pikmPXZ.png

dS4Lqpa.png

EWQbVhV.png

KVc7GbG.png

dvsgZUi.png

5JNXlOz.png

And clean again

Y8DhEMm.png

Flash garage, or car parked in the lounge/office?

YYysJhU.png

v8gUmhm.png

84E88s0.png

q6E12g0.png

Using the ur as a daily has been going well. It's driving nicely, and seems to be doing okay on fuel usage too.

It's pretty practical especially since adding the roof rack.

It has been very hot here over Christmas so the lack of aircon makes it a sometimes sweaty driving experience but it's kinda nice to go back to old-school windows-down driving.

I've had no real issues but a few new trim rattles and squeaks have surfaced. I'm getting a slight suspension knock again so need to look at that. Warm starting can sometimes be a little tricky and it often catches then runs really lumpy for a few seconds as though one or two cylinders aren't firing.

I'm on the hunt for some smaller wheels as I can't help feeling that on these country driveways and potholed roads that the 18s are shaking my car apart. I'd love a set of nice 16s but so far all I can find that are the correct fitment are coming in at 4-5 grand for a set and I just can's justify that right now with a newly built house to finish off.

The cheapest, most sensible option is refurb the 15s and run wrongly-sized tyres so I'll pursue that when local businesses re-open after the break.

Possibly related to this, possibly not is that I have developed cracks in my bodywork!

This is very worrying and I will get it sorted ASAP.

Sunroof on the driver side where it was cut for rust repairs

L9pDx4g.jpg

Driver side, back of door sill

HYOyus1.jpg

Happy New Year Rob, great that your move is completed now - that's real RD country, no problem with noisy neighbours eh? Is that a bach on your property too?

• Love it! 1

44 minutes ago, Lady Elanore said:

Hope your car is feeling better soon. Nice pad, I hope my room and the Kiwi sanctuary have been sorted /cdn-cgi/mirage/0ba0494d989ba7e9492c103bcb25e87fcb3282f652f9f142214b6e2437632297/1280/https://www.briskoda.net/forums/uploads/emoticons/emoticon-0100-smile.gif

Of course!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Warrior193 said:

Happy New Year Rob, great that your move is completed now - that's real RD country, no problem with noisy neighbours eh? Is that a bach on your property too?

We can barely even see the neighbours!

The bach and river access are next door on my sister in law’s property.

It’s a stunning place and it’s still sinking in that we actually live here.

• Love it! 1

• 2 weeks later...

Suspension started knocking again so I pulled the top mount. Bit loose but not super bad but as I carried on to get the strut out I realised the shock was wobbling. Thought I’d broken the shock but it was the silver nut that holds the insert in place. It’d started unscrewing itself, about 3-4 turns!
Now done up to FT.

Talked to a bodyshop about the cracks - estimate $1k for the roof, $500-1k per side for sills as "They might be a can of worms"

EhoCI0O.png
1yn6hoj.png
pn8fDEW.png
MNa9xri.png
y7KeYgJ.png
SHYEdLs.png
JJAdkXK.png
LALuzzs.png

• Like 2

Swapped the hazards switch. Turns out I had a spare. It has been clicking the indicator relay but only when hot from the sun and with the engine running. Hoping this sorts it. The other one didn’t light the red light so it has fixed something!
Also took the opportunity to put felt tape around the dash cowl which I hope will cure some rattles.

oHWETYz.png
hmUyzqO.png
EbTOofp.png

6 hours ago, RobClubley said:

I don't understand the question? 

6 hours ago, Lady Elanore said:

I think Ken was referencing the window reflections on the side of the car

Exactly so Lady E; they are almost exactly the same colour as NATO formation marker lights on aircraft, known as slime lights for the colour.

• Love it! 1

• 2 weeks later...

Remember the issue I have with the random relay clicking when the car has been in hot sun? I tried changing the hazards switch - no joy, went to Supercheap and bought a $65 relay that didn't work - super fast flashing. Took that back, went to Repco cos I was passing this morning and bought a Narva ($45) relay that says it can cope with standard or LED bulbs (I have a mix). This one works perfectly, and is completely silent when flashing. I am going to change the front indicators back to incandescent bulbs though - have ordered some silvered ones so I don't get the fried-egg look on my white lenses. LEDs seemed like a good idea when in project mode but in reality they're just not as good.

6zyYbNt.png

• Like 1

This has been irritating me for a little while. The hardboard had started to deteriorate with age and the metal clips didn’t grip it properly. Tried a couple of things to strengthen and glue it together and painted the inside to stabilise the material. Also re fitted the clips on the window wiper seal. Much better.

nZDJOym.png

iuuMPU5.png
TrnWkf1.png
DbSe30l.png
5ibJhD5.png
vs81tDx.png

Edited by RobClubley
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Lady Elanore said:

I did like the 5 spokes 😞 

Me too.  Think I preferred them :thinking: 

(Shhh, don't tell Rob)

G

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RobClubley said:

I like both but I can confirm 3 inches makes the ride quite different.

Said the actress to the Bishop, ooo-errrr! 🤣