The Superb III Picture thread

6 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

The problem is a diesel engine needs to be driven under load to warm up (or maintain normal operating temperature) I bet after an hour or two of ticking over the heat they put out would be minimal, of course the heated seat on maximum will help you keep warm though :thumbup:

My Mondeo diesel heater always blows warm on tick over even after 10 mins running time, can't comment on my superb I don't get it until Tuesday will let you know :biggrin:

Edited by stecon29

21 hours ago, facet edge said:

This cold weather brings up the question, would you like to be stuck in a motorway queue for hours with an electric car?

How long would the battery last keeping the car warm?

there is a guy on you tuber called tesla Bjorn who drives his tesla in Norway (and I mean he really drives it to the extreme ) he recently slept overnight in -36 with the tesla in "camp mode" which keeps the heater on all night   it used about 13 kilometres  per hour.  his  model x has a theoretical range of 400km +   so in a tesla at least they would be fine for quite a while it would seem.

Edited by speedy2

On 02/03/2018 at 19:16, edwards said:

Excellent. I only have to get to Murrays out near Plymstock anyway thank god. 

Looking forward to it now....

Less than 24 hours to go now mate and weather here (and in Plymouth)  looking good with temp. now in double figures.   Have a safe trip tomorrow .

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Boxerdog1 said:

Less than 24 hours to go now mate and weather here (and in Plymouth)  looking good with temp. now in double figures.   Have a safe trip tomorrow .

Thanks mate. Pick up is 1pm so you'll probably hear the screams as I put me foot down from yours :-)

• Like 1

I'm having a strange reaction to the top two 'copper' versions. I think it's positive, but I'm not sure. I think I like it.

Unsure about the more Fanta-esque versions at the bottom.

17 hours ago, CoolC said:

This looks fantastic. Such a shame we don't get the full range of colour choices over here.

+1.  That with the black trim of a Sportline would make my special place tingle. 

On 04/03/2018 at 21:24, edwards said:

Thanks mate. Pick up is 1pm so you'll probably hear the screams as I put me foot down from yours :-)

@edwards what news of the new car?   Have you collected yet?  

Talk about building the suspense :biggrin:

12 minutes ago, penguin17 said:

+1.  That with the black trim of a Sportline would make my special place tingle. 

Yes. I have a Sportline on order now. If I had the choice it would definitely have been that colour. 

2 minutes ago, CoolC said:

Yes. I have a Sportline on order now. If I had the choice it would definitely have been that colour. 

Ditto.  I've took a punt on Meteor Grey.  What colour have you gone for? 

26 minutes ago, penguin17 said:

@edwards what news of the new car?   Have you collected yet?  

Talk about building the suspense :biggrin:

Sorry, not intentional :) after a 7h journey down thanks to an overturned lorry full of soft drinks on the M4, 2h in the dealership and then 4.5h home I was to knackered to do anything other than go to bed!

Car is lovely and goes like stink even when trying to be sensible 'running in' and keeping below 4500rpm. It appears to be exactly what we wanted, and effortless long-legged cruiser. More twisty stuff will have to wait until Easter when (hopefully) it'll be run in and we'll be back in east cornwall on holiday.

The only minor fly in the ointment is that one of the rear heated seat lower pads isn't heating up and the switch trips out after about 90secs and won't come back on until ignition re-start. I'm sure Murrays will deal with it for us no problem and I suppose its a pretty 'first world problem' type of issue.

This is of my once shiny car after 230 miles home in the rain and muck (the weird perspective is because my drive slopes at about 1 in 10 down to the garage):

New car home.JPG

Edited by edwards
  • Like 4

19 minutes ago, penguin17 said:

Ditto.  I've took a punt on Meteor Grey.  What colour have you gone for? 

Black. Toyed with Meteor but dilly-dallied and had to get the order in.

I'll be interested to see what Meteor looks like in the flesh. It's always hard to judge with the configurator.

Edited by CoolC
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, edwards said:

Sorry, not intentional :) after a 7h journey down thanks to an overturned lorry full of soft drinks on the M4, 2h in the dealership and then 4.5h home I was to knackered to do anything other than go to bed!

Car is lovely and goes like stink even when trying to be sensible 'running in' and keeping below 4500rpm. It appears to be exactly what we wanted, and effortless long-legged cruiser. More twisty stuff will have to wait until Easter when (hopefully) it'll be run in and we'll be back in east cornwall on holiday.

The only minor fly in the ointment is that one of the rear heated seat lower pads isn't heating up and the switch trips out after about 90secs and won't come back on until ignition re-start. I'm sure Murrays will deal with it for us no problem and I suppose its a pretty 'first world problem' type of issue.

This is of my once shiny car after 230 miles home in the rain and muck (the weird perspective is because my drive slopes at about 1 in 10 down to the garage):

New car home.JPG

Yeah crappy luck that you've waited all this time and you get the worst weather we've had in years come collection week!  

Shame about the fault but hopefully the dealer will sort you out.  Sounds like you're pleased so far; worth the wait ? 

The car looks really nice, I'm chuffed you finally got it :)

33 minutes ago, penguin17 said:

Shame about the fault but hopefully the dealer will sort you out.  Sounds like you're pleased so far; worth the wait ? 

I'm delighted with it. Well worth the wait, although it'll be a while before I get full value out of it as I've a fair bit of new stuff to learn and unlearn after 25 years of manual cars..

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, edwards said:

I'm delighted with it. Well worth the wait, although it'll be a while before I get full value out of it as I've a fair bit of new stuff to learn and unlearn after 25 years of manual cars..

Most important thing is to keep that left foot tucked away out of use at all times !! :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, edwards said:

Indeed.  I often get out of my wife's Fiesta and leave the keys in the ignition.  Damn you KESSY!!

Well hope you many happy miles together.   Spare a thought for those of us that are waiting until June for theirs :D

• Like 1

8 hours ago, penguin17 said:

Good news on the fault front - I took a handful of brave pills earlier and hoicked out the rear seat pad of my day-old car....laying there under the seat was an unconnected plug on one side.

Plugged it in and hey presto! working seat and happy daughter with a hot bum. 

I'm sure Murrays would have sorted me out as they have been excellent, and its not their fault at all, but it was bugging me and I feel much better about it now it is all fixed.

Just got to get up to the 600 mile mark now before I nudge it over the 4500 rpm and really see what it can do :)

• Like 2

On ‎06‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 19:51, GaSelle said:

Would have thought there would’ve been more photos,  now we’ve passed 1st of March?

Getting mine tomorrow :-) Photos to follow.

Had end of lease inspection on the 2L 150bhp SE Business combi today (2 years old and 74000 miles) and it's being collected and replaced with a 2L 150bhp SE Tech DSG hatch which should have about 75 miles on the clock when it's delivered to the office tomorrow morning.