, less than 10k on the clock for less than £25k should be feasible and would be a very tempting proposition so hopefully Oliver will keep his ex-demo stocks fully loaded cos we know how he can't resist ticking the option boxes! :rofl:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

My lease company told me I could order new Superb through them... logged on to their website and although most options are there (priced), it's a little messy in places! Example... only two types of alloys to choose from on the SE L Exec:

18" Zenith - which we've known for some time come standard on this trim

18" Luxon - which according to configurator on Skoda Auto website are not an option at all, on any trims! I know my lease company are special... but totally for the wrong reasons, don't think they've been given exclusive alloys by Skoda!

Will have to have a word on Monday... Arghhhhh!

Noticed on Twitter Skoda UK staff seem to be on a Superb training jolly in sunny Sardinia... so this could be in advance of imminent full steam go-live on sales - with option prices and website configurator being finally released to the public.

Fed up of waiting...... Audi A3 saloon starting to look more tempting.