Rear leak continues - is this fixed in new Fabias?

maffwilson

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both my rear doors were leaking (04) and had to go to the dealer twice. They said they drilled larger drainage holes in the doors as the standard are not big enough when you get a large amount of water around the door. It hasn't leaked since and that was over 6 months ago.

:confused: If they drill holes in the bottom of the door won't that start to rust ? I have took our fabia twice into the dealers to have the door carriers fixed, when it was out of warrenty I resealed the frames myself with some "Tiger seal" which hopefully I can prise apart if I have to go back in there ! :cool:

today was rain i went on a highway abou 1 hour and when i opened the rear passanger door,the carpet was little bit wet and i saw little bit water on the vinyl on the side under the doors?

am i leaking,or not,,,

how can i find out if yes or no???

please help me

my v/RS is 2005 october

today was rain i went on a highway abou 1 hour and when i opened the rear passanger door' date='the carpet was little bit wet and i saw little bit water on the vinyl on the side under the doors?

am i leaking,or not,,,

how can i find out if yes or no???

please help me

my v/RS is 2005 october[/quote']

same problems as me, so yes at a guess, sorry.

I had this problem on my '05 plate vRS. I fixed it by buying a car that didnt leak...:)

Oh and to the chap who had the holes enlarged on the underside of his door, I do hope the dealer then re-painted the area around the holes, what with rust an' all...:eek:

The sky originally, falls as rain, runs down the window into the door. Whilst waiting to drain out of the bottom the level builds up in the door. An insufficent seal at the bottom of the carrier means that this water leaks out of the bottom, over the sill and into the footwell.

55 plate Fabia vrs, Taking the car in for both rear doors cards being socked though. I just got told its a comman problem. Are there any other common problems going to happen?? Ive had the brakes and now leaking doors what next?? So from reading on hear the dealer is going to put a new seal on and does this work 1st time??? As iam getting sick and tierd of my saturdays being takin up buy not having a car. It wouldnt be so bad but being 20 iam not aloud to have a courtesy car even though, iam insured to drive any other when my car is beign serviced,mot or fixed.

55 plate Fabia vrs, Taking the car in for both rear doors cards being socked though. I just got told its a comman problem. Are there any other common problems going to happen?? Ive had the brakes and now leaking doors what next?? So from reading on hear the dealer is going to put a new seal on and does this work 1st time??? As iam getting sick and tierd of my saturdays being takin up buy not having a car. It wouldnt be so bad but being 20 iam not aloud to have a courtesy car even though, iam insured to drive any other when my car is beign serviced,mot or fixed.

Mine has just had both seals done - await some rain to test so should find out soon!!!

Things to look for

Fuel flap

Rattles

Seats Fraying

Wack sommon problems in to here!!!

Another problem is the desire brought on to mod the car thanks to Briskoda!!

I have 06 fabia and my both rear doors leak and right front door also.

While couple of you guys have chanced the seal in the carrier i`m thinking of just putting some silicone or something simular stuff in to the carrier edges to seal it perfectly, what do you think, would that work?

I haven`t had look under the door card so that im not sure that can it be done, but wouldn`t it be much easier then taking the carriers off...?

Mine has just had both seals done - await some rain to test so should find out soon!!!

Things to look for

Fuel flap

Rattles

Seats Fraying

Wack sommon problems in to here!!!

Another problem is the desire brought on to mod the car thanks to Briskoda!!

The desire has cost me about a grand so far, i knew it was a bad idea joining the Skoda forum. I guess theres more happy & unhappy days to come with the furby :thumbup:

Trust me I have tried silicone. Trouble is as the carrier still leaks as it gets under the silicone and prevents it from sealing properly.

The only method I have sucessfully cured this fault with is the one in the 'How To'.

I dont really mind any car having problems etc but what winds me up is all these "common" faults they dont keep the common replacement parts in stock, i waited 2 weeks for a rear switch what a joke!!