Bulbs Types for Parking Lights and DRL's in Halogen Headlights?

Can anyone confirm what the bulb sizes are for the parking lights and the DRL's. The handbook doesn't list types. I want to swap over the nightbreakers, silvervisions and MTEC bulbs from our Citigo to the forthcoming Fabia.

Low Beam/High Beam (Headlight) - H4

Turn Signal -  PY21W

Parking Light - ?

Daytime Running Light - ?

The first two swap straight over, but the Citigo has a single bulb for the Parking/DRL - MTEC W21/5w T20 DUAL FILAMENT - not two separate bulbs like the new Fabia. Is this the same? So I just need to by another pair?

Thanks

Just a little point.

They are Side Lights, Head Lights & DRL's.

Sidelights become a Parking light when the car is Parked and it is One Side Light to the Front, Same Side one to the rear,

& maybe one Number Plate light at the side, which you put the Indicator Stalk down to when parking up.

• 2 weeks later...

Halogen headlights:
Low beam / High beam - H4

Indicator - PY21W

DRL - P21W

Sidelight/Parking light - W5W

Projector+LED:
Low beam (projector) - H7

High beam - H7

DRL - LED

Indicator - WY21W

Front foglight - H8

Side indicator - WY5W

Rear lights:
Parking light + Foglight (lower) - P21/4W
Parking light + Stoplight (upper) - P21/4W

Parking light - W3W (2 per side)

Indicator - PY21W
Reversing light - P21W

3rd Brake light - LED

License plate light - W5W

• Like 4

Can someone clear this up for me - which MkIII Fabias have the halogen headlights, and which the projector type? Are the projector type standard on the SE L because they get fitted along with the daytime LED lights?

Many thanks!

I've ordered some LED bulbs for the DRLs on my SE. The SE has the halogen headlights with a separate bulb for the DRLs.

The SE L has the projector type with the LED DRLs built in along the bottom.

I was thinking of some chrome indicator bulbs as well, are they the offset pin type on the Fabia?

<snip>

I was thinking of some chrome indicator bulbs as well, are they the offset pin type on the Fabia?

Yes, that is what the Y in PY21W stands for, the P21W bulb has the pins exactly opposite

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys

I am about to order some H7 HID lights for the Mk3 SEL. I can see that the Foglights at H8 but what are the parking lights for the SEL spec Fabia Mk3? Are they the same as the SE spec and W5W?

Hi guys

I am about to order some H7 HID lights for the Mk3 SEL. I can see that the Foglights at H8 but what are the parking lights for the SEL spec Fabia Mk3? Are they the same as the SE spec and W5W?

The DRLs on SEL double up as the parking lights - they're the DRLs dimmed a tad.

See post #3 above, or click this link !

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/362527-bulbs-types-for-parking-lights-and-drls-in-halogen-headlights/?p=4318629

Just ordered 2 x pairs of chrome indicator bulbs with offset pins from Euro Car Parts £7.85 with the extra 10% off, never used these bulbs before but I just want to make the lights look cleaner with none of the fried egg effect.

Also fitted LED DRL bulbs which look really good, it's the same ones I left in my Monte and they look more like OEM LED DRLs than the aftermarket LED strip lights you can buy from Philips.

Would somebody please confirm whether the projector halogen headlights can be ordered as an upgrade on the S or SE models (factory order or dealer-fit).

I like my projectors and separate high beam on my Mk2 SE, and don't want to go back to H4 bulbs.

Thanks in anticipation.

I think they're part of the LED daytime running lights option (£190) as they are shown as standard fit on the SE L and that has the projector headlights. Would be worth checking with a dealer though! :)

• Like 1

I recently replaced my SEL Fabia's main beam (H7) and fog lights (H8) with xenon effect halogen bulbs (MTEC Super White) and I'm finding them quite dim in comparison to the OEM halogen bulbs. Anybody else have a similar problem?

• 2 weeks later...

Does anybody know what fixtures are needed for the internal lights? Which type of bulbs would be necessary for the internal cabin lights (for cars with a panoramic roof, the rear cabin has two lights either side as opposed to one central light in the rear)

I recently replaced my SEL Fabia's main beam (H7) and fog lights (H8) with xenon effect halogen bulbs (MTEC Super White) and I'm finding them quite dim in comparison to the OEM halogen bulbs. Anybody else have a similar problem?

Unfortunately, to make the light look 'white' blue filtering is added to the bulb.

This blue filter cuts alot of the visible colour spectrum that the human eye uses and has a massive impact on the overall brightness of the bulb.

The only way to overcome the effect of blue filtering is to increase the bulb wattage.

Unfortunately, to make the light look 'white' blue filtering is added to the bulb.

This blue filter cuts alot of the visible colour spectrum that the human eye uses and has a massive impact on the overall brightness of the bulb.

The only way to overcome the effect of blue filtering is to increase the bulb wattage.

Thanks for this! I heard similar advice and opted for 100w Super Whites which work great I must say. Especially considering my dipped beams are now HIDs which seem to overpower everything!

• 2 years later...

On the SE version you can upgrade the headlights when ordering new .

The SE comes with the H4 bulbs a standard but you can have the projector headlight fitted.

These units come with 2 x H7's per side and LED's for side/DLR lights.

Thanks AG Falco