Scout off road mode upgrade?

In order for me to find out where in the coding of the ABS/ESP the driving profile for off road mode can be enabled, i really need someone with a 135KW/184HP Scout with DSG to give me your 03-ABS long coding.

Ok Trundle, really appreciate helping out so far, thank you! Unfortunately though I need someone with dsg and a 184hp engine. There are just too many coding differences between the 150hp and manual in the ABS module. I also need the coding for the dsg and the engine of a 184 with off-road mode.

Ok Trundle, really appreciate helping out so far, thank you! Unfortunately though I need someone with dsg and a 184hp engine. There are just too many coding differences between the 150hp and manual in the ABS module. I also need the coding for the dsg and the engine of a 184 with off-road mode.

What you are saying, is that I need to get my arse over to Trundlenut's so he can scan my Scout184DSG?

Probably with beer for him in payment for VCDS tinkering...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

OK all, just an update on this as i am a little stuck. Some of the controlling of the driving profile (modes) are in the CAN controller, rather than the CENTRAL ELECTRICS. if anyone can help, i need someone with offroad mode to send me the long coding for the CAN controller. Specifically from the bytes where the driving profile appear (i think its byte 11??). Apologies this is taking so long, i dont have a car with offroad mode accessible.

OK all, just an update on this as i am a little stuck. Some of the controlling of the driving profile (modes) are in the CAN controller, rather than the CENTRAL ELECTRICS. if anyone can help, i need someone with offroad mode to send me the long coding for the CAN controller. Specifically from the bytes where the driving profile appear (i think its byte 11??). Apologies this is taking so long, i dont have a car with offroad mode accessible.

I can sort this for you later.

Sorry, forgot about this.  Here is the relevant section from the autoscan:

Address 19: CAN Gateway (J533)       Labels: 5Q0-907-530-V1.clb
   Part No SW: 5Q0 907 530 AF    HW: 5Q0 907 530 F
   Component: GW MQB High   128 1223  
   Revision: --------    Serial number: 0003470112
   Coding: 030100040F087300EB002248080F00010001050000000000000000000000
   Shop #: WSC 73430 790 00000
   ASAM Dataset: EV_GatewLear 013020
   ROD: EV_GatewLear.rod
   VCID: 75EBA3B7D4A42CEA8B-8020

Alternator: 

Multi Function Steering Wheel Control Module: 
   Subsystem 2 - Part No SW: 3V0 919 719 A    HW: 3V0 919 719 A
   Component: E221__MFL-PR6  H02 0150 
   Serial number: 000000000A1040140515

Battery Monitoring Control Module: 
   Subsystem 3 - Part No SW: 5Q0 915 181 F    HW: 5Q0 915 181 F
   Component: J367-BDM  H08 0223 
   Serial number: 62139411144291043938

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

For those waiting, i still havent been able to get someone with a similar car but with off road mode to send me an autoscan and adaptation channel map for me. So no real news. If you know anyone with VCDS and a 135kw (180hp) DSG Scout MY2016 who has VCDS, please point them in this direction!

I really should do my duty and take my car to Trudlenut for you shouldn't I.

That is, if you are free Trudlenut?

I'm busy for the next few weeks. Is February any use to you?

I really should do my duty and take my car to Trudlenut for you shouldn't I.

That is, if you are free Trudlenut?

I'm busy for the next few weeks. Is February any use to you?

I'm around most of the time, just let me know when you're free.

Jono and Trundle, you guys are going above and beyond, thank you so much. The closest i have been able to hopefully look at in a few weeks is a new Passat Alltrack. Much easier if its a Scout.

• 9 months later...

Resurrecting this in the hope that we may be able to activate as some have now on the Kodiak.

Requesting anyone with VCDS and a TDI DSG Scout WITH off road mode only (so i can make the direct comparison) to send me the long coding of their 19 CAN Gateway and 03 ABS.

From here i'm hoping i might be able to crack this. All this time I've been looking in 09 Central Electrics, but i think it may be in the Gateway...

15 hours ago, daljames said:

Resurrecting this in the hope that we may be able to activate as some have now on the Kodiak.

Requesting anyone with VCDS and a TDI DSG Scout WITH off road mode only (so i can make the direct comparison) to send me the long coding of their 19 CAN Gateway and 03 ABS.

From here i'm hoping i might be able to crack this. All this time I've been looking in 09 Central Electrics, but i think it may be in the Gateway...

I'm subscribing to this thread as well :-)

I am living in Italy, I have a my2015 Scout (DSG, diesel 184cv) and I may test any outstanding parameter we may find useful. My data are reported here : http://forums.ross-tech.com/showthread.php?12112-Hill-Descent-Control-(Offroad-mode)-Skoda-Octavia-Scout-my2015 (i suspect solution may be found in module 3, 19 or 5F parameters)

If Trundelnut and Jeeves may eventually help on obtaining an offroad-enabled Scout map...would be great!

Edited by halfmillion

I've got an important update :-)

As I've seen in another topic from Marcone (this one: Kodiaq offroad retrofit ) that he was able to activate Offroad mode in module 3 (ABS) by changing a single bit (+1024 in byte 24, so bit 3 on)....

I've been trying to compare my ABS 3 map with a Golf Alltrack map....

..then I realized the Alltrack ABS map had ONE MORE byte at the end (30 instead of 29)...

...so I realized that my byte 23, compared to the Alltrack map, was missing exactly the byte 23, bit 3...

This is the outcome (I used obd11 as I was at the office, without my pc):

Before the change (SYSTEM NOT AVAILABLE): before.thumb.JPG.b1605b7029177ae28d6ac22f9e8a936a.JPG

After the change (system AVAILABLE!after.thumb.JPG.404aa03b6b4ff8f4caf2cabf5487a88a.JPG

This is a good step! It is clearly not enough, however, as I have now to find a way to "make visibile" in the graphic menu available when the "mode" button is pressed the additional "offroad" profile.

Does somebody wants to help?

(In a nutshell: modification to make available the hill descent mode is: MODULE 3 ABS, BYTE (total number of available bytes - 6), BIT 3=1)

Edited by halfmillion

• 6 months later...

Hello!

I'm from sweden and have quite recently picked up a 2018 Skoda Octavia TDI150 DSG7 4X4.

I'm also looking to activate the offroad-mode, especially since i ordered this car with the offroad suspension, making it exactly as high of the ground as a Scout.

I have the offroad menu where i can se lean angles and stuff like that, but although i have Drive Select i don't have the offroad option there.

I realize this thread has been dormant for some time now, so i just wanted to check if anybody has actually made any progress on this subject?

If it would help, i have VCDS and could scan my car and post my findings here!

Cheers!

3 hours ago, Gurfen said:

I realize this thread has been dormant for some time now, so i just wanted to check if anybody has actually made any progress on this subject?

If it would help, i have VCDS and could scan my car and post my findings here!

Cheers!

Hi Gurfen!

As i wrote in the previous posts, I was apparently able to switch my descent control from "not available" to "available" by charging the specified byte in the ABS module. I could not complete the change as I did not see in the driving mode page on the internal screen the added mode (i.e. selection from either individual/sport/economy/normal to those four+Offroad), so the only way to get it working was to manually add a physical button (which I did not do, I prefer electronic changes as I do not have experience in manually patching the car electric system...)

I you want to check if you get more lucky I would propose you:

- make a VCDS map (including adaptation channels!) of 5F (radio) and 03 (ABS) modules

- try to read actual car values (I also have VCDS, in my example I used Obdeleven)

- try to modify byte 24 as said before

- read again the actual car parameters and/or check in module 5F (as your car is newer) if you can have the driving mode page to make available as a choice also the "off road" mode. If not, you may try to temporary change the behavior of one of the existing physical buttons near the gear shift (i do not have that setting in my MIB1 radio, you should be luckier....)

- and then report everything here so that we may eventually benefit from your outcome, or help you in case it will not work this way.

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I am a new owner of a scout 4x4 DSG 184 hp.
By commercial error I do not include the off road mode (or driving mode).
I would like to know if there is any update on this topic, if it can be carried out in a more or less simple way and those who have achieved that such a result

Thank you very much for your comments.
Greetings

• 5 months later...

Same as Vet76, I've recently bought a 2nd hand 2015 135TDi Scout and am curious about whether this progressed any further.

Similarly, I'm interested about the menu showing the leaning & tilt angles.