Rear door lock -random behaviour

Replaced the rear lock with a new part off eBay today.

All is working fine and it locks in line with the others.

However when I lock the car from the inside or through anti-hijack, the lock drops then unlocks itself.

Any ideas? I hope the answer doesn't involve removing the carrier...I've done this twice in 3days now. Lol.

For note, I managed to do the whole job in around 1hr30mins with the door able to open. It took around 5hours the first time when it was deadlocked shut (which was annoying when I finished the job and the lock didn't work from the inside....then I broke it. Lol.)

Nope, a 20ish quid one. Couldn't get next day delivery on any others

Sounds like my eBay one, would lock and bounce back etc, the new eBay ones do it, better with a used bit good unit at that cost tbh

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have used a couple of the £20 ebay ones now and they have been fine, just the mech is a little noisier than an OEM one. Sounds like another issue somewhere............

I have used a couple of the £20 ebay ones now and they have been fine, just the mech is a little noisier than an OEM one. Sounds like another issue somewhere............

Hmm, it all worked fine before it was deadlocked. Although that was a while ago.

Can you send me the link you used to buy please? If your anti-hijack works fine and they are from the same company I'll get a new one sent and do the job for a third time....wonder if I could do it under an hour ...?

I have similar issue with my driver's lock. All locks apart from driver's will work via key fob and have to lock driver's door with key. Just replaced it but still no joy

Edited by snoopdowg