Dennis's mk1 Fabia

DennisRU

Hi everyone! I am new to this community and the forums, looking to meet new people & their cars.  :clap:

I recently bought an mk1 fabia mpi, its a 1.4 and very basic 'classic' model. So i am looking to change a few things, mostly cosmetic because imo there is no point modding an 8 valve 1.4 engine. Nothing too expensive, I'm only 18 so money is tight /: 

Here are a few pictures: 

YNQy5.jpgxAhNw.jpgYuovC.jpg

Plans:

Planning on removing the rear fabia badge and the 'classic' badges on both sides.

Pressed plates on both sides.

Skoda wheel centre caps

Leather Skoda vrs steering wheel

Thinking of spray painting the front chrome grill black, not sure yet :\

Removing the mud flaps and thats about it atm 

Anything else you would recommend that I could change? Thanks! :clap:

Edited by DennisRU

remove the side bump strips? I did it on my first polo and it made a massive difference.

try colour coding a few bits like mirrors, front and rear bump strips.

The grill in black would be good too, I personally reckon colour code it to the cars colour :thumbup:

Then LED number plate lights, LED side and interior lights would help with the pressed plates too.

• Like 1

remove the side bump strips? I did it on my first polo and it made a massive difference.

try colour coding a few bits like mirrors, front and rear bump strips.

The grill in black would be good too, I personally reckon colour code it to the cars colour [emoji106]

Then LED number plate lights, LED side and interior lights would help with the pressed plates too.

Oh thanks man, great ideas!

But if I remove the side strips wouldn't there be a hole or is it just glued on.

Edit: don't worry mate, just looked at another thread of something doing it on their vrs. Makes the difference, definitely going to try it

Edited by DennisRU

Glued-on side strips, as with grille and rear badges.

NOTE: rear tailgate gate and front grille badge will have 2 locating holes visible on badge removal.

Wheel centres measurement vary, so you'll need to know the outer and inner diameter.

Any badges look on E-Bay with badges sizes on tap.

Good-luck.

Thought id reply in here instead of clogging that other thread up haha

Sounds like good plans mate, i need to spray my grill black i hate the chrome.

You could always just lower it 40mm with some springs, couldnt see there being any problem with ground clearance with just a 40mm drop

Hmm, lowering 40mm would make a difference but not too much I guess. I would still pay more for good coilovers then some springs that lower a little bit, however I might consider it in the future :) scrape the floor or nothing haha

Will probably be gtting some plasti dip, colour coded paint and badges this weekend.

Thanks for the info

Order part number

6Y0857231B41

From Skoda, or buy off ebay. It is a cheap mod to maky your interior look complete.

Its the little trim that goes above the stereo to fill in the hole that is present.

You're welcome [emoji14]

Thanks man, but I actually found the plastic bit to fit exactly right. It was in the glove box and I didn't even check before buying the car haha

The interior photo is like the first day of owning the car, since then I put the plastic on and removed the stupid led light that was on the ceiling.

I will still keep the part number though, thanks! [emoji3]