gtb2260 build fabia vrs

fergy

Is the vnt lever the same?

No the leaver looks longer to make it pull on a better angle more of an 90 degree I should av took pictures, when I coupled the vacuum to them I could get the leaver to hit the stop screw on the new turbo but on the old turbo I could never get it to reach the stop screw because of the angle of the lever

Interesting build and good read thanks.

I notice you are cutting the downpipe, did the Profidiesel downpipe not align properly?

Downpipes a good fit he just tacked the flange on as he couldn't predict where it needed to be happy with it tbh good quality
  • Like 1

My original gtb2260 was never hitting the stop screw so that might be the reason ,it looked a total different design on the new turbo unless the higher blades on the billet wheel help it build boost

It'll be interesting to see some logs to see what in comes in like compared to other people's standard 2260's.

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-2-5-quot-Mini-HID-Bi-xenon-Projector-lens-Kit-Headlight-Bulb-Shroud-H1-UK-Stock-/261598102796?txnId=1727915170016 that' the projectors I got I didn't get pictures pretty easy to do just separate the the glass from the headlight warm it up with a heat gun and it pulls away pretty easy then ur projectors just screw in place

Where is the side light now?

• 1 month later...

bit of an update fitted some 42 designs shifter bushes today made the gears alot tighter more precise and fitted a mk4 golf n75 valve as my old vaccuum box was buzzing and causing some boost issues still need to fit some head bolts and my injectors

20160213_140307_zps2s3tfml1.jpg

All I did was solder pins 5 and 3 to the plug of the n75 valve from a mk4 golf but just twist them togather first to make sure it work then I just just solderd them and used some heatshrink around the wire where the join is pretty much all I did I disconnected the vacuum ball aswell noticed no difference in running hope that helps :)

Edited by fergy

bit of an update got a good deal on some 312mm ap 4 pots of an ibiza and helix smf paddle clutch going to get the disk repadded before it goes in though

20160228_123519_zps8hww83ro.jpg

20160228_123537_zpsm9fl53hm.jpg

Just read through all of this. Nice work so far pal, coming along nicely. What kinda figures are you expecting from it?

Be ready to build up your left leg muscles lol. I love my paddle clutch, takes a abuse all day long. Is it a 4 paddle one?

its 6 paddle thinking of getting cg motorsports to repad it am hoping to crack 300bhp but il be getting a cam sooner or later though, want to try a keep smoke levels down but il be doing all the mapping myself so il just keep going untill the smoke starts dont want a smoke machine

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

no posted in a while but heres a log of the boost curve of a gtb2262vk still mapping it at the moment its not finished but its an idea of how a hybrid spools

boost_zpsvkkaezxz.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

il be doing all the mapping myself 

What software are you using to do the mapping? do you have access to professional stuff or using a free one?

Just curious as I have been looking into this sort of stuff, Thanks

What software are you using to do the mapping? do you have access to professional stuff or using a free one?

Just curious as I have been looking into this sort of stuff, Thanks

just a mpps off ebay and use winols to modify the file

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply, I looked at Winols but thought the paid for version was needed to actually modify/save the maps rather than the test version, could be wrong as I found their website pretty hard to navigate!

after looking at cams for quite a bit decided to get a dbilas 280° 10.5mm lift new cam off them hoping this will allow me to break 300bhp

20160923_163651_zpsc8pxfdc5.jpg

Are you going to fitting stronger double springs for the valves with this camshaft? And do you know if it's cut from a chilled cast blank or steel blank? Will be interesting to see how this pans out.