What deals have people got - discounts, pcp, pch

For anyone thinking about ordering from coast2coast, as of September 1st their discounted price will be reduced by 2%.... so a loaded £35K car will cost approx. £700 more

Are there any lease deals out there that allow mega mileage?. All these SE Business deals out there based on 10K per year seem great, but as a taxi/ airport transfer business, my mileage is more likely to be 40k+ a year. The highest mileage I've seen through Skoda is 30K per year, and that's no good to me because I would get hammered on the excess mileage when it's time to hand the car back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I know it's been asked before (but not answered) - has anyone here actually ordered a car from, for example, Coast to Coast? And if so what was the experience like?

Not yet....

Change that to a YES,

OK it’s very early days but so far the communication has been spot on  :thumbup:

Are there any lease deals out there that allow mega mileage?. All these SE Business deals out there based on 10K per year seem great, but as a taxi/ airport transfer business, my mileage is more likely to be 40k+ a year. The highest mileage I've seen through Skoda is 30K per year, and that's no good to me because I would get hammered on the excess mileage when it's time to hand the car back.

Maybe ask Freedom Contracts. We got ours from there and went for 15,000 miles per annum. We're likely to do about 17-18k each year but as the excess is fairly low, won't be too bad. If you don't include maintenance we were quoted 7.2p per excess mile, or 12.2p if we got maintenance included in the lease cost (an extra £24 a month for servicing and tyres).

On the website they're quoting 3+23 as £800 up front and £267 per month. If the excess mileage is as low as 7.2p a mile, then 10,000 excess miles is only an extra £720 at the lease end (sounds a lot but works out at £30 per month over the length of the lease).

• Like 1

Maybe ask Freedom Contracts. We got ours from there and went for 15,000 miles per annum. We're likely to do about 17-18k each year but as the excess is fairly low, won't be too bad. If you don't include maintenance we were quoted 7.2p per excess mile, or 12.2p if we got maintenance included in the lease cost (an extra £24 a month for servicing and tyres).

On the website they're quoting 3+23 as £800 up front and £267 per month. If the excess mileage is as low as 7.2p a mile, then 10,000 excess miles is only an extra £720 at the lease end (sounds a lot but works out at £30 per month over the length of the lease).

Sorry should have said that deal is for 20,000 miles per annum.

PCH deals at Simpsons. £199 for an SE business hatch 150bhp derv with dsg on 8000 miles per year. £1490 deposit over 23 months. Also got quoted £290 per month with £1490 deposit for a SE l exec estate with dsg over 2 years or £225 for an SE business estate with dsg and Pegasus alloys both 10k miles per year. Did say they dont normally take a car in as part of the deal but said they would be keen to have my black line. All look like pretty good deals to me.

• Like 1

Hi all, I've just ordered a Superb estate 150 SE Business from Simpsons (and then read the problem thread on here about them!)

£1490 deposit/first payment, £179 per month x 23 months and 10k miles per annum.

I hope all goes smoothly when it comes to collecting it.

Currently trying to find information about the size of the boot space (LxWxH) as we mainly got the car for the dogs and I need to order a crate that fits...any info greatly appreciated!

For anyone thinking about ordering from coast2coast, as of September 1st their discounted price will be reduced by 2%.... so a loaded £35K car will cost approx. £700 more

Yep that's what I was told too.

Had a drive in a Superb at the local dealer yesterday.

Showed them the price I'd been offered and said they've got until 9:30 tomorrow to beat coast2coast's price, if they do I'll order one with them sometime this week, if not I'm ordering from c2c tomorrow.

For reference, the OTR price from Skoda is £33,500 - same spec via c2c is £26,500 (all to nearest £50). That's £7k off, or about 21%.

I'll be impressed if my local dealer can do me a similar deal.

That's £7k off, or about 21%.

I'll be impressed if my local dealer can do me a similar deal.

One of my local dealers who initially were offering 14% via carwow then changed the deal to just 2% off (which meant a whole £700!) I showed them the coast2coast quote and they said they couldn’t even offer their original 14% anymore (I assume they had met their target for this ¼?).

I didn’t even bother asking the other 2 dealers to quote me as they are doing so well they do not need to call customers back  :think:

One of my local dealers who initially were offering 14% via carwow then changed the deal to just 2% off (which meant a whole £700!) I showed them the coast2coast quote and they said they couldn’t even offer their original 14% anymore (I assume they had met their target for this ¼?).

I didn’t even bother asking the other 2 dealers to quote me as they are doing so well they do not need to call customers back  :think:

We'll see tomorrow - local dealer haven't rejected it outright yet  :)

One way or another, should be placing an order with someone this week!

• Like 1

Well, local dealer couldn't come near the c2c price.

Trying to get c2c order in this morning, to get the higher discount if poss.

Had a close bereavement a few days ago, and with funeral directors appointments etc this morning, Gordon and Val at c2c are trying their very best to rush the order through quickly this morning. We might not get it in time, but I can't fault their service, it's erm, superb.

Even if we don't get the order in this morning, the slightly higher price will still be a long way cheaper than the best offer from my local dealer.

The reduction in c2c's discount is only minor, even if I didn't make the midday cutoff (not sure yet), their revised price is still way below the best offer I got direct from any dealers direct.

The deed is done, car has been ordered through coast2coast. They've been very helpful and communicative so far.

Were you in time for the extra 2% discount?

Congratulations......any indication of roughly how long?, hope you dont mind me asking but for the discount do you need finance or can you pay cash? also how much was the deposit?

coast2coast told me 12 weeks (last week)

They only do finance, no cash deal is available... BUT an awful lot of people are paying the lot off in one go, all this costs is 2 months interest (estimated to be around £400 in total).

I was told most of the time they do not ask for a deposit.

I realise that I should be asking the question from Simpsons or any other skoda dealer doing PCH, but I have already sent too many emails to them. On a PCH deal can you overpay the initial deposit to reduce the mostly cost? I know the deal I previously posted was about £1500, but to get past the wife I want to pay a slightly bigger deposit to get the monthly payments down.

Edited by jamiemad
  • Like 1

I realise that I should be asking the question from Simpsons or any other skoda dealer doing PCH, but I have already sent too many emails to them. On a PCH deal can you overpay the initial deposit to reduce the mostly cost? I know the deal I previously posted was about £1500, but to get past the wife I want to pay a slightly bigger deposit to get the monthly payments down.

Usually you can. The company we went through had three levels of deposit, equivalent to 3 months, 6 months and 9 months payments. The higher the deposit, the lower the monthly payments. In total, the three deals were only a couple of hundred pounds different.

I thought that the way it worked with finance was that one could say, having placed the order, that you don't want it any more and that, under EU law, they had to allow it without penalty. That was the case about a year ago when I was talking to Audi main dealers - they grudgingly admitted that was the case, and one of them was pretty upfront and enthusiastic about that wheeze.

I think most members have been talking PCH where the P is personal not business hence the lower mileages

The problem you have is that if you are doing extra 2000 miles per month then at say 10p per mile it's another £200 each month although it would be charged as a lump sum at end (eg £4800 for 24 mths)

If yours is a high mileage business then might be better to get best discount then finance as a loan separately using the Internet to find the most suitable loan at cheapest interest (effectively do HP style where you are buying it). A 3 year old car with 120k miles isn't going to be wort much and lease companies know it so will hammer you.

In your situation you need to work backwards from the end in 2 or 3 years when car is next being changed, estimate the residual value or excess fees, and only then work out the total cost over the period. Then simply divide by the number of months you have the car to give a monthly equivalent. This is the opposite of the way the deals are advertised (which is to make them look good on day1)

• Like 2