What deals have people got - discounts, pcp, pch

• 2 months later...

Hi,

Went to our local dealer for a Superb L&K estate 190 (with skoda tow bar & sunroof ) on producing a quote from Orangewheels i was told if i bought from them ( orangewheels ) they ( the dealer ) would not service it as their workshop was too busy ! We did haggle and got something off but not £7000 ! however we have been with this dealer for12 years and they have bent over backwards to help us ( lent the demo car for a month as our Audi car was off the road getting gearbox sorted )  so we will see, dealer did say that he was over his allocation this month on the Superb.

Hi,

Went to our local dealer for a Superb L&K estate 190 (with skoda tow bar & sunroof ) on producing a quote from Orangewheels i was told if i bought from them ( orangewheels ) they ( the dealer ) would not service it as their workshop was too busy ! We did haggle and got something off but not £7000 ! however we have been with this dealer for12 years and they have bent over backwards to help us ( lent the demo car for a month as our Audi car was off the road getting gearbox sorted )  so we will see, dealer did say that he was over his allocation this month on the Superb.

Any dealer who 'threatens' to treat a customer differently if they don't buy a vehicle from them doesn't deserve the business in my opinion. I'd be seeing what the dealer principal thinks of such a ridiculous statement.

If you feel that you 'owe' the dealer anything then you need a reality check. Dealer loyalty is an out of date concept. It's a buyer's market. If they don't want your trade for servicing or otherwise then take your business elsewhere... 

Also, the whole 'over his allocation' comment is a load of rubbish. I'd love to know which dealer this was?!

Edited by Pete T
  • Like 4

Any dealer who 'threatens' to treat a customer differently if they don't buy a vehicle from them doesn't deserve the business in my opinion. I'd be seeing what the dealer principal thinks of such a ridiculous statement.

If you feel that you 'owe' the dealer anything then you need a reality check. Dealer loyalty is an out of date concept. It's a buyer's market. If they don't want your trade for servicing or otherwise then take your business elsewhere... 

Also, the whole 'over his allocation' comment is a load of rubbish. I'd love to know which dealer this was?!

near Chester

Edited by david 1220

Has anyone got any thoughts on what discounts might be in the next quarter, 1st Jan - 31 Mar

Skoda seem to update the finance offers in 3 months blocks, and presumably it will be signed off before Christmas ready to go live on 1st Jan.   That means the 20% fall in November sales must be a factor

I was thinking :

PCP to continue, maybe down to 0% like other models in range, now newness has worn off

Deposit contribution continuing at £2000 (but may go down to £1000 if PCP rate falls to zero%)

Free servicing (has been done before, but probably wont include Superb)

Loyalty bonus £1000 seems to run to end Jan anyway, guess this will be on top of standard finance offer

Warranty extension,  think this is a long shot but maybe free 4th or 5th years (as others like Renault and Toyota are now also 4-5 years)

VAT free.  Can't see this coming back unless some of these other offers are axed

Free Fuel :  Have seen this in the past, but I think it is much more likely to be a headline grabber 1 week special offer if it happens

Free upgrades : in my view unlikely, but it could be a variation of deposit contribution where you can pick £x of options

Colour concept : Having seen some of colours on the CZ configurator (there is separate thread on this) would be a nice free add-on, but I think the chaps in Milton Keynes UK office prefer to be boring (which is why majority of range is various shades of grey)

Petrol models offer, currently seem to be running an offer on the yeti where there is a £750 extra contribution on petrol version, could this get rolled out to other models

Anyone else got any thoughts on why might happen, maybe someone has already been tipped off so they know what demos to buy and could drop a few hints

Hi, I have my new 2016 model on order for early Feb, I ordered the Elegance Hatchback with a couple of toys, nothing major and Supernova wheels, dealer price £27k got my mine for under £22k by buying from a discount car web site buyanewcaronline.co.uk.

It is UK spec will be delivered from a Skoda dealer and have all the warranties and road side assistance included, well worth a try.

Hi, I have my new 2016 model on order for early Feb, I ordered the Elegance Hatchback with a couple of toys, nothing major and Supernova wheels, dealer price £27k got my mine for under £22k by buying from a discount car web site buyanewcaronline.co.uk.

It is UK spec will be delivered from a Skoda dealer and have all the warranties and road side assistance included, well worth a try.

I think you're talking about a Series 2 rather than a new Series 3.

interestingly they don't have Superb listed on their website at the moment.  Elegance spec is only on the mk2....

SKODA SUPERB DIESEL HATCHBACK 2.0 TDI CR SE L Executive 5dr 

Including the following options:

• Body Glass - Rear wiper (£0)
  • Carpets/Rugs - Front/rear floor mats (£80)
  • Communication - Bluetooth Telephone preparation (£0)
  • Driver Aids - Rear parking sensor (£0)
  • Driver Information - Maxi dot trip computer (£0)
  • Exterior Lights - Light assistant (coming home/tunnel light) (£0)
  • Heating/Cooling/Ventilation - Dual zone air conditioning (£0)
  • Interior Features - Leather upholstery (£0)
  • Interior Features - Virtual pedal for boot opening (£150)
  • Paint - Metallic - Metallic - Quartz grey (£535)
  • Seats - Electric driver's seat with memory (£0)
  • Seats - Heated rear seats (£200)
  • Security - Keyless entry and start (£400)
  • Trim - Leather - Leather - Black (£0)
  • Wheels - Alloy - 18" Zenith alloy wheels (£0)
  • Heating/Cooling/Ventilation - Tri zone climate control (£300)
  • Paint - Metallic - Metallic - Business grey (£535)
  • Seats - Height adjustable passenger seat (£0)
  • Wheels - Alloy - 19" Phoenix alloy wheels (£650)

Apologies to all I gave you the wrong spec, what it should say is

• Like 1

Has anyone got any thoughts on what discounts might be in the next quarter, 1st Jan - 31 Mar

Skoda seem to update the finance offers in 3 months blocks, and presumably it will be signed off before Christmas ready to go live on 1st Jan.   That means the 20% fall in November sales must be a factor

I was thinking :

PCP to continue, maybe down to 0% like other models in range, now newness has worn off

Deposit contribution continuing at £2000 (but may go down to £1000 if PCP rate falls to zero%)

Free servicing (has been done before, but probably wont include Superb)

Loyalty bonus £1000 seems to run to end Jan anyway, guess this will be on top of standard finance offer

Warranty extension,  think this is a long shot but maybe free 4th or 5th years (as others like Renault and Toyota are now also 4-5 years)

VAT free.  Can't see this coming back unless some of these other offers are axed

Free Fuel :  Have seen this in the past, but I think it is much more likely to be a headline grabber 1 week special offer if it happens

Free upgrades : in my view unlikely, but it could be a variation of deposit contribution where you can pick £x of options

Colour concept : Having seen some of colours on the CZ configurator (there is separate thread on this) would be a nice free add-on, but I think the chaps in Milton Keynes UK office prefer to be boring (which is why majority of range is various shades of grey)

Petrol models offer, currently seem to be running an offer on the yeti where there is a £750 extra contribution on petrol version, could this get rolled out to other models

Anyone else got any thoughts on why might happen, maybe someone has already been tipped off so they know what demos to buy and could drop a few hints

John, What is the £1000 loyalty bonus

John, What is the £1000 loyalty bonus

I think it is a Skoda led thing but seems to be pitched by a number of dealers. Basically as long as you already have at least one Skoda, at the end of the buying negotiation, you show them a V5 and get an extra discount for being an existing Skoda owner. I think it came about due to trying to retain customers following the emissions problems.

My local dealer emailed me about it, but don't think it is every dealer.

SKODA SUPERB DIESEL HATCHBACK 2.0 TDI CR SE L Executive 5dr 

Including the following options:

• Body Glass - Rear wiper (£0)
  • Carpets/Rugs - Front/rear floor mats (£80)
  • Communication - Bluetooth Telephone preparation (£0)
  • Driver Aids - Rear parking sensor (£0)
  • Driver Information - Maxi dot trip computer (£0)
  • Exterior Lights - Light assistant (coming home/tunnel light) (£0)
  • Heating/Cooling/Ventilation - Dual zone air conditioning (£0)
  • Interior Features - Leather upholstery (£0)
  • Interior Features - Virtual pedal for boot opening (£150)
  • Paint - Metallic - Metallic - Quartz grey (£535)
  • Seats - Electric driver's seat with memory (£0)
  • Seats - Heated rear seats (£200)
  • Security - Keyless entry and start (£400)
  • Trim - Leather - Leather - Black (£0)
  • Wheels - Alloy - 18" Zenith alloy wheels (£0)
  • Heating/Cooling/Ventilation - Tri zone climate control (£300)
  • Paint - Metallic - Metallic - Business grey (£535)
  • Seats - Height adjustable passenger seat (£0)
  • Wheels - Alloy - 19" Phoenix alloy wheels (£650)

Apologies to all I gave you the wrong spec, what it should say is

​You have listed metallic paint --- twice !

• 5 weeks later...

Has anyone used NEW CAR DISCOUNT for a purchase, they offer 23/4 %, first reg, delivery etc. Seems very good. Are they trustworthy, after all, even after a discount of circa £5000, £25000 is still a lot to " gamble " with. Thanks

Has anyone used NEW CAR DISCOUNT for a purchase, they offer 23/4 %, first reg, delivery etc. Seems very good. Are they trustworthy, after all, even after a discount of circa £5000, £25000 is still a lot to " gamble " with. Thanks

My car was purchased from newcardiscount.

You pay the £500 deposit with your credit card. legally that makes the credit card company liable for the full value of the car if something goes wrong with the transaction. That was enough for me to feel safe.

The buying process was completely smooth and any email queries have had immediate replies. They are there when you phone too.

They do offer good discounts but I think the discounts were even greater when I bought mine :) .

More on NCD in this thread - http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/370722-broker-purchasing-experiences/page-2

Edited by RobertP

I think it is a Skoda led thing but seems to be pitched by a number of dealers. Basically as long as you already have at least one Skoda, at the end of the buying negotiation, you show them a V5 and get an extra discount for being an existing Skoda owner. I think it came about due to trying to retain customers following the emissions problems.

My local dealer emailed me about it, but don't think it is every dealer.

It should be every dealer, the offer is coming off Skoda not individual dealerships.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It should be every dealer, the offer is coming off Skoda not individual dealerships.

I PCH'd my SE business through skoda financial services. The deal was skoda led and available at all skoda dealerships. Skoda confirmed this to me. Despite this my two nearest dealerships refused to supply the car at the advertised deal (both part of the same group). They stated that they would just get a small vehicle supply fee and wouldn't be worth it for them. Needless to say I went elsewhere.

I PCH'd my SE business through skoda financial services. The deal was skoda led and available at all skoda dealerships. Skoda confirmed this to me. Despite this my two nearest dealerships refused to supply the car at the advertised deal (both part of the same group). They stated that they would just get a small vehicle supply fee and wouldn't be worth it for them. Needless to say I went elsewhere.

Interesting. I think I would have been having a chat to the dealer principle and Skoda UK, if that had been me.

Interesting. I think I would have been having a chat to the dealer principle and Skoda UK, if that had been me. quote]

easier for me to vote with my feet. The supplying dealer couldn't have been more helpful in the end (apart from a few issues with them delaying registration till Dec). Ultimately all dealers are a business, they don't have to sell anyone a car I guess if they don't think it'll make a profit

Edited by Bugginbob