What did you do to your bike today?

fabiamk2SE

Got my kit on ready to take the CX500 for a spin only to find the brakes locked on. Currently soaking the caliper bolts in WD40 so I can hopefully remove them for a rebuild without stripping any threads on the old girl. 

• Sad 1

17 hours ago, Prykey said:

Woke the Harley from its slumbers yesterday and made the most of the sunshine.

Took the Triumph out today as the sun had come back again :)

What sunshine? :D  

glad you’re out and about atleast. 

I think ive forgotten how to ride a bike...

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, fabiamk2SE said:

What sunshine? :D  

glad you’re out and about atleast. 

I think ive forgotten how to ride a bike...

It was sunny again today lol

• Sad 1

That's a beautiful part of the world, I like doing the dam's and then taking the mountain road over to Devils Bridge :)

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Prykey said:

That's a beautiful part of the world, I like doing the dam's and then taking the mountain road over to Devils Bridge :)

One place I need to see is devils bridge. Think that will be the next trip ! 

22 hours ago, Prykey said:

Whats the mountain road mate? 

I've been to devils bridge before but not knowing the area i wasnt really sure of which roads in the area to try out. 

Ended up sitting behind an unmarked police car which was clearly waiting for bikes to fly past it. Then on my way back saw a Panigale police bike haha. 

2 hours ago, fabiamk2SE said:

Whats the mountain road mate? 

I've been to devils bridge before but not knowing the area i wasnt really sure of which roads in the area to try out. 

Ended up sitting behind an unmarked police car which was clearly waiting for bikes to fly past it. Then on my way back saw a Panigale police bike haha. 

Basically you head out of Rhayader on the B4518 in the direction of "Elan Village" , just as you leave the village there is a right turn signposted Aberystwyth Mountain Road (Yellow Road on the 1st map below that goes past Glanllyn, if you look on the 2nd map you will also see Glanllyn again on the right of the map so you get an idea of where the 2 roads meet ) stay on this road and you eventually join the B4574 to Devils Bridge.

Alternatively you can stay on the B4518 go past the Visitirs Centre on the left (also worth a visit) carry on past 2 Dams and the road crosses a bridge and comes to a T- Junction . Left joins the "Mountain Road" to Aberystwyth  and Right  joins the "Mountain Road" to Rhayader.

See the 2 images below that might help you understand the directions above and give you the orientation or the "lie of the land" :D

Once you get to Devils Bridge make sure that you check out the old AA Telephone Box, the Devils Bridge itself and the Railway.

I'd then take the A4120 to Aberystywth and prepare to have your breath taken away with the views across the valley on your right hand side, when you enter "Pisgah" look for the old chapel on the right before you get to the Half Way Pub on your left a mate of mine converted the old chapel into his home and lived there for a few years before he moved into Aberystywth, unfortunately he recently passed away :sadsmile:  

He purchased some land behind the chapel to make sure that nothing could ever be built behind him and spoil his view across the valley, the view from the toilet seat across the valley is still one of the best I've ever seen especially when its covered in snow lol!

IMG_0589.JPG

IMG_0590.JPG

Edited by Prykey

4 hours ago, DanGum said:

One place I need to see is devils bridge. Think that will be the next trip ! 

It's quite interesting to actually pay and go around the falls and see the 3 bridges (they are built one on top of another) from below :biggrin:

The is also the narrow gauge train that will take you into Aberystwyth. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Prykey said:

It's quite interesting to actually pay and go around the falls and see the 3 bridges (they are built one on top of another) from below :biggrin:

The is also the narrow gauge train that will take you into Aberystwyth. 

I know the road you mean now! I went past the visitor centre and past the dams but turned right back into Rhayader. I'll go left next time cheers! 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, CWARD said:

Looks nice, although I don’t fancy the 695 steps in biking gear. 

I done it in civvies :D

I suppose that is the joy of having a bike with panniers so you can have a change of clothes and an oxygen bottle for when you reach the top :sweat:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, CWARD said:

Oh dear. They’ve hooked you again.

Had to to look up the SP version and it’s basically yours with all the bells and whistles 

Mines the Tracer. So it is different. Same frame, engine etc. 

Bit of a giggle though. Sorted suspension, quickshifter n feels so small. Just a laugh. 

Think theres one on the way at some point...

Had a nice day out on the Harley yesterday, Lakeside HD for coffee and to meet some mates then a ride to Canvey Island Sea Front to get a late lunch, back to Lakeside for more coffee and then to Chelsea for the Chelsea and Fulham Chapter Club Night :biggrin:

• Like 1

On 06/04/2018 at 09:46, Prykey said:

Had a nice day out on the Harley yesterday, Lakeside HD for coffee and to meet some mates then a ride to Canvey Island Sea Front to get a late lunch, back to Lakeside for more coffee and then to Chelsea for the Chelsea and Fulham Chapter Club Night :biggrin:

Sounds ace! 

You seem to like your club meets and get togethers? 

Used to do a few myself but now i find myself doing 90% of riding on my own tbh

16 minutes ago, fabiamk2SE said:

Sounds ace! 

You seem to like your club meets and get togethers? 

Used to do a few myself but now i find myself doing 90% of riding on my own tbh

I belong to 2 Harley related clubs , 1 Triumph related and 1 that would prefer me to be on the Triumph :cool::D:D. I do most of my riding with the Chelsea and Fulham HOG Chapter as they have a planned and researched calendar of rides from March through to November.

When I ride to the Czech Republic in July I’ll ride on my own there and back and meet up with C&F when I’m there as we’ll have a welcome party, chapter ride out and lunch/dinner. 

The world of Harley-Davidson ownership is very sociable :biggrin: