which car seat protectors?

Having taken recent delivery of a beautiful Octavia vrs, I am looking to keep it this way by protecting the seats from the onslaught of a 3 and 1 year old. I was wondering what other owners have purchased specifically seat back protection and child car seat protectio?

I have lovely leather seats and envisaged the child seats scratching it to oblivion but all I do is to lay an old towel on the rear bench. This not only protects the surface of the seat but also collects the inevitable dropped crisp/sweet/fir cone/snail shell etc

I think I will refrain from removing limbs (at least until all avenues have been explored) I have put a couple of blankets on the rear seats but these look unsightly and tbh not convinced of the protection it offers. obviously I am looking to spend as least as possible, however would rather spend £20 on something that works rather than £10 and cross my fingers. I was just after some feedback on what others have purchased? Did it work? How much did you pay? etc.

• 3 weeks later...

We bought a rear seat cover from Lidl!!,it was only £4ish,it clips around the head rests and covers the whole seat and floor,it has Velcro holes for seat belt access ,we use it when we go away with our dog in the back.

Edited by Helston Hauler

I bought the Lindam protectors for under the car seats on the rear bench. Search Lindam car seat protector on Amazon.

I put some seat covers on the front seats that cover all of the back of seats to stop the kids mucky feet scuffing the seats. I can't remember where I got the front covers from, but they do have the cut outs for the airbags.

Try Titan Seat Covers, I've been using them for a few months and they appear pretty robust.

Email them first as their site just says Octavia 2004 onwards.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/PetGear-Happy-Pet-Front-Cover/dp/B00422L560/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1437771872&sr=8-9&keywords=seat+covers+pets

I use the above seat covers, I don't think you'll find much better, bigger than other seat covers and made from a heavy material.

check out the reviews, most people don't have a bad word to say about them.

they do one for the rear seat as well, but I only have the 2 fronts.

don't buy from amazon though, there cheaper at petsathome, fronts only £14 each   :clap:

• 4 weeks later...

Quite a bit more expensive than the usual seat protectors/covers, but these are excellent. They also provide a large amount of these for emergency service vehicles which are Skodas!

http://www.seatskinz.co.uk/

Have you tried them? I know they are expensive but liked that I could get a seat cover for the back seat to my design and with red stitching.

Haven't ordered because they are expensive and their website is strangely lacking in any fitting detail.

Also unsure what colour I would order and whether just to go black.

Have you tried them? I know they are expensive but liked that I could get a seat cover for the back seat to my design and with red stitching.

Haven't ordered because they are expensive and their website is strangely lacking in any fitting detail.

Also unsure what colour I would order and whether just to go black.

I haven't personally got them on my car, but I'm currently filming a promotional video of their work and they've been showing me the process from start to finish and it really is a quality product.

They provide them to around 10 forces throughout the UK and to countless amounts of hire cars and taxis and they swear by them! A police officer didn't even realise that they were covers until he got told to feel around under the seat to feel the edge.

Also regarding fitting as far as i'm aware they charge a £50 fitting fee if you want them to do it, or you could always give it a shot yourself.

Edited by alexl94