Amd, Apr, Revo, Superchips Etc

DGW

Members who have had their cars Jabba'd will know their cars' before and after figures from the dyno runs. But how about those members who have had their cars chipped or programmed with off the shelf programmes? Did any of you have your cars checked on a dyno before and/or after tuning and, if so, do the power/torque figures achieved match those claimed by the manufacturers? Or are some of you just hoping that your cars achieve the figures, eg 210bhp, claimed for whatever tuning package was installed? This question is directed at those who have had standard engines tuned, ie standard air filter, exhaust, N75 etc (but not necessarily DV). thinks.gif

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

didn't ever get my RS RR'ed after it was chipped by APR. Driving with other cars, in optimax mode (98RON), it *easily* felt 220+bhp on the butt dyno.

don't intend to get the next RS dynoed unless something doesn't feel right. (or until such time that i convince myself to get a jabba IHI conversion)

Rich,

Get it on a Dyno, and don't be scared to post the results, unlike some people we know :rofl:

I think the general consensus is something like..

Jabbasport: Tried, Tested, Trusted and Proven.

APR: Pretty much as per Jabba (I'm sure there's 1 or 2 members who can vouch for them)

Revo: Look on SeatCupra.net, they all rave about it.

Superchips....hmmm personally i dont know much about them, but i have heard allegations of exaggerated performance claims.

My RS is more responsive, more flexible, fuel economy is better and mid/top end torque continues to push it along like a steam train.

David never made any exaggerated claims ie for a technical moron like me he explained it thus, 'Your car will be better'. Fair enough I thought :D

I've said before that it would have been nice to go with everyone else's recommendation, Jabba, but it's David's car so he calls the shots. I'm tempted to ask if I could have a go in someones Jabbalicious RS but...

Originally posted by MonkeyHanger in this post

Get it on a Dyno, and don't be scared to post the results, unlike some people we know :rofl:

Who are??? :confused:

Originally posted by DGW in this post

Apparently the standard 4X4 is more tuneable than the standard vRS. Something to do with the exhaust being more free-flowing... PS And I think that applies to the 4X4 Estate rather than the Hatch... :cool:

The Power Report Test figures for my car are as follows:

Engine Power:......169.6 kW (230.4 Cv) a 6326 RPM (181.3 Km/h)

Engine Power ref:...121.1 kW (164.6 Cv) a 6028 RPM (172.7 Km/h)

Wheel Power:........135.2 kW (183.7 Cv)

Dissipate Power:......34.4 kW (46.7 Cv)

Rule Power:...........173.5 kW (235.7 Cv) [DIN 70020 Rule]

Max Couple:.........338.9 Nm a 3370 g/m (96.6 Km/h)

Max Couple ref:......231.0 Nm a 2695 RPM (77.2 Km/h)

Max Speed:..........6842 RPM (196.1 Km/h)

Max Speed ref:.......6615 RPM (189.6 Km/h)

Atmospheric Pressure: 997 mbar

Air Temperature: 24

text2schild.php?text=Back on topic, please!&typ=10&col=0,0,0&shcol=255,153,0

So far we apparently have no members with off the shelf remaps/chips who actually know the power/torque increase from having their cars tuned? Can this be true? (Those with non-standard exhausts, FMICs etc need not reply). thinks.gif

Originally posted by MonkeyHanger in this post

Indeed Des,

I see no plot whatsoever, maybe we should have gone to SpecSavers ? :D

Still can't see a graph m8, course I could just ignore everyone but then modded cars are not allowed to post are they. ;)

Des

Cheers Geoff.

So now you all know. Beware the power of the Superchip! Strangely, power and speed seem to be in direct correlation to stereo volume as you poor Jabbachappies are now aware.

Back on topic, this is an interesting thread and I will do my utmost to get 'numbers'. Like Denis I'd be interested to hear from anyone who's had Revo etc.

imho not too bothered if it does the business on the road and compares favourably with known quantities.

however........(!),

if someone knows a reputable place with an accurate RR around manchester/stockport, then i may get it done when the car's got a few thousand miles on it, or i've done something like an IHI conversion. :)

Denis,

I have a superchip and have been dissappointed with the figures. When it was done originally they got 200 bhp and 207 lbf.ft but when I went to S/Chips HQ a few weeks ago they got 185 bhp and 233 lbf.ft. This was AFTER I had a full Miltek and ABD intake but they claimed it was because it was hot in the R/R cell (29 deg) and the metal inlet pipe suffered from heatsoak- they leave the bonnet shut and of course the ECU cuts the power. Confused-so am I? Fed up - Yes

Anyway its booked into Jabba in October when I hope their remap will give some sensible numbers. It actually drives OK but torque seems to fall off very quickly at the top end-hence the low bhp.

Chris

My car is getting APR'd as i type:) I'm booked on a rolling road day on the 19th October with ClubGTI, and will post the results of mine and how accurate other cars appear to be.

My car will be standard apart from the remap.

Phil.