500+mile tank range possible in Citigo?

Citigouk

Some very 'sensible' driving today and miles covered + range = 505. It's going to be close ...

Standby for the next thrilling instalment tomorrow!

I reckon your range will drop off very quickly to make it look like you can't make it. Even when your range says 0 there will still be fuel in the tank. My last tank was pants, got under 400 miles as I was doing lots of short trips

Today's update - 325 miles covered so far with 180 miles range showing. Unfortunately living out in the sticks there aren't petrol Stns every half mile or so. I commute 22 miles each way and pass just 2 petrol stations, but one of them only seems to be open 9-5!

Interesting to read this thread, we had our Citigo Elegance 75 for 18 months from new as my wife's car, and made 500 miles on a tank a few times when on long runs. Citigo went 1st Sept for a Toyota GT86, so fuel economy not the main focus! Still have my Octavia though, and likely will replace with similar next year.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2 days without an update - you lot must be on tenterhooks!

Range has dropped 100 miles down to 80 but I have only covered 88 miles! I wouldn't be so unhappy but on 2 of my 22 mile commutes I averaged 62mpg and on the other 2 it was in excess of 70mpg. That said, I reckon there is at least a gallon and a half in the tank (based on the woefully inaccurate fuel gauge!) so 87 miles might still be achievable. We shall see.

FAIL!

I'm down to 20 miles range with "only" 462 miles completed so doubt we shall see 500 miles on this tank. I've decided to drive 'normally' for the next tank and to see what difference in makes - is it 100 miles per tank or 30-40?

Interestingly, the range has dropped from 180 to 20 having completed some 135 miles, despite averaging over 65mpg during this period according to the PID. 

Range dropped to zero and I refuelled 3 miles later with 474 miles covered.

Coming home this evening I drove normally and achieved 65mpg compared to the 72/73 I achieved when driving economically. So not a huge difference.

Drove to work and back today 'normally' and averaged 4-5mph faster for the loss of only 2-3mpg; still managed over 70mpg on the way home. This 'economy' stuff, and the gear change indicator, are just pants!

• Like 1

I'm having to drive the hilly way home at the moment due to insane roadworks, this is killing my fuel economy and the lack of power is starting to get on my tits. I'm now struggling to get over 400 miles to a tank! 

I'm having to drive the hilly way home at the moment due to insane roadworks, this is killing my fuel economy and the lack of power is starting to get on my tits. I'm now struggling to get over 400 miles to a tank! 

That's what revs were invented for!

I find it difficult to behave with such a willing revving engine. Worst on a 200 mile run has been 49mpg average. Not pushed for time this morning I got 66mpg maintaining between 60 and 80 over the same 200 miles so happy with that. Never have measured what I get to a tankful as I usually fill up when the needle is vertical as it seems to rush down past this point. It does seem to have freed up a lot since June but it does have nearly 9k on it now. 

• 2 weeks later...

OK, after a couple of tanks 'enjoying' the Citigo I am back on the '500 mile' trail. And it's going well. Range is currently showing as 460 miles with 104 miles already covered and the needle hasn't moved off 'Full' yet.  I'll be honest, I am driving like a granny, speed is kept between 40 and 50 mph on my 23 mile commute with a few 30 mph villages to go through. Only a couple of junctions to negotiate so I don't get stuck in traffic very often. And it's half-term so there i no school traffic on the road. Lets see how this goes.

• Like 2

Think the most I ever got was around 460 miles!! Whilst my Fiesta Ecoboost the most I have achieved is slightly less 440 I think, thats 35L vs I think 42L although the Ecoboost hasnt won Engine of the year for no reason!! Such a lush engine, and in the citigo I would love to see that!!

Edited by Elegance75

Think the most I ever got was around 460 miles!! Whilst my Fiesta Ecoboost the most I have achieved is slightly less 440 I think, thats 35L vs I think 42L although the Ecoboost hasnt won Engine of the year for no reason!! Such a lush engine, and in the citigo I would love to see that!!

I am currently being tempted by the New Fiesta Zetec S with the 140bhp 1-litre engine, seems to be everything I want in a car and the Red edition looks fab too.

I am currently being tempted by the New Fiesta Zetec S with the 140bhp 1-litre engine, seems to be everything I want in a car and the Red edition looks fab too.

Mate at work as 1 of those, looks great, he likes it, although like most in press have said the infotainment can be a right pain in the rear, the thing I miss about VAG models and their touchscreen systems, My Fiesta went in for repair end of last beginning of this (2months) Enterprise after giving me a corsa I upgraded to a new shape Seat Leon and the touch screen system is years ahead of what is in current Fiesta.

Apologies for going off topic!!

• Like 1

Back on topic, I've been driving like a granny but am losing the miles covered + range = more than 500 miles despite regularly setting 65+ mpg on the PID. Gauge showing over half a tank left and I will hit 300 miles covered on way to work tomorrow. I reckon it will be another close one.

Miles covered + range = 505 miles at present. Into the second half of the tank where range usually drops like a stone compared to miles actually covered so not hopeful of a 500 mile tank. Again.  :'(