Simpsons PCH Deal.

Sorry Irfan not getting your point above. The advertised terms are £1690 deposit and £215 a month. Where does the Dealers Fee come into that? Cheers.

Hi irfan, just to be clear, I'm not being funny, I just think you have missed my point. Cheers.

Its ok dude i didn't think you were being funny, What i was trying to get at is the advertised figures are not what you actually pay to VWFS, the dealer is paying you some of its profit from the fee they get for delivering the car to you 

Yeah it's now obvious what this deal is about. If it works as it should then customers would see no difference. I think it's just spooked me a bit with others chasing for money for weeks, loss of financial records and even VWFS not collecting monies. I'm hopefully getting my VRS in a couple of weeks and if I'm asked to not knock my deposit off and pay VWFS £2006, whilst putting my faith in the dealer to time their payment, as to not leave me out of pocket, then I'll be very wary based on this thread. Maybe I'm worrying over nothing, as I've said before, there's still a chance my transactions will all be completed without any issue. Here's hoping!

Edited by Skodev

I can now thankfully report that I have today received my outstanding money. It's taken 20 days and been a pain but hopefully now all sorted. VWFS have also taken their first payment of £2006 today.

Still wsiting for my 2nd key but hopefully I can now get on with enjoying the car............

The 'issue' here looks like ordering deposits are being taken (and fair enough, a builder wouldn't start your £25,000 extension without some money upfront). This, when I worked down Prestons was incase you pulled out it would AND DOES cost the dealer £500 to have the car removed from their stock.

The actual problem is that even though most of you have paid an ordering deposit the ACTUAL deposit (part of the agreement with VWFS) needs to be taken by them, which should be 10 days or so after vehicle collection.

The reason I am scratching my head on the money outstanding, why can't a debit card be paid straight back on to? It takes a button monkey 2 minutes, you've then got your money back, the car and all that is left is to await VWFS to take the initial rental - is it rocket science or an I seriously missing something???

Lee, I think some very poor record keeping has occured in what was a very sucessful sales drive and some sales staff have spent more time with customers than with their paperwork during an exceptionally busy period.  Those sales staff have since move on (willing or unwilling we don't know) but, the dealership has been slow/careful is returning deposits in what looks like some very minimal profit sales, you'd have a better idea than most but, I can't see the unit profit figure being very high.

Which, leads me to believe this was some kinda volume sale exercise to hit some target or future orders increase of dealership discount.  Whatever, Simpsons have shifted of lot of units, not kept the paperwork neat and are now counting the cost/profit not that I think they'll let on but, the future use of this sales model will tell us, for sure. 

I truely hope it has worked for them and they learn that the sales staff will require additional support during busy periods, not with cars but, I've worked with busy sales teams and when they are lots of sales flying around for the taking and in those circumstance paperwork not can but, WILL get scruffy.

• Like 1

Lee, I think some very poor record keeping has occured in what was a very sucessful sales drive and some sales staff have spent more time with customers than with their paperwork during an exceptionally busy period.  Those sales staff have since move on (willing or unwilling we don't know) but, the dealership has been slow/careful is returning deposits in what looks like some very minimal profit sales, you'd have a better idea than most but, I can't see the unit profit figure being very high.

Which, leads me to believe this was some kinda volume sale exercise to hit some target or future orders increase of dealership discount.  Whatever, Simpsons have shifted of lot of units, not kept the paperwork neat and are now counting the cost/profit not that I think they'll let on but, the future use of this sales model will tell us, for sure. 

I truely hope it has worked for them and they learn that the sales staff will require additional support during busy periods, not with cars but, I've worked with busy sales teams and when they are lots of sales flying around for the taking and in those circumstance paperwork not can but, WILL get scruffy.

Couldn't agree more with the final comments here, they simply got overwhelmed with the popularity of this deal/offer. When I collected the car, all I saw was row after row of Octavia vRS's and I did think how the hell do they keep up with all these orders. When I spoke to Denis about mine being ready he said we were in the hands of VWFS which said to me, blimey they must be snowed under trying to process all the orders and authorising release of my car took around 4 days when car finance can take as little as 1/2 hour to put through!.

My issue is the advance rental, they have already taken the first monthly payment so I'm keeping to that element of the contract but I have explicitly told VWFS that until Simpson's cough up they ain't getting any advance rental and they were great on the phone and totally understood my situation. 

• 3 weeks later...

I've lost all confidence in Simpsons now. I contacted Skoda UK for an update last week, only to be told that the car was at the dealers.

Spoke to Simpsons who arranged hand over for today: Tuesday 11/08. I made arrangements for child care for the day. Arranged a lift to travel the 2 1/2 hour drive to Colne. Got told yesterday that they're still waiting for VWFS to release the car to me. I rang VWFS who wouldn't speak with me without the car's reg number. Re-contacted Simpsons only to be told they hadn't allocated a reg yet.

I can't remember ever dealing with a company who I have had to chase as much as them.