So thinking of getting the KTM 690 Enduro R (SM TRIM)

BO60BYS

Thinking of getting the KTM 690 Enduro R with the sm trim so i can swap it and change it, started my biking career on off road bikes (4 years old with a pw50 working way up) and iv had sports and super sports bikes i just want something to have fun on now :) and not loose my license haha. 

Anyone got one? Had one? Fancy one? 

I originally was going to go for the CRF450 but the service schedule is to much i prefer to ride allot and for some distance as well. 

Thoughts please :D

Kinda reiterates in my head why i never posted in this sub section haha.

Well its not through lack of seeing it... Just nobody rides offroad or supermoto.

I dont know much about it to help tbh

It looks fun though.

• Like 1

As your only bike? Or you for weekends?

Only bike :) i dont ride as much any more the jobs really knocking being on the road out of me so just looking for something to commute on and have some wheel fun .

i just want something to have fun on now :) and not loose my license haha. 

Anyone got one? Had one? Fancy one?

Thoughts please :D

Problem is with supermotos that on anything other than the twistiest b roads they're just out of puff and boring, and you're just as likely to lose your licence, but for riding like a hooligan round town, rather than high speeds, lol.

My thoughts (for what they're worth, which is about £2.50 on a good day), if you want something that's a pure riders bike, an absolute riot to ride (assuming you like your bikes to behave like a hyperactive puppy that's been locked in the kitchen all day, then taken to the park) at speeds that mean points, rather than a jail sentence - mk1 Street Triple R, look no further :)

Ive ridden a 12 plate street triple and thought it was alright. Couldnt get on with the riding position though, felt like i was just purched on top.

Bug eye headlights look tacky too imo.

But the engine was okay. Whistling along.

Ive ridden a 12 plate street triple and thought it was alright. Couldnt get on with the riding position though, felt like i was just purched on top.

Bug eye headlights look tacky too imo.

But the engine was okay. Whistling along.

2012 bike doesn't have the bug eye headlights, it has the Dame Ednas. The engine is an utter peach (although I do wish they'd given the R the full fat Daytona lump, but that would've killed sales of the ageing 1050 Speed stone dead), and it certainly don't whistle once you ditch the awful oe exhaust system and replace it with the Arrow 3 into 1. Few things (in biking, or any other walk of life) ever live up to their hype, but the mk1 Street R is one of them - it really is every bit as good as all the reviews and road tests say it is (and one of the last bastions of proper pure riders bikes, in amongst the sea of electronic festooned s**te that is most modern bikes. Surefire future classic.

Well harleys sell well to, n i wouldnt have one given to me haha.

I'd never have a Harley as my only bike, but there would certainly be a couple of them in my lottery garage, albeit heavily modified. Harley's don't sell as a bike though, they sell as a lifestyle accessory (along with all the clothing and accessories that Harley actually make more money from than they do from selling their bikes). Nobody buys a Harley based on it's ability as a bike (well, nobody who isn't clinically insane). They're bought either by people who already have at least one proper bike, so don't care that Harley's are terrible bikes, or by people who've never ridden anything else, and therefore don't even know that they're terrible bikes.

http://www.shawspeedandcustom.co.uk/bikes/rockstar-mxr

http://www.shawspeedandcustom.co.uk/bikes/xr-h-dls

http://www.shawspeedandcustom.co.uk/bikes/pigster

There's a few examples I'd happily have in my lottery garage.

I started to think is there fun to be found from doing speeds slower than WARP SPEED :)   Looking at vespa riders and people who just plod around i started to wonder what kind of enjoyment do they get from riding because at one point i only ever got a buzz from being on the edge every second i was on the bike. 

Thats why i want the KTM 690 because its far from slow can still do 130 and its pokey pokey fun :)

Exactly. I agree mate.

But i still cant understand the vespa bunch. Infact i got soo ****ed off with 1 of them last week. id overtake him, then he'd take stupid risks filtering that he'd catch up and go past again. Then id obv want to get shifting on an open stretch of bypass, but he was hogging the road stopping me going past etc etc. it went on for a while.

I thought maybe vespa riders dont like proper bike riders?

I was about ready to punch him in the face for his awkwardness thoigh. I will admit.

So fecking slow aswell. Urgh.

• Like 1

Exactly. I agree mate.

But i still cant understand the vespa bunch. Infact i got soo ****ed off with 1 of them last week. id overtake him, then he'd take stupid risks filtering that he'd catch up and go past again. Then id obv want to get shifting on an open stretch of bypass, but he was hogging the road stopping me going past etc etc. it went on for a while.

I was about ready to punch him in the face for his awkwardness thoigh. I will admit.

Yeah the Vespa gang are still stuck in the mentality of MODS N ROCKERS, except the rockers moved on and the MODS are still NOBS i mean MODS..   

i keep trying to reassure my self that there is fun to be had from poodling around, and then a S1000r pulls out next to me today in work and i remember how fast it go's through that box with the quick shifter. :D

Yeah the Vespa gang are still stuck in the mentality of MODS N ROCKERS, except the rockers moved on and the MODS are still NOBS i mean MODS..

i keep trying to reassure my self that there is fun to be had from poodling around, and then a S1000r pulls out next to me today in work and i remember how fast it go's through that box with the quick shifter. :D

Ahaaa couldnt agree more. Especially with the terminology ;).

Thats the thing is, anyone can go through a box, especially with a quickshifter.

The fun comes overtaking faster bikes, on one thaf isnt considered 'on that level' and running rings round em.

Anyone can buy a fast bike (well nearly). But not everyone has a clue how to ride one.

Me and my previous gf used to often have a ride into York in summer on Tuesday evenings, Park up outside the King's Arms on the river and have a drink. One time we were sat there, my Bandit and her GSXR 750 parked up, when a group of a dozen or so guys turned up on Lambrettas (proper scooter boys always took Lambrettas over Vespas), mostly middle aged, and quite probably mods in their youth. I jokingly said to my gf that we were probably going to have to fight our way out like it was Brighton beach, but they were all perfectly polite, friendly guys, with no chips on any shoulders. They'd all obvious put a lot of time and money into their modified scooters, just the same as many of us do with our bikes, and (as much as I don't understand their choice of preferred two wheeler), I'd consider them more "proper" bike enthusiasts than some clueless numpty who's just done his direct access and bought the latest sportsbike and matching one piece rompers suit because he's having a mid life crisis.

There was a lovely cloud of 2 stroke fumes and some very crisp crackling from their spannies when they left too. Not a sound you hear often these days, sadly.

• Like 1

Exactly. I agree mate.

My uncle has one, had a Aprilia 800 I think but was hard work and got knocked about when parked. Got himself a GTS 250 I think, the thing shifted! He could bomb about filtering easier and nip to shops and carry shopping and that, cheap to run too. The only thing that it was terrible at was highly speeds, it'd do 80-90 flat out I think but anything over the limit it wouldn't be very stable or fun. Being in London that wasn't much of an issue.

No doubt the bloke on the Vespa being a **** would still be a **** on a bike lol

• Like 1

So stumbled across two bikes i like the look of wondering what to do :)

one is 

£5990 and is 56 miles away but it has 8600 miles and has a wings aftermarket exhaust

WbYoJIw.jpg

the other is 

£5895 and is 96 miles away and only has 2206 miles with stock exhaust 

xnGkJm5.jpg

I'm just toying with the idea of is it worth traveling a bit further to get the lower miles bike at a lower price...... I'm thinking yeah.

?