Fabia 2 monte resr disc conversion

You will need pair off a fabia 2 vrs, everything bolts up, brake pipes fit from the drum beam, you will need the complete beam with the steel brake pipes up to the beam flexis. If you need any info how to do it let me know and I'll help as best as I can

You will need pair off a fabia 2 vrs, everything bolts up, brake pipes fit from the drum beam, you will need the complete beam with the steel brake pipes up to the beam flexis. If you need any info how to do it let me know and I'll help as best as I can

Tidy thanks ive got a large shopping list to go through recently lol

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well that's it brake upgrade done, 312mm on the front now and it stops so much better and looks like it should do in my opinion. Rear discs and bigger front brakes that fill the wheels properly

I'm glad I optioned esp... it gave me not only the esp system but discs on the arse-end too! If I remember rightly, it was not too expensive an option too as they do it right from build! Just a few hundred quid and you know its gonna be working properly. (Not a Monty, by the way, just a Greenline. Reading this out of interest).

Edited by mrgf

I'm glad I optioned esp... it gave me not only the esp system but discs on the arse-end too! If I remember rightly, it was not too expensive an option too as they do it right from build! Just a few hundred quid and you know its gonna be working properly. (Not a Monty, by the way, just a Greenline. Reading this out of interest).

Rear discs were only standard on vRS and Greenline Fabia models which were sold in the UK.

ESP didn't add rear discs to a model that came with rear drum brakes. My ex opted for a ESP on her 2011 1.6TD (105) SE plus but that still came with rear drum brakes.

Somebody else can confirm this but I believe in some countries the Monte Carlo did come with rear discs as standard though.

• Like 1

Mine is an 09 Greenline, not the later Greenline 2 from the facelift. The early ones did indeed come with rear drums as standard, EPS being an option that changed them to discs along the way! I know as I optioned it from build.

• 6 months later...

Mighty Car Mods have produce a video on doing a drum brake to disc brake conversion.

So this should give an idea what is involved fitting discs to a Fabia.

Edited by AJR77

• 1 year later...

Resurrecting the thread, I have seen a couple of montes in France over the past couple of weeks, white and red. All have the black plastic door strips which I don't like but the rear disks which I do. Seems odd uk cars have the drums as standard?? 

MkII's that is.

Edited by mgcvk

On some options, it will be up to each individual sales territory official importer to specify which options get fitted to which model variants, and also which factory customer options will be available.  Also, the local conditions, ie ambient temperatures and topography will influence their decisions as well as impact on sales.

It is purely aesthetic I suppose. Disks just look smarter with gappy alloys. Maybe it is incentive for the uk enthusiast to go vrs? My drums are painted black at mo which I know won't last. If the wheels ever get powder coated then will get drums done black. Quite fancy wheels in gold.;)