Parking sensors fault, all sensors emit clicking noise 2005 MK2

Hi all, first time poster! 

Owned my 05 mk2 octavia elegance nearly a year now, picked it up from auction and its been such a treat! 

I have the dreaded faulty reverse sensors issue that seems to be common, HOWEVER, after reading other topics on here I have put my ear to each sensor and all 4 sensors emit the clicking noise so one would assume they therefore are all fully functional? 

Ive had a look over the control unit located on the wheel arch and nothing seems visually out of order, no loose cables etc. Also if this was at fault would the sensors still emit a beep?

Very very oddly once or twice to my surprise the system did kick in and the sensors activated, the radio screen displayed the associated parking display and the sensors functioned as normal. this is just a rare odd once or twice out of what must be hundreds of reverses over this past year. 

Initially when I got the car, engaging reverse would emit a long beep presumably indicating a fault. This past month however, there is no noise at all, nothing on radio screen, reverse engages, reverse lights come on, sensors still emit the clicking sound each but absolutely no noises or anything on display. 

fuses in dash fuse box are fine. 

Anyone any suggestions what to do ? 

Sorry to hi jack this thread but my Octavia sensors were working fine, then I joined this forum and they decided to not display any car and emit a long beep. Strangely now they are working fine, picture of car, beeping, little bars when I get close to other cars......really weird :mmm:

Like Bazzer I've had a lack of display on my screen when selecting reverse. Works fine normally but if the radio has been on then there is no display. Beeps still work though.

Switching the radio (or music) off doen't make it work but if I switch the engine off and on again it works fine.

Dealer was unable to find a fault but I guess they just plugged in the diagnostics and it doesn't show up.

I had /have that problem, with mine it seems to be rain related. Last winter mine hardly worked at all during the wet weather, this summer it has mostly been ok. It also affects my radio reception as well. Also,somehow I have water getting into the boot, but I'm blowed if I can find out where its getting in.

I think things are going to get a bit muddled if we all post different sensor problems on one post. Someone who's got the long error tone beep is gonna have a different issue to someone whos just not seeing the on screen display to someone whos got nothing happening at all lol May be best starting new topics! Best of luck, Im still yet to pull my B pillar apart 

I think things are going to get a bit muddled if we all post different sensor problems on one post. Someone who's got the long error tone beep is gonna have a different issue to someone whos just not seeing the on screen display to someone whos got nothing happening at all lol May be best starting new e problemstopics! Best of luck, Im still yet to pull my B pillar apart 

Very true, I have had all the problems, long beep, no on screen display,very quick on screen display, nothing at all,working a treat, I am doing nothing to it now, if it wants to work then it can, if it doesn't want to then don't bother, I have better things to do then muck around with that.....Poxy Car .Rant over :devil:

• 1 year later...

Hi sorry if I'm in wrong place, I have 2005 Octavia petrol got EPC warning light and engine light done diagnostic got fault for crankshaft sensor position p3210 so I replaced it still not turning over it just cranks, RPM is ever so slightly moving and red oil pressure light beeps. Can someone please help me, I can't get it going. No fun walking miles to kids school in the rain. Thank you

Gerd1916 - you need to start a new topic with an appropriate related title,  to have a reasonable chance of response, people who may know how to help will not be looking for a crankshaft sensor fault in an historic and unrelated thread about parking sensors!