Rear quarter window

Sadly that is the only way to go if you want the same (replacement) - the chrome finish is electro-somthing-or-other applied to the plastic trim.

Otherwise, you could get the trim 'dipped' or 'coated' or simply paint them a color of choice. One of the threads in the 'Superb Projects' features this. I'll see if I can dig it out.

Edited to add: Here you go - http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/314532-black-36-v6-estate/

Dave

Sadly that is the only way to go if you want the same (replacement) - the chrome finish is electro-somthing-or-other applied to the plastic trim.

Otherwise, you could get the trim 'dipped' or 'coated' or simply paint them a color of choice. One of the threads in the 'Superb Projects' features this. I'll see if I can dig it out.

Edited to add: Here you go - http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/314532-black-36-v6-estate/

Dave

Thanx for info. Really lets car down as it is

anyone got problems with the trim around the rear quarter window on mk11superb any way of cleaning

Looks like plastic coated chrome

Common issue and has come up on these threads a few times.  Is it still under warranty?

Given the numbers of people this does affect, we're really lucky that our 2011 Superb doesn't show any signs of this. Could just be a matter of time though I guess. Pretty poor quality control from their supplier it seems sl SUK really should replace under warranty, even if it is cosmetic; this isn't a "consumable" so should last the lifetime of the car....

I tried to get it swapped out under warranty at the same time that they replaced the front and rear badges.

They replaced the badges, but they said that the chrome window surround had become tarnished due to external influences (ie they said that I was using the wrong car shampoo).

I couldn't be bothered to argue with them, as I only ever noticed it when I was washing the car anyway.

I tried to get it swapped out under warranty at the same time that they replaced the front and rear badges.

They replaced the badges, but they said that the chrome window surround had become tarnished due to external influences (ie they said that I was using the wrong car shampoo).

I couldn't be bothered to argue with them, as I only ever noticed it when I was washing the car anyway.

'External influences'.....how many times have Skoda tried to fob us off with that one...!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

External influences = flocks of pigeons pooping on your chrome trim and rubbing it in with their wingtips. 

'Wrong shampoo' = Use Head and Shoulders

Its all in the small print you know  :angel:

• Like 1