What did you do to your bike today?

fabiamk2SE

1 hour ago, Vfr400boy said:

What mpg was you getting? And are they ok 2 up ? 

Am on the look out for some header pipes if any one knows of any 

They are not great on Fuel for a 600 to be honest, 35-40MPG tops rings a bell but I only ever rode mine for Leisure. I don't ride 2 up either so not much help to you there, I would imagine they are OK and have a decent pillion seat but the lack of bottom end up to 8000RPM might make it a bit lethargic 2 up. 

Lookout for a smell of fuel from the exhaust on cold start up, Smell of Fuel in the Oil and Lumpy idle/Very poor MPG. The Fuel Pressure Regulators are prone for going allowing fuel to seep into the Cylinders and contaminating the Oil. Common on the 2001-2006 Bikes, The CBR929RR also suffers from this.

A word of warning too, Many owners fit Cheap Aftermarket Headers such as Delkevic or Black Widow but if they are not totally identical to the OEM Headers it can give running issues without fitment of a Power Commander. They do not have a great tolerance when it comes to the ECU Map Stock Fuelling/Ignition and don't respond very well to any changes other than OEM parts, You can get away with a Slip on Can but as said when you change the Headers or the Air Filter it can give flat spots throughout the rev range on these.

I fitted a Pattern Hiflo Air Filter which was supposed to be OEM equivalent, It gave a big flat spot in the Mid-Range so I bought the expensive Genuine Honda item and problem solved.

These were my old CBR600F's...

36565419212_efe50a2fab_c.jpg

49621732361_fcb043862d_c.jpg

Edited by bonelorry
  • Like 1

On 05/03/2020 at 09:51, bonelorry said:

Your Tiger is looking well, Apologies about the delay replying I have been having a bit of a break from the Forum.

I do intend to ride it if I keep it, I am having second thoughts about buying it to be honest and for the reasons you have listed.

One of my options before buying the Bike was to buy a Second Car to have as a toy, I am not afraid to admit that I am a fair weather rider and OTT with keeping the Bike immaculate only and going out in anything other than Dry Weather I just don't enjoy the ride and if there is any threat of Rain I just don't get it out. With that in mind I limit myself to the amount of actual riding enjoyment I get out of the Bike.  I cant help it.

Obviously I know at this time of Year it is to be expected but my head keeps telling me that I have £11K sat in the Garage under a Cover, I had a bad Year in 2019 with Bikes and managed about 1000 Miles and sold up before the end of the Season vowing not to buy another for 2020 and got carried away and bought the BMW in December.

I just think/feel I am ready for Break from Bikes, We are now into March and the Season is just around the corner. I usually start to get excited about getting out but not this time 😞

To quote myself, The deed is done and I haven’t even put my leg over this One yet.

Sold it to a dealer, Collect in the Morning.

Time for a few Years off Bikes and hopefully rekindle some love for them.

On 27/01/2020 at 21:15, CWARD said:

They’re a few of the same make and model ebay  but not the 26w version as Gyp's link. 

Bought Night Eye LED H4 kit beacause couldn't get GYP's reccomended. They are now fitted to my Tiger 800 coomlete withan LED parking bulb. Went out for a night trial last night and they were awful. A mate came round for a look and told me they were fitted upside down. Now they look to be a big improvement but need a decent night to try them out.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice hundred mile run on the Tracer, it now has 130 miles on it. 5k running in revs is indicated 75 mph so not too much of a pain to run in.

Doing 60 mpg.

Still hard work in to a 25 mph wind, even with the screen wound up to highest height but then I am 6 foot one.  Looking for a taller screen, seems to be between Givi and Puig but then there is slipstream from Wales but no spec on the extra height of this screen.

Coming back from Bristol with the wind behind was much more pleasant.

Still got a numb bum after an hour of riding.  What is the best solution for reducing or curing numb bum ?

1 hour ago, Vfr400boy said:

Pulled exhaust off the cbr last night. It's not to bad and think it will weld 

20200321_204331.jpg

20200321_204319.jpg

Did it wound more awesome? 

Today since work didn't tell me what im doing from tomorrow as all is changing and no answer on phone...... I took the bike into work to see that I have a nice 04:00 start in the morning now fantastic! 😞

Everyone with a bike locally seemed to be out lovely dry and sunny if a bit chilly, day! 

P20200322_122510.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FUBAR said:

Today since work didn't tell me what im doing from tomorrow as all is changing and no answer on phone...... I took the bike into work to see that I have a nice 04:00 start in the morning now fantastic! 😞

Everyone with a bike locally seemed to be out lovely dry and sunny if a bit chilly, day! 

P20200322_122510.jpg

Just been out for an hour on my pc50 was loads of bikes out not many cars on road 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Vfr400boy said:

Just been out for an hour on my pc50 was loads of bikes out not many cars on road 

A colleague at work arrived just as I was leaving again and was looking around the bike he blipped the throttle and it put out about a foot long flame LOL 

What did I do?

Looked to see if it was still in the garage. It is.

A sunny ride seems a long way away.  I’ve just cancelled a string of hotels in Germany & Belgium planned for May.

Hope DFDS will let me reschedule a ferry trip one day.

There’s an R1200RS under the cover. 25K over 5 summer seasons. Includes a trip abroad each year.

E60C37FD-5F68-47E6-BFC6-A651225DBF11.jpeg

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Gyp said:

Visited it in the garage

I'll take mine to work on Friday* if that makes you feel any better 😁

* if symptom free

22 minutes ago, Gyp said:

No, not really

This might work. My MOT is due 1st May, I booked it a few weeks back when reminder dropped on door mat and the next day all MOT's were suspended with immediate effect until 22nd June. As it's booked it should be cancelled and a 3 month exemption certificate issued and 3 months added shows up on the gov site etc. For some reason this hasn't happened for mine and the entire department is closed to public calls now and even email. So it's on its last month on the road either way now since it's slipped the net. Booked in for 9th April gurrrrrrr They will make me pay test fee again after this. 

3 minutes ago, FUBAR said:

This might work. My MOT is due 1st May, I booked it a few weeks back when reminder dropped on door mat and the next day all MOT's were suspended with immediate effect until 22nd June. As it's booked it should be cancelled and a 3 month exemption certificate issued and 3 months added shows up on the gov site etc. For some reason this hasn't happened for mine and the entire department is closed to public calls now and even email. So it's on its last month on the road either way now since it's slipped the net. Booked in for 9th April gurrrrrrr They will make me pay test fee again after this. 

That's not good 😞

I am wondering what I should or shouldn't SORN

3 minutes ago, Gyp said:

That's not good 😞

I am wondering what I should or shouldn't SORN

So handy done these days might as well SORN anything not being used, simple few clicks of a mouse to reverse when you get parole. 

• Thanks 1

Random one, but falls within the lines of what I did today or Saturday more than likely. As a cheapo option for security for around the house, i've bought a random collection of wifi cameras that do cloud storage and motion activation with controlled zones etc. Got a 3 Blink set up for outside and 4X neo's for inside. The Neos are here and ive registered and played with them all, but will need longer cables for where I want them. The Blinks are en route! Blink ones as battery operated and low consumption (claimed to last for up to 2 years on 1X AA batteries etc). Im going to launch one into the back of the shed looking down through it to keep an eye on the bike and my fuel stocks. 

Anyone else used either of these? Very impressed so far with the £19.99 each delivered Neos ones off amazon, soon I can talk to the dog while at work :D

21 hours ago, FUBAR said:

Anyone else used either of these? Very impressed so far with the £19.99 each delivered Neos ones off amazon, soon I can talk to the dog while at work :D

I've got a couple of installations of Logitech cameras from about 10-12 years ago that were eye-wateringly expensive and seem to be struggling to keep going now. They are a combination of both powerline and PoE and work with apps that Logitech stopped updating years ago.

Rather than spend too long coaxing them back into life on a regular basis, i bought a Neos one and so far have been very impressed especially at the price. There are 2 downsides as far as I can see; 1. not waterproof, and 2. the subscription service limits to 3 cameras per subscription.

The waterproofing issue isn't too much of a problem as external housings are available from after-market suppliers, but the pricing structure for the subscription service is annoying. Where I'm sat at the moment has 7 logitech cameras - 5 external and 2 internal and I'd like to replace them with a modern alternative, but having to spread the cameras across 3 accounts with individual subscriptions seems daft.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Gyp said:

I've got a couple of installations of Logitech cameras from about 10-12 years ago that were eye-wateringly expensive and seem to be struggling to keep going now. They are a combination of both powerline and PoE and work with apps that Logitech stopped updating years ago.

Rather than spend too long coaxing them back into life on a regular basis, i bought a Neos one and so far have been very impressed especially at the price. There are 2 downsides as far as I can see; 1. not waterproof, and 2. the subscription service limits to 3 cameras per subscription.

The waterproofing issue isn't too much of a problem as external housings are available from after-market suppliers, but the pricing structure for the subscription service is annoying. Where I'm sat at the moment has 7 logitech cameras - 5 external and 2 internal and I'd like to replace them with a modern alternative, but having to spread the cameras across 3 accounts with individual subscriptions seems daft.

The Neos 'boost' subscription is saying no limit of cameras at moment but reserves the right to limit to a set number in the future based on demand. (when registered yesterday and it gave a forced free trial) 60 seconds each time something triggers it is plenty and 28 rather than 14 days stored for I think? I will try the non subscription 12 seconds clips to see how I get on after it expired for a bit. 

Odd one with the Blink's they arrived there a couple of hours ago and despite the reviews all over youtube the odd range thing I have to the shed meant more or less no signal in there despite being within 5 meters of router. So I just pulled the plug so to speak and went on amazon to do a return, but as the bundled echo show 5 I got with the set for £20 wasn't defective, they wanted me to pay return shipping (deducted off my refund)... Went on customer service chat for 2nd time today (having got a partial refund for a over 2 weeks non delivered order from them for some PPE stuff for work), person was odd on other side after I stated my lack of desire to pay for return shipping or keep the bundled item I no longer need for over twice the price I had paid etc etc. Told me to just keep it and would refund..... £227.99 that order was for the 3 camera set and Echo Show 5. Then they more or less cut me off sharpish after I said that would be great. Waiting to see if I get a refund notification now. 

On 01/04/2020 at 15:11, FUBAR said:

I believe MOT extensions will be added automatically - but only on the Due Date.  So we must wait till the Due Date arrives, then check online at DVLA to see if our vehicle has had the MOT Due Date extended by 6 months.

Guidance

Coronavirus: MOTs due from 30 March 2020

Your car, van or motorcycle’s MOT expiry date will be extended by 6 months if it’s due on or after 30 March 2020 - but you must keep your vehicle safe to drive.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BoxerBoy said:

I believe MOT extensions will be added automatically - but only on the Due Date.  So we must wait till the Due Date arrives, then check online at DVLA to see if our vehicle has had the MOT Due Date extended by 6 months.

Guidance

Coronavirus: MOTs due from 30 March 2020

Your car, van or motorcycle’s MOT expiry date will be extended by 6 months if it’s due on or after 30 March 2020 - but you must keep your vehicle safe to drive.

It's different in NI. 4* months (meant to say 4 not 3 in last post) will get added here after you book MOT and it is cancelled a certificate of exemption is issued. Four year old cars requiring their first MOT (four years old for first MOT of bikes and cars in NI not 3 like in GB) can't have their current one extended in the same way as they don't have one to extend so it's taken months of legal work to make it possible as there have been MOT issues here for several months before this closing most test centres down. That's been sorted on 26th March and when they shut all down here 24th they said four year old cars and all motorbikes will get 6 months same applies must book and they cancel it. But they have no staff to process it according to the same information on the gov site. These exemption certificates were coming out hand written, thats how non automated it is here. TEC's are not an extension as such, here it's a legal dispensation to negate the requirement to have an MOT certificate at all. Be a lot more simple if the Minister for Transport would just do a blanket auto free 6 months for all.... 

Edited by FUBAR