The Superb III Picture thread

1 hour ago, SwissRob said:

Hi JR RS - looks nice! 

In the first picture, the red reflection makes it look like it is coloured, tricking me until I looked further...  :D

Chrome and black - very nice. Where did you get the badges?

All the best, Rob

lol - the red reflection is off my wife's red mazda3.

I got them from China.  Apparently the Chinese Superbs come with these badges.  

I wasn't sure how they'd look - but i'm very pleased.

they look nice :)

although I don't like where they position it - see picture below.  I much prefer where I put it.

5a25123131363_SuperbSideBadge.JPG.cc5f03a247774623d1451bd68ea765d7.JPG

• Like 1

Just realised I should have put my picture on this section.

Ordered 28th September and she turned up in today, it's and L&K 280 estate DSG with 19" anthracite wheels. Front/back sensors and a few other bits.

Only driven for 20 mins so far but loved it, replaces an Audi A6 Avant ultra  black line edition I got 4 years ago.

Cheaper , better engine and better specced that my Audi so not missing at all .

MVIMG_20171208_143220.jpg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Sw1 said:

Just realised I should have put my picture on this section.

Ordered 28th September and she turned up in today, it's and L&K 280 estate DSG with 19" anthracite wheels. Front/back sensors and a few other bits.

Only driven for 20 mins so far but loved it, replaces an Audi A6 Avant ultra  black line edition I got 4 years ago.

Cheaper , better engine and better specced that my Audi so not missing at all .

MVIMG_20171208_143220.jpg

Congrats! She's a beauty and new it's probably half the price of a brand new A6. How do ride quality compare on the two. Did you spec adaptive dampers?

16 minutes ago, Crassus said:

Congrats! She's a beauty and new it's probably half the price of a brand new A6. How do ride quality compare on the two. Did you spec adaptive dampers?

Thanks @Crassus, ride quality is really good. The car came specced with DCC as standard as it's an L&K.

You can really tell the difference between comfort and sport in the ride.

The Audi was a very well put together car and was very comfortable without dampers, it also had 20s and still wasn't too bad. It was a very nice car with a very good engine. The 190 bhp ultra diesel engine is very good.

My regret with the Audi is I didn't go for the 3 litre quattro version. If I had you were looking at a 56k car. I started to have a fair bit go wrong with it and didn't fancy it out of warranty. Dropped value massively also.

It cost me 36k after a 10k discount on a factory order.  In contrast the list on the Skoda was 40k and paid £32k for a factory order with a far higher general spec.

There are also a lot of shared parts inside I have noticed, pic of the Audi below. It was a nice looking car .. I definitely don't consider the Skoda a downgrade, best large estate in the market with the power available. RS4 too small and RS6 too expensive.

IMG_0893.JPG

Edited by Sw1
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Sw1 said:

Thanks @Crassus, ride quality is really good. The car came specced with DCC as standard as it's an L&K.

You can really tell the difference between comfort and sport in the ride.

The Audi was a very well put together car and was very comfortable without dampers, it also had 20s and still wasn't too bad. It was a very nice car with a very good engine. The 190 bhp ultra diesel engine is very good.

My regret with the Audi is I didn't go for the 3 litre quattro version. If I had you were looking at a 56k car. I started to have a fair bit go wrong with it and didn't fancy it out of warranty. Dropped value massively also.

It cost me 36k after a 10k discount on a factory order.  In contrast the list on the Skoda was 40k and paid £32k for a factory order with a far higher general spec.

There are also a lot of shared parts inside I have noticed, pic of the Audi below. It was a nice looking car .. I definitely don't consider the Skoda a downgrade, best large estate in the market with the power available. RS4 too small and RS6 too expensive.

That's a lovely looking A6 you had, and the RS6 alloys adds to its sharpness. Great that you got money off list price. Aggressive PCP deals and barge loads of pre-reg cars make new ones depreciate harder than before. So the more you can off list price, the better. I didn't know you can score such big discounts on factory orders. How did you manage that for both cars?

The Superb isn't a downgrade at all. It's a fantastic car and is cannibalising Passat and A6 sales. Audi's are fantastic but the badge premium over a Skoda is very high unless you go for the big engines that are unavailable to Skodas. 

34 minutes ago, Crassus said:

That's a lovely looking A6 you had, and the RS6 alloys adds to its sharpness. Great that you got money off list price. Aggressive PCP deals and barge loads of pre-reg cars make new ones depreciate harder than before. So the more you can off list price, the better. I didn't know you can score such big discounts on factory orders. How did you manage that for both cars?

The Superb isn't a downgrade at all. It's a fantastic car and is cannibalising Passat and A6 sales. Audi's are fantastic but the badge premium over a Skoda is very high unless you go for the big engines that are unavailable to Skodas. 

The A6 was the black edition that came with 20" wheels, I also went a bit crazy on the spec.

Fully agreed on the perceived quality. I've owned several top spec BMWs and Audi's over the years.

The only difference you will find are some slightly higher materials down the sides on the inside on the Audi. Still, day to day do you actually care that the bit near  your bottom of your leg is leather...

To get big discounts use brokers , I never buy direct from my local dealerships , always give them the chance to compete though...

I've used drivethedeal, carwow (10k discount on the Audi, factory order to my direct)

Carzu I used for the Skoda and got just shy of 8k discount, once again factory order to my spec. Makes depreciation seem less painful.

On 10/22/2017 at 10:02, SwissRob said:

Those rims are drop dead gorgeous!  I love them!  

Glenn, I have a question: how did you get your rims approved for the Superb 3? 

Here in Switzerland we have to take it to the local authority's vehicle inspection depot ("Strassenverkehrsamt") and they conduct tests to ensure that at full lock with suspension compression the tyres do not rub on the wheel housing, or the wheel arches (or worse!). Did you have to have the wheel arches widened? Did you have an official inspection and approval? I ask because the wheels 'disappear' into the wheel arches, so would expect interference on full lock.

Here, once it has been inspected and no problems found, you get an additional entry in your vehicle registration document for your new wheels. I did this for my Ford Cougar and for my wife' s Renault Clio 2.0 litre. What is the procedure in Sweden?  All the best, Rob

3 hours ago, TomR88 said:

new mudflaps fitted. Still needs a good clean. but not with 5 inches of snow outside!!! (pics from yesterday)

20171209_134614_resized_zpshqnpwam3.jpg

20171209_134538_resized_zpsfuk0hx9h.jpg

Cool, hope your enjoying it. Nice colour and spec

MY18 Skoda Superb Sportline 206TSI 4X4

Moon White W/ sunroof and everything else. :biggrin:

Just picked it up on Tuesday, hanging to get the first 1000km's out the road so I can go for a real spirited drive.

IMG_20171216_174459.jpg

• Like 4

4 hours ago, bbuchan8 said:

MY18 Skoda Superb Sportline 206TSI 4X4

Moon White W/ sunroof and everything else. :biggrin:

Just picked it up on Tuesday, hanging to get the first 1000km's out the road so I can go for a real spirited drive.

IMG_20171216_174459.jpg

Very nice looking superb, hope you enjoy

• 2 weeks later...