Skoda Octavia Elegance Spec?

Picking up our new Octavia tomorrow. It's a 1.6 TDI DSG Elegance. We added Kessy and park assist as optional extras. Now the brochure at the time said it would have front assist, yet online it shows adaptive cruise control as standard too. Anyone know exactly what it will have?

• Administrators

It largely depends.

When the brochures are printed they can't predict demand so the spec is always shifting. This sometimes works in your favour and others not. Unless otherwise directed, I'd take what you asked for as a fair expectation of what's arriving.

If in doubt call the dealer, they should be able to confirm

Lets say you ordered from the March 2015 Brochure,

Front Assist was standard with Park Assist as an option, £590. If you ordered PA you should get it.

ACC was an option, £465. If ACC is now STD it does depend on the build week and when the change over takes place.

It all becomes a mishmash when you pay for an option and it has been fitted as STD...like I did with TPM, I never did resolve the issue.

Edited by DonjSZ5
  • Like 1

It was ordered mid-March. Obviously it will have Park Assist, as we've paid for it. But ACC was a £400 option at the time, and couldn't justify it. But with the car already having the radar for the front assist, I was wondering if the ACC would be on it. I'll find out at 10:30 tomorrow I guess.

ordered in April,mtge 15 MY elegance was showing as Acc and Park Assist as freebies, on 16MY it seems they are standard

Seriously, Park Assist, free?!

We ordered our elegance on the 23rd march, got park assist and acc free. Arrived 6 days ago!

Really? That's quite annoying as we've paid for Park Assist :(

Which model of Octavia did you get?

Edited by Alan16ac

Should raise it with Skoda UK. If the car was built around the time they started fitting it as standard then you are v likely entitled to a refund for the park assist. SUK would advise the dealer accordingly.

Should raise it with Skoda UK. If the car was built around the time they started fitting it as standard then you are v likely entitled to a refund for the park assist. SUK would advise the dealer accordingly.

Will they be able to inform me if it is now fitted as standard? The online brochure only shows it as standard on the L&K.

Edited by Alan16ac

Park Assist is still a payable option on the SE L. I suspect if it came FREE in an Elegance the car was not built to order...well not yours anyway.

From the Topic Brochure or Configurator error, I think if it's a brochure error then someone ordering an Elegance just may get the PA fitted free.

I have it in my Yeti and never used it seriously in 12 months.

park assist is currently free on the SEL / Elegance Octavia. My dealer described it as being a short term offer that might just become a MY16 thing

When I spoke with SUK recently, they said the SE-L Plus Pack is a combination of ACC and Park Assist (and maybe one other feature?) which are currently being offered for free for a limited time. 

Back in March, Park assist and ACC randomly (i.e. not well communicated within SUK and with the dealers) became a free option. When you placed the order for the dealer, they probably didn't immediately enter it into the final ordering system and may not have known it was a free option and may have charged you for it, then later when they did enter it into the ordering system they might have noticed it's free, gotten a bit confused and left it at that as it's free money for them. I would check with SUK if your car has PA and ACC added for free and demand a refund from the dealer. 

Can someone who has the Elegance help Alan16ac how to quickly determine if the car has ACC (something on the dash, in the infotainment menu). Alan16AC you should probably do this when you go to take delivery and before you sign and make final payment for the car. I suspect if the car has ACC but wasn't explicitly ordered by you, then both ACC and PA were freebies and he should look to get a refund on PA.

• Like 1

I think the problem is that SUK keep wobbling the goal posts, the dealers may or may not get the message.

The customer has no idea - because all they have to go on is the brochure and / or the configurator.

I know for a fact that from today it will be possible to spec (downgrade) the wheel size on a SEL Octavia to 16" FOC, I bet the configurator wont reflect this for some time and the brochure will definitely not be re-printed.

Which model of Octavia did you get?

Yes really. Elegance estate, 150 2.0tdi manual.

I've been scouring the forums since I ordered our car and I saw someone state that a memo was sent to the dealers about the free inclusion of PA & ACC, the gist was only offer refunds if the customer challenged it.

I had agreed to pay £350 for front parking sensors but literally the day after my order this option was removed from the online configurator & park assist was FOC, I contacted the dealer and the £350 was removed without quibble. Apparently our salesman only noticed when making the factory order as he was not able to select front sensors.

PA with all the sensors is very good, although I've no intention of actually using the auto park function.

It sounds like the salesman I dealt with was more honest than most. I was negotiating a price during which he discovered the free PA & ACC offer and we incorporated that into the negotiation.

I ordered 9th June, hoping for a delivery in a couple of weeks. 

Will they be able to inform me if it is now fitted as standard? The online brochure only shows it as standard on the L&K.

You need to look at the online configurator. The PDF brochure usually seems to be wrong or out of date.

It was ordered mid-March. Obviously it will have Park Assist, as we've paid for it. But ACC was a £400 option at the time, and couldn't justify it. But with the car already having the radar for the front assist, I was wondering if the ACC would be on it. I'll find out at 10:30 tomorrow I guess.

Seriously, Park Assist, free?!

Yep, now standard on SE-L

How can we get a definitive list of what is actually the spec of an SEL Octy ordered in June, there must be a number of us who have paid for extras which are now supposedly FOC.

Sunset glass affects me.

Well, here it is...
I can confirm it did come with ACC, and I am so glad it did. As it has DSG, it will come to a complete stop when following the car in front. It really is excellent! And the Park Assist actually works. It's squeezed into some tight spaces today. We went out to experiment lol (sad I know).
Few pics, I actually forgot other than the one when picking up, so the other two are just now, and the car is already a bit dirty...
2B2EB160-6A87-4B46-A5B8-0D747BF265A1_zps
515FC49D-449B-41F5-8A24-A48A26A4F4C2_zps
10EFD211-97A3-4236-97A3-3AF586A166A4_zps

• Like 1