French Trip

Just back from our annual trip to the Course de côte de Saint-Gouëno in France, I covered about 2900km's and the VRS preformed perfectly. I was fully loaded down and had a roof box too; the rails are Lidl's finest and worked as they should.

I used a Garmin SatNav and it never put a foot wrong...the VRS just munched the miles effortlessly on the motorway, the weather wasn't really kind to us, but we are used to rain at home :):rain:

While I was there I stuck in some 98 Ron unleaded to see what difference if any, I didn't really notice anything on a short trip. But I did return a respectable 38mpg overall, not bad considering its a Turbo petrol and the car was well loaded down, Especially on the way back after a trip to Auchan :D

The picture is from the Paddock in Saint-Gouéno and the Radical behind me is one of the Team Ireland cars. (Mods feel free to remove the pic if deemed Inappropriate)

gallery_114562_1591_341542.jpg

We found on our trip to scotland from devon and back, that the vRS felt better fully loaded than without anything in the boot at all. 

• Like 1

We found on our trip to scotland from devon and back, that the vRS felt better fully loaded than without anything in the boot at all. 

Have to agree, I found it the same fully loaded, forget about expensive mods to the suspension, just chuck two bags of cement into the boot and away you go. :D

yep 38 is good for a roof box - i get about 36 with the mtn bikes on the roof of my vrs.

Although over the life of the car (18months or so) the average is 34 - so fairly happy with that - if the fuel tank wasn't so small i probably wouldn't notice but as it just makes 350 miles to a tank i do stop at the good ol' pump quite often...

yep 38 is good for a roof box - i get about 36 with the mtn bikes on the roof of my vrs.

Although over the life of the car (18months or so) the average is 34 - so fairly happy with that - if the fuel tank wasn't so small i probably wouldn't notice but as it just makes 350 miles to a tank i do stop at the good ol' pump quite often...

36 *with* MTBs??? I get around 26mpg with 2 adult MTBs and a kids in the middle, all roof mounted. I get around 36-38 on a long run without any added drag.