I've Broke down - HELP poss boost pipe?

OMP

Just accelerated off an island and heard like a loud chirp and a rush of escaping air, lost all power, car cut out and wont restart...

What could it be? Intercooler pipe? would that make the car cut out and not start?

AA came out and put the obd reader on it and said he has no reading from the crank sensor... He said its getting fuel etc but he unplugged the maf tried to start it and it was spitting the fuel back although it did almost catch a few times.

Didn't know if it might have skipped a tooth?

Yeah, you have one on the top of the inlet manifold which you can easily see.

Then down the left hand side of it just behind the timing belt cover you can see another one, it screw to the right if that helps.

The hardest bit is removing the clip that attaches it to the turbo.

Remove the wheel arch liner and use a pair of mole grips on the clip. Sound like the turbos failed and has completely clogged the air flow. Use you phone to take a picture of he compressor.

If you do it yourself make sure you take all boost pipe work off and clean it out. I use a pressure washer and let them dry. Also if you buy a flexible oil feed stick it to the top of the engine, make sure all manifolds are off and run it for a few minutes, will throw any turbo fragments out the engine.

And new oil filter and oil.

Nah. Change the turbo, will be fine.

Any bits of turbo have probly been chewed up and spat out by now.

If you clean the boost pipes / intercooler and Inlet manifold it will help.

Turbos usually kill engines when the oil seals fail and the oil pours into the engine and it runs away with itself revving off its limiter until it goes bomb.

am I over simplifying things in my head or would any bits of broken turbo have to make their way through the intercooler or oil filter in order to get into the engine? isn't that both fairly unlikely and why you can (typically) clean/replace things and be good to go

Parts of the turbo would/could have been sucked into the engine, quite likely in fact. Wouldn't worry about it much though, like I say, it would have spat it straight back out usually.

Oil / oil filter will still be fine unless it's exploded massively and dropped into the oil return pipe, never seen it myself though.

Yeah iv just blasted all of the boost pipes and intercooler through, lots of the boost maker came out! Time to get a new one! Where is the cheapest place to get a new/recon one? Don't want second hand for it just to go pop again

Xman from here generally is the go to guy, think the cheapest is about £400 I think...

And that's for a pd170 hybrid, so can be fitted as standard and will be stronger than factory.

Best bet is to message him to see what he's got in stock and his prices though.