Yorkshire meet =) 4th July 12pm @ Whitby's Fish and chips restaurant In Rotherham

Gallo

Brilliant meet today guys, thanks all who attended.

Well done Gallo for sorting it

Fair play to Paul, who travelled down from York :thumbup:

Weather was perfect, fish and chips were spot on and some nice motors to look at :)

Will get some pics up later as I'm still at Whitby's now whilst SWMBO has her fish and chips

Cheers

Damo

• Like 1

Was just a hours drive for me and was a good day out :)

There's loads of places in York to have a meet ;)

Get something organised fella, I'll travel to York as I love the place!

Don't forget you have to propose to your fiancée if Jenson wins tomorrow lol (although theres more chance I'll win the lottery haha)

Sorting out the pics as we speak, and blanking the plates off. Will post pics up shortly :)

Was just a hours drive for me and was a good day out :)

There's loads of places in York to have a meet ;)

Today was a brill turnout, and it was my first meet so it was really good to but some names to faces.

Right that's the next meet sorted, York it is for the next meet, can you recommend a particular place in York?

How does end of August or beginning of September sound like to everyone?

• Like 1

Ok, a few pics I took as promised (Didn't get close up's of everyones sorry)

First of all Panoramic shot (9 Skoda's in total which is not bad for a mini meet)

IMAG0380_zpsvrsherb0.jpg

Group Shot 1

IMAG0382_zps0g5wyehl.jpg

Group Shot 2

IMAG0384_zpsxdgm5pvc.jpg

Close up of 88RSR's beautiful Mk2 FL on Air  :thumbup:

IMAG0381_zpsd6fniicu.jpg

Shenendor's beautiful MK3 Octavia L&K (must say I have changed my opinion on Brown interior...Very nice!)

0c1a392a-0ff9-4bcf-a71a-2c0846e1e645_zps

And mine (Cos I love it :D

IMAG0392_zpsggpn2u0n.jpg

As I said, cracking meet and enjoying meeting some new faces, as well as some old friends.

Even Mr Briskoda himself, our very own Colin came along :)... and some bloke called John too :p

Cheers

Damo

• Like 3

We had a mega meet near York a few years ago at The Stone Trough Inn. Massive car park, just off the A64. Loads came...

I remember that one, it was a good turnout as you say.  I'd be up for the Stone Trough location - purely selfish reasons as it's not too far from Scarborough. 

It would have been good to come to the meeting today but I had to take the Vectra to Wythenshawe for a bit of mechanical TLC.  I wasn't back in the beautiful county of Yorkshire 'till 3pm and I was only just over the top at Saddleworth at that time.  

Nice photos from today and a pretty good turnout too. :)

• Like 1

• Administrators

Good to meet you guys and gals ;)

As to meets, the best bet is to pick a place you like, you want to go to and set a date. By setting it and declaring it, people will find it.

Interested to hear venues around York for car meets. Hunting for a 2016 venue :) Will be considering a range :)

• Like 2

I'm up for a York meet. Just as an idea, has anyone thought about meeting up somewhere then if people want to go karting then have a convoy to a karting place and those that don't want can watch and chat? Don't know how that would work and if there would be anywhere that you wouldn't have to book. Maybe when the thread is up you could say if you want to do the activity or not and places could be booked. Just throwing an idea out there.

• Like 1

Is that a South Yorkshire Grumpy Groan Damo or a Happy North Yorkshire one    :notme:

Gold finger would not have found his way there without a Citigo to lead him and pull him along with slipstream. Without a rail diagram he gets lost.

Nice little meet, and nice to meet some members although I was only there a short time, gutted I was being good and not having fish and chips too :'( 

• Like 1