Detailed the Fabia, Before & After Pics

Clarkey666

Well, the apprentice becomes the master! Thanks for taking the time to post buddy. I haven't seen a better finish than that in all honesty!

The camera takes a great picture buddy and really shows the finish off.

You are very welcome on the products and advice front pal. You'll have paid for them in labour when you help me do 'The Titanic '! Haha.

Well done Bro. Great work

• Like 2

Hey Clarkey! It has been a while since you popped round to my place – was that last summer?

Wow – on the detailing effort, what more can I say – absolutely stunning work my friend.

Looks like you put in quite a shift on the old girl – how many hours work start to finish?

An interesting selection of products used on there too; and good write-up;

One of the best we have had on the forum for quite some time it must be said. :rock:

Nice to see Angelwax Desirable on the car btw – one of my favourites in the wax collection.

Primo Amigo is on my list of products to test as well – great results; the gloss levels look immense!

Finally – nice to see some pics from the new camera and I like the new wheels too.

I assume you are well chuffed with the upgrade on both fronts :sun:

I certainly hope we see more threads from you buddy – quality stuff! :yes: 

Cheers,

Ste.

PS: NorthernMonkey gives it a :thumbup:  too BTW; and thanks for the mention! ;) 

• Like 2

Hey Clarkey! It has been a while since you popped round to my place – was that last summer?

Wow – on the detailing effort, what more can I say – absolutely stunning work my friend.

Looks like you put in quite a shift on the old girl – how many hours work start to finish?

An interesting selection of products used on there too; and good write-up;

One of the best we have had on the forum for quite some time it must be said. :rock:

Nice to see Angelwax Desirable on the car btw – one of my favourites in the wax collection.

Primo Amigo is on my list of products to test as well – great results; the gloss levels look immense!

Finally – nice to see some pics from the new camera and I like the new wheels too.

I assume you are well chuffed with the upgrade on both fronts :sun:

I certainly hope we see more threads from you buddy – quality stuff! :yes: 

Cheers,

Ste.

PS: NorthernMonkey gives it a :thumbup:  too BTW; and thanks for the mention! ;) 

Amen Brother!

Prima Amigo is a decent product Ste. It isn't strong on fillers at all; very minor swirl filling ability. But it has a significant darkening effect and leaves and immense gloss. It is a must in a detailing arsenal as it also gives an amazing look on light colours as well, the metallic flake pop it gave on my silver vRS was unbeatable.

I'll sort you a sample if you like?

• Like 1

Amen Brother!

Prima Amigo is a decent product Ste. It isn't strong on fillers at all; very minor swirl filling ability. But it has a significant darkening effect and leaves and immense gloss. It is a must in a detailing arsenal as it also gives an amazing look on light colours as well, the metallic flake pop it gave on my silver vRS was unbeatable.

I'll sort you a sample if you like?

Hey Neil,

That's a very kind offer indeed good sir! I wouldn't mind taking you up on that;

but only if there is something I can send your way in sample form?

Have a think and let me know buddy :thumbup:

Cheers,

Ste.

• Like 1

Thanks folks. Much obliged.

Indeed it was Ste I believe, I still have the BSD sample from you too. Though I've just taken delivery of two 750ml bottles from ECP for the princely sum of £13.98. Bargain. I've applied some to the car over the three layers of Desireable. I have some beading shots to upload actually.

Sure I can facilitate some sample handovers between Ste and Hunty. Seeing Hunty on Sunday and Tuesday and soon have a week off so it might save you boys some postage.

• Like 1

Oh and in total I think I spent about twelve hours on this detail. With swapping wheels, polishing the exhaust, touching up stone chips plus all the machine polishing it soon added up.

That was over three separate days mind. I'm a slow worker when it comes to detailing, but I had the time.

• Like 1

Thanks folks. Much obliged.

Indeed it was Ste I believe, I still have the BSD sample from you too. Though I've just taken delivery of two 750ml bottles from ECP for the princely sum of £13.98. Bargain. I've applied some to the car over the three layers of Desireable. I have some beading shots to upload actually.

Sure I can facilitate some sample handovers between Ste and Hunty. Seeing Hunty on Sunday and Tuesday and soon have a week off so it might save you boys some postage.

Thanks for that Clarkey lad. We will do that then as it'll save us a few quid.

Hey Neil,

That's a very kind offer indeed good sir! I wouldn't mind taking you up on that;

but only if there is something I can send your way in sample form?

Have a think and let me know buddy :thumbup:

Cheers,

Ste.

Thanks Ste. I'm not bothered about anything in return; you dish out plenty of samples on here. It's nice to be able to contribute something back to you pal.

I can't think of anything I need, but if you insist, surprise me with something. Totally not necessary though bud. But thank you!

• Like 1

You've inspired me.  I got out and worked on another section of my own car. No new photos but the near side, front and rear bumper now match the off side for shine

Red cars are ace to shine! http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/361194-newbie-with-hard-waxhmmwelllerrr/

Certainly put me in the mood for a mid-week detail guys!

Got SWMBO's car back from its annual service last night;

then a Definitive Detail...... DW Cora and QD Pro applied.

All looking very shiny once again  :thumbup:

• Like 1

Thanks for that Clarkey lad. We will do that then as it'll save us a few quid.

Thanks Ste. I'm not bothered about anything in return; you dish out plenty of samples on here. It's nice to be able to contribute something back to you pal.

I can't think of anything I need, but if you insist, surprise me with something. Totally not necessary though bud. But thank you!

Very nice - thanks for the offer you guys. Sounds good if we can work something out then.

I'll have a look through the sample bottle selection in the garage and see what's what.

Just thought, if you need anything specific....tyre dressing, QD, shampoo???.... what's not quite ticking the boxes in the current toolkit?

I can suggest one or 2 options perhaps.

• Like 1