Clutch creep shim kit

Hi guys,

I've got a hybrid fabia with helix Smf yes it's little noisy :D and creeps (a little)

I'm a bit confused does just gearbox shim need added? Or main shaft?.

Basically it creeps a little, but I'm wondering if it'll quieten it down too and be slightly easier to use?

Where do I buy parts if so and part numbers?

Cheers

I've got part numbers at home if no one else replies before I'm hom I'll dig them out.

pretty sure was under £15 for both parts from VAG dealer :)

Have them beside me in the van waiting for me to fit them

WHT-001-976 washer

02M-301-211-B cover

Think it was £8 summat from a skoda tech friend who got them from tps, so not sure if he got a discount or not.

Well the issue in mine was that when i tried to change gear sometimes between first and second it would catch as if the clutch wasnt depressed properly, in addition - when i came up to junctions and wanted to change down to second/first as i slowed down it wouldnt let me, it would lock the gear in place so the only fix was to rev the engine to the poiint the gear would naturally disengage and go from there, also when at junctions every now and again whilst stuck in this gear it would attempt to pull off as you would on the clutch - however this was with the pedal depressed.

Thank's for that, mines sometimes difficult to get into first, I'll get these partsand hope that sorts it, doesn't seem as bad as yours though

It is easy to do yourself? Do you only need some circlip pliers? What was difficult about the circlip ?

I did mine myself and i'm a complete noob with mechanical assembly. 

The only issue for me was getting the circlip out and back in, however i did use an older set of clirclip pliers which werent brilliant. You just pop off the cap, remove the circlip, add the washer and replace the circlip and new cap.

NOTE: Be careful when replacing the cap to only tap it back in around its edge as it will deform if you just hit it in the middle (a friend tried to speed up the process with mine and hit the centre, so i had to remove it and flatten everything back out). 

Not too much of an issue with mine once i replaced it as the car just ate a small section of the cap and hey presto no more scraping noise (it was scraping as you drove until i realised the cap had deformed).

So yeah its pretty easy its just the cap is a little resistant to want to fit properly!

I did mine myself and i'm a complete noob with mechanical assembly. 

The only issue for me was getting the circlip out and back in, however i did use an older set of clirclip pliers which werent brilliant. You just pop off the cap, remove the circlip, add the washer and replace the circlip and new cap.

NOTE: Be careful when replacing the cap to only tap it back in around its edge as it will deform if you just hit it in the middle (a friend tried to speed up the process with mine and hit the centre, so i had to remove it and flatten everything back out). 

Not too much of an issue with mine once i replaced it as the car just ate a small section of the cap and hey presto no more scraping noise (it was scraping as you drove until i realised the cap had deformed).

So yeah its pretty easy its just the cap is a little resistant to want to fit properly!

Brilliant cheers, I will add this to the to-do list!

• Like 1

No this is for converting the vRS Duel Mass Flywheel to a single mass unit there can be problems with the clutch not fully disengaging and the car creeping forwards.

No this is for converting the vRS Duel Mass Flywheel to a single mass unit there can be problems with the clutch not fully disengaging and the car creeping forwards.

Pretty sure this is for any 02m gearbox and has nothing to do with an SMF
  • Like 1