What did you do to your bike today?

fabiamk2SE

Busy but as always very rewarding Couple of Days working on the Hayabusa,

The Bike is a 2017/3 Years old in June and has been Serviced 3 x Times so bang on for its age, Now on 8700 Miles and done 3000 Miles since its last Service so although not due on Mileage it was 12 Months since the last Oil Change, Decided to go through everything on the Bike as I always do with all my Bikes Maintaining, Inspecting and Cleaning along the Way.

Here is what I have been upto...

Friday...

: Removed the Fairings and Belly Pan.
: Geniune Oil Filter & Genuine Sump Plug Washer
: Putoline Sport 4 10W40 Semi Synthetic
: 4 x New NGK CR9EIA-9 Spark Plugs
: Bike has a DNA Filter fitted and has only done 2000 Miles since that was fitted so that was blown clean with Airline.
: Airbox And Air Intakes all Cleaned.
: Cleaned Rocker Cover area, ACF50 applied.
: Tested Coolant, All OK.

Saturday...

: All Plastics Degreased then Cleaned on Backs.
: Tank and Plastics Hand Polished, Waxed using Collinites then refitted on Bike. Every Fastener cleaned before fitting.
: All Footpegs removed, Degreased, Cleaned then refitted.
: Rearsets Removed, Degreased and refitted.
: Front Sprocket Cover Area all Degreased from Chain Wax, Sidestand Switch Removed and Cleaned.
: All Suspension Linkages & Swingarm Degreased, Cleaned.
: Chainguard removed, Degreased and refitted.
: Chain & Sprockets Degreased, Cleaned and then Relubricated using Wurth High Performance Dry Chain Lube.
: Axle Nut Torque settings checked.
: Removed all Brake Pads, Cleaned Calipers, Pistons pushed back by hand. Ceramic Grease applied to all sliders.
: Tyre Pressures Set to 42PSI Front & Rear as per Manual.

Just waiting for a New Tank Pad & Light Smoke MRA Double Bubble Screen for the Bike to finish it off, Hopefully it comes next Week.

Some Pictures...

49929261972_1a6b2a2915_c.jpg

49929261872_5e2c11fcee_c.jpg

49928442833_b7c8ea49de_c.jpg

49928443038_4b662a6ce5_c.jpg

49929261892_c2e540de86_c.jpg

49929261932_8fd06e973c_c.jpg

49928960316_a6d32678f7_c.jpg

49928960391_e8391cddf8_c.jpg

49928442793_b9d2ca5c97_c.jpg

49928442458_dd7c837065_c.jpg

49928442573_5b86dcd291_c.jpg

49928453938_be44ca5144_c.jpg

• Like 2

Somebody not following proper clothing when riding ............

Motorbike rider ‘high on cocaine hit 180mph wearing shorts’

https://www.ft.com/content/38987fe2-6f19-11e8-92d3-6c13e5c92914 

A motorbike rider wearing shorts hit speeds of 180 mph while high on cocaine during a 30-minute chase, police said.  He was pursued across four different police jurisdictions as he jumped red lights, mounted pavements and went on the wrong side of the road in a bid to escape on Wednesday night.  The rider hit speeds of 70mph in a 20mph zone and was clocked at 180mph on the M1 before he rode the wrong way along the motorway’s hard shoulder to refuel, it is claimed.  He was stopped on the forecourt of the petrol station and arrested on suspicion of dangerous driving, theft of a motorcycle, failing to stop for police, driving without a licence and insurance, and being over the prescribed limit for cocaine.  Arresting officer Sergeant Tony McGovern said: “This was dangerous and reckless riding where the rider put himself and other innocent members of the public at risk of serious injury or even death.  “The rider was wearing a helmet but no protective clothing on his body and wearing shorts.”

The Metropolitan Police spotted the high-powered bike, with a false number plate, at around 9.20pm in the Wood Green area of north London.  Officers in marked BMWs pursued the motorcycle, requesting assistance from a police helicopter, as it sped through red lights, mounted pavements and travelled on the wrong side of the road.  The police helicopter clocked the bike travelling at up to 70mph in a 20mph zone and overtaking other vehicles before hitting speeds of 100mph after the pursuit cars lost sight.  Sgt McGovern said: “This was highly dangerous and the rider was doing this without any police units anywhere near him and his actions were putting his own, and innocent members of the public’s lives in danger.”  The chase continued onto the M1, where the rider is said to have hit speeds of 180mph as he rode into Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire and Buckinghamshire.    The Metropolitan Police said he has been released under investigation.

Edited by lol-lol

Still over the Moon with my decision to buy the Big Bird!

Went out last Monday for a bit of a shakedown run to ensure everything was OK after Servicing the Bike etc, Was only about 50 Local Miles but all good.

Also got out on Friday Afternoon and went a bit further including some Fast Twisty A Roads and Dual Carriageway Blasts, Getting a bit more used to the Bike now and its characteristics.

Its very nice to ride, Power is available absolutely everywhere in the Rev-Range and never stops delivering. When overtaking I don't even have to think about Gear Selection.

As you can imagine, Riding such a Powerful Bike and with Long Gearing you don't tap into the upper Levels of RPM very often. It makes serious progress with little effort and just using the Mid-Range but I was able to stretch its legs roll on from about 50MPH in 3rd & 4th Gear and was gobsmacked at just how quickly it accelerated...Brutally quick!

I gave it another Mini-Detail Yesterday Morning and its tucked away now for the next Week as I have 6 Afternoon shifts.

Done a few more little Jobs on the Hayabusa, Mainly finishing touches to the Bike including...

MRA Light Smoke Double Bubble Screen
Genuine Suzuki Carbon Effect Heel Plate Gel Stickers
Motografix Tank Protector 

49955004841_c9c61d2071_c.jpg

49954502198_42a5fa9d56_c.jpg

49955004836_d1a0d2a775_c.jpg

49954502163_65c14d0ea7_c.jpg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, bonelorry said:

Its very nice to ride, Power is available absolutely everywhere in the Rev-Range and never stops delivering. When overtaking I don't even have to think about Gear Selection.

After the initial "wow this is mental" phase was over, the huge flexibility and mid-range was the thing that really impressed. It was possible to make progress in a very relaxed manner.

There was no need to worry about slowing for traffic as it got back up to speed so effortlessly.

• Like 1

Took the Triumph on-roading on a byway near Marlborough.

I was expecting a lightly gravelled path, but instead found a heavily rutted, potholed dusty track with deep gravel, flint and similar, with lumps large enough to send the front wheel darting wildly off course. And sufficient gradients and slopes to be properly frightening.

Still, all the walkers and cyclists I encountered were very friendly and offered genuine words of encouragement, I didn't drop it and I can now feel justified in replacing the flimsy original plastic sump guard with a more substantial ally one as I managed to give it a good thump at one point.

I didn't get photos at the really hairy bits as I was concentrating too much on not falling off.

IMG_20200531_115006.thumb.jpg.8b0a230fee1de5c88d0ee5a501dce0d6.jpg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Gyp said:

I was expecting a lightly gravelled path, but instead found a heavily rutted, potholed dusty track with deep gravel, flint and similar, with lumps large enough to send the front wheel darting wildly off course. And sufficient gradients and slopes to be properly frightening.

Still, all the walkers and cyclists I encountered were very friendly and offered genuine words of encouragement, I didn't drop it and I can now feel justified in replacing the flimsy original plastic sump guard with a more substantial ally one as I managed to give it a good thump at one point.

I didn't get photos at the really hairy bits as I was concentrating too much on not falling off.

Looks very much at home on that picture!

Smart looking Bike.

10 hours ago, bonelorry said:

Looks very much at home on that picture!

Smart looking Bike.

Cheers. About 100bhp down on my Busa, but more comfortable and I'm enjoying it just as much, just in a different way.

It does need a clean though.

I’ll confess to enjoying my first ride of 2020 last week.

Very quiet roads. Thoroughly enjoyed a gentle ride. Got myself and the bike back in the groove.

A new MOT the next day due to a cancellation slot was a bonus.

My 10 day tour to Germany and Belgium (Spa circuit) in May was blitzed of course.

1DFA8460-D667-453C-A855-EFDD22D0CAF1.jpeg

7D31A0F7-3392-4AD0-B26A-CDAE2D8EB923.jpeg

86C09A46-C22B-425E-88B2-F3D85578819C.jpeg

• Like 3

On 31/05/2020 at 19:14, Gyp said:

I saw a near identical Triumph broken down at the side of the road this afternoon when at work and it made me think perhaps you were over, but I doubt it at moment. 

1 minute ago, FUBAR said:

I saw a near identical Triumph broken down at the side of the road this afternoon when at work and it made me think perhaps you were over, but I doubt it at moment. 

No, not me. This afternoon the missus got me to use the Superb to transport a dresser that she'd bought sight-unseen from a woman on Facebook.

I would have preferred to have been broken down though as basically she's paid someone for something they should have taken to the tip!

Over the last couple of weeks there's been a fair amount of excitement about the Triumph Scrambler 1200 Bond edition with somewhat vulgar 007 branding and Bond embroidery. My Scrambler 900 Kingsman edition is far more subtle.

00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200605150853403_COVER.thumb.jpg.e6ff2a0b66214ba64c2cde5da6ccfb28.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gyp said:

No, not me. This afternoon the missus got me to use the Superb to transport a dresser that she'd bought sight-unseen from a woman on Facebook.

I would have preferred to have been broken down though as basically she's paid someone for something they should have taken to the tip!

Over the last couple of weeks there's been a fair amount of excitement about the Triumph Scrambler 1200 Bond edition with somewhat vulgar 007 branding and Bond embroidery. My Scrambler 900 Kingsman edition is far more subtle.

I need to have a clear out at some point too. Ask the boss if she wants 14 wheels with tyres that are taking up valuable real estate in the shed and a Mk1 Octavia 1.9TDi with 76K miles that they will mostly fit into. 🙃 

Opened the garage door, had a look under the dustshheet and yes the Tiger was still there hibernating after months of lockdown. Max travel here in Wales is 5 mile radius from home so not worth the effort. Hope it all changes soon.Very soon.Very very soon.

8 minutes ago, Ajay24 said:

Opened the garage door, had a look under the dustshheet and yes the Tiger was still there hibernating after months of lockdown. Max travel here in Wales is 5 mile radius from home so not worth the effort. Hope it all changes soon.Very soon.Very very soon.

WOW didn't know Wales had such a radius restriction 😬 I went back and forth across NI today and there were more bikers than cagers on the roads, was an awesome sight tbh Saw a big group or more likely 3 or 4 groups parked in a filling station on way back spread out nicely taking up the entire place to keep distance.  👌 We haven't had any positive cases let alone hospital admissions in my area for some weeks now. We were about a week behind Belfast at the start of lockdown and Belfast was about a week behind GB and 2/3 weeks behind London. Seems to have had a very strong effect with a lockdown at an earlier stage so to speak. Hope all is calming down your way and be back out and exploring again shortly. 🤞

Edited by FUBAR

Thanks , my part of North Wales is now the first or second highest affected area in Wales,  together with being over 70 puts me in High vulnerable group so slight lockdown easing last week hasn't done much. Filled the Karoq up 12 weeks ago and have done around 100 miles since then. Also first time in a shop in 12 weeks. Getting stir crazy .

Edited by Ajay24
spelling
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Ajay24 said:

Thanks , my part of North Wales is now the first or second highest affected area in Wales,  together with being over 70 puts me in High vulnerable group so slight lockdown easing last week hasn't done much. Filled the Karoq up 12 weeks ago and have done around 100 miles since then. Also first time in a shop in 12 weeks. Getting stir crazy .

Never fear, you're doing it the right way by sounds of it. Be out to blow the cob webs off before you know it. Roads have been a different place of late, I drive for a living so am all over the place throughout and its been so different (in a flamin good way from my daily point of view). Been a terrible spate of bikers being killed on the roads here sadly though, on the face of it so far all SMIDSY and even a hit and run last week 😞 Take it handy when you do get back out, some folk (in cars) have taken the absolute biscuit with quieter roads and need to wise up. I'm like that with fuel anyway, I got another car this day last week and hadn't filled the other 2 since Feb! My commute is so short it normally takes 2 months running cars a week about to need to fill both at once. I emptied the Mk1 Octy into the newer one there as it's time with me is nearing the end and it's off the road now, sad times! 

Edited by FUBAR

Another Small Job Ticked off the list done Today, Fitted a New Pyramid Hugger in Gloss Black.

Did a bit of Research into what was available for the Gen 2 and although most of the Huggers incorporated a Chain Guard not many offered much in the way of Protection especially down in the Belly Pan/Rectifier Area.

Anyway the Pyramid looked like the One to go for, I am on my Holidays so Drove from Sheffield to Gainsborough where Pyramid are based and collected One this Morning also got a 10% Discount too so Happy Days.

Very happy with the Quality, No Clearance issues and fitted spot on. Love the Look of it too...

49989216141_701000918c_c.jpg

49989216511_6114bbba95_c.jpg

49989216591_0dc0d7d9d9_c.jpg

49988697748_7d67950908_c.jpg

49989216501_94151b12de_c.jpg

49989216386_c39dba39c6_c.jpg

• Like 1

Rode it and stopped to look at a horse

<pic deleted as it doesn't appear to be working>

And generally just admire the view

DdNsYDkJF4y4m1gZ_GyC7cG6Ys3dLMAkXR0GW7BSdCBwiOi2pY-5YMq_D0BaKQsTslKbttsJWBFt-ZYxbSlb8TlCQnls4y_QQ0Tq53utIaX---tvkHHg_uTOAbbTHTvwDDF5Cci4rrOuoD3el_hZ49t07N40yr5hwWunn9UPmkh3k1oga0zOPhVzcmh5-2rUZBe6BGb3bPP3J4MiaGgHz-CiKB_jU2KzMK9ZUOT9YVQIerpZkgjfaAr9P5nnb1S1zDeRWbGAhGsenfvzhJnstATAPCHCjLhN6kDwaUUaXk3JL0zuW_cYFLxzVRk7VreK-jBZUMh_kJQCqgUTgxyFs6gcJ9yagm4lDJbyC_CDXX1HkW20ke-6CfeRLMTHlWgCkazA0quYSfsrhcoUjoqmFHkogSckfm_1thtRngZjaDt0V5t7pu3UBSTAchNkbgFhhwfomfyEnPrpL7eDDVxwBLGAPeyFQCTAO3NNJzAem-usW_bdhmalv5OCIeiX4M8cEF8d9KWluXLyfZuyUcgw6NrzEsSbk-ih-AQC4y-JwDydPu_EmEjzwcTO9m2xC0gyt4lXPIbl9yAbvXE_xXZELen4a_zSlf7mLq3UFqDlZv9xflsfEWjbhe6JodvRDU4zvDVX-qaftSoaqCHfEeUfkav4rJZz0I58jLmP-16SWh1hOZiSJ-fdwaaZUskL0A=w1250-h937-no?authuser=0

Edited by Gyp
  • Like 2

Fitted the FOBO TPMS to the Triumph.

For what it is it's very expensive, but the reviews are probably the best for these type of devices (though that might be from people justifying spending so much...)

Took a bit of fiddling but all working now.

I've got the BMW system on the R1200R and that's useful for reminding me that I need to pump the tyres up, and as the (tubed) tyres on the Triumph have a tendency the deflate a little more regularly, this should be a handy safety feature on that one too.

Went out to play on some gravel.

Well, didn't go out with that intention, because if I had I'd have left my luggage at home!

IMG_20200615_191028.jpg

Edited by Gyp
  • Like 2

Few more jobs done on the Busa...

I have never been entirely happy with the Feel of the Front Brake and always felt it lacked initial Bite, The Standard Pads are not great from what I have read and going on what fellow Owners have said especially on the later ABS Bikes with Brembo Front Calipers is that swapping the Pads makes quite a difference.

The Bikes done 8000 Miles and is 3 Years old so was due a Brake Fluid Change, The pads which are the originals had loads of life left in them which says a lot about how hard the compound is but as said lacked initial Bite.

I did some research before buying because the Front Brembo Calipers used on the Hayabusa are of a bit of an odd design with the Bleed Nipples on the Inside and Brake Pad Choice is a bit limited.

After much mind changing I opted to go for some SBS Brake Pads in the end.

New Front & Rear SBS Sintered Pads
Brake Fluid Change using ATE Typ 200 DOT 4

50025951702_9927df9366_c.jpg

50025951477_cf1808c020_c.jpg

• 1 month later...