Sump change

Can anyone help me?

My Mrs managed to put a hole in her sump today and I've taken the sump off but there's a piece of plastic which I beleive is to guide the oil (unsure) the clips have broken off, do I need this or would it not be a problem?

Number 23, it's a large piece of plastic, aka a sump baffle I think.

If it's what I think it is, it's designed to stop oil splashing about and going back up hitting cylinders, pistons and crankshaft.

Yes that I will do but I wanted to find out how important it was as we needed the car for Monday....

It depends how vigorously the oil splashes about without it. Best case your MPG and power will be a little down through dragging oil all over the crank and big ends etc. Worst case is if it has anything to do with pooling the oil in the vicinity of the pick-up. Just check the oil level and drive it gently until you can fit a new one.

Can't you find alternative transport short term?

Would seem a little backwards to clean up the sump reseal (remember the sealer has a curing time of around 12 hours anyhow) only to strip it all down again to fit the tray.