soundproofing in bonnet

sorry....Just answering question.

D1965, don't appologise, you are the treadstarter and it is not really OT. Electric handbrake and bonnet struts and other gadgets are.

You asked if bonnet silencer could reduce brake noise and I think that is within your own topic: soundproof of bonnet..... I would call it BACK ON TRACK.

• Like 1

D1965, don't appologise, you are the treadstarter and it is not really OT. Electric handbrake and bonnet struts and other gadgets are.

You asked if bonnet silencer could reduce brake noise and I think that is within your own topic: soundproof of bonnet..... I would call it BACK ON TRACK.

Thank you for your support your right  it was not Off topic.

• Like 1

I wasn't commenting on any specific post, and certainly not those of the original poster, just the direction it was going - away from D1965's original and second questions, before fatzy and D1965 rightly brought it back.

Just trying to bring order out of chaos...

and staying firmly on track, D1965, IMHO your brakes shouldn't be making any noticeable noise, with or without under-bonnet soundproofing.

I'd never regard what you describe as normal, certainly if you can hear it above the general noise of a car in motion and stopping.

Might be worth checking if you have a friendly local garage.

I cant say Ive noticed any noise from the brakes. Ive got 1,8TSI, and no sound soundproofing in the bonnet.

If it is kind if a scraping, Check the brakes for gravel or something. Had a small rock stuck in brakes of my Mondeo, it made a low scraping noise. Only noticeable in low speeds.

Edited by Gromle

No problem,i have taken the car back to the dealers just after i bought it.Explained the problem took the technician out in it and he heard it.

The front wheels where taken off discs & brakes checked and he said it was the friction between the pads & discs making the noise?.

Another person had also reported this but it was on a citigo.

I really don't know in what direction i can go regarding this it's not very noisy but it's something that i can hear.

D1965, that's still not right. They shouldn't be making a really noticeable noise. Get the dealer to take you out in a couple of other motors - see if they have the noise. I bet they don't.

The discs are not rusty,the noise happens all the time when braking it's the last few yards until stopping, it's a similar noise to my previous car and any other car when it had been washed and you get noise from braking due to maybe moisture on the discs.

Like you say Flyinggecko i need to try out other cars from the dealers.

Thanks for your comments.

http://www.skodaparts.com/product/octavia-bonnet-insulation-2014-2017-50884

I have one of these ones for sale, bought it to fit to my VRS but changed my mind, brand new in the unopened packaging complete with all the clips etc.

I paid £35 inc postage.

£30 inc postage.

Sold

I bought some silent coat on eBay, stuck some on the boot floor and some under the bonnet. Think i paid £17 for 10 sheets about A4 size nearly.  Those in the boot seem to have reduced the thumping noise from roads expansion gaps (not the boom, I don't have that) . the under bonnet ones.... Well they make the bonnet slightly cooler to touch but you couldn't hear the engine anyway so no noise reduction really.

Less soundproofing equals less weight equals more speed and could also use less fuel?

It's a win win.

even better, when the wifes sitting in the passenger seat nattering away, yea  canny hear a word she's saying   :happy:

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Just had my car made dent free due to hailstone damage and the dent removal man noticed that there is no soundproofing under the bonnet.

Should they be,

My car is 1.4 tsi ?.

My MY16 1.2TSI SE has sound proofing under the bonnet. Maybe they've recently introduced it?