Snetterton 300 - Full Open Pit Lane Day - £80 (Nov 9th)

BossFox

Cold, wet, windy, well it is November I suppose we shouldn't have expected anything less! Had pinned my hopes on the forecast and even the rainfall radar a few hours before and low and behind, a band of rain appears and stuck over most of Norfolk. Managed some dry laps up till 1030 then things started to get a bit wetter, such a shame, loads of people coming off! Left at lunchtime... Nice to meet Richard, sorry I didnt speak to anyone else, unlikely anyone would know who I was!

• Like 1

Cold, wet, windy, well it is November I suppose we shouldn't have expected anything less! Had pinned my hopes on the forecast and even the rainfall radar a few hours before and low and behind, a band of rain appears and stuck over most of Norfolk. Managed some dry laps up till 1030 then things started to get a bit wetter, such a shame, loads of people coming off! Left at lunchtime... Nice to meet Richard, sorry I didnt speak to anyone else, unlikely anyone would know who I was!

Same can be said for us all until we say hi. :)

It was a good day didn't think my car would run well and it didn't disappoint.. by not running at all again. Too much too soon is the adage and it will get better very soon.

I left not even knowing who I was any more...

Editing video, or trying to then I'll get that up, then photos. No video of crash though.

Also I got it down to 18.8 MPG

True, although I would of felt awkward saying, 'Hi, I'm Gareth, I used to have an Octavia VRS but I don't anymore and now drive a Ford' #skodaposse 

Oh we wouldn't have been that hard on you.....much! :D Mk1, Mk2 or Mk3 Octavia? Must be the first one else they'll be serious Ford bashing next time you come to a track day. ;)

At the end of the day we are all "car" fans, brands don't matter so much especially not to disrespect someone for what they drive. :)

Alright, forget the video for now, Not going to wait forever for it to upload, I'll do it when I get home.

Photos:

IMG_0046_zpsezdw4zpo.jpg

IMG_0047_zpsxo8leifz.jpg

IMG_0049_zpsmcmqqetl.jpg

IMG_0051_zpsbyr6v7no.jpg

Bad point: It's all broken.

Good point: The bonnet doesn't touch the headlight on that side any more.

Bad point: The light shines about 6 foot in front of the car.

Good point: At least it was insured with Moris and I have excess insurance.

Excess is £750.

Oh we wouldn't have been that hard on you.....much! :D Mk1, Mk2 or Mk3 Octavia? Must be the first one else they'll be serious Ford bashing next time you come to a track day. ;)

At the end of the day we are all "car" fans, brands don't matter so much especially not to disrespect someone for what they drive. :)

Mk1 In Rally Red 

To be fair when I was on here regular I always found it a good place. The fact i'm banned from the Fiesta ST forum probably says it all

:D

post-85252-0-24579900-1447099312_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Then you're forgiven for not saying hello lol. I have one of those too at the moment, though I'm breaking mine soon as it's worth more in parts. Looked a lovely car mate!

I've looked at the ST more and more after speaking to Richard on them just can't justify another car at this stage.

Besides... still want an R32. :D

• Like 1

Alright, forget the video for now, Not going to wait forever for it to upload, I'll do it when I get home.

Photos:

IMG_0046_zpsezdw4zpo.jpg

IMG_0047_zpsxo8leifz.jpg

IMG_0049_zpsmcmqqetl.jpg

IMG_0051_zpsbyr6v7no.jpg

Bad point: It's all broken.

Good point: The bonnet doesn't touch the headlight on that side any more.

Bad point: The light shines about 6 foot in front of the car.

Good point: At least it was insured with Moris and I have excess insurance.

Excess is £750.

Ouch!! Not cheaper to fix it yourself?

Atleast something i started when i had my monte is catching on ;) (red stripes on the grill) :P

• Like 1

Ouch! One of the posts?

Straight into a tire wall in Agostini. Braked fairly late as I was all day, but it didn't slow down, so rather than turn in and risk spinning out and smacking the side on the tire wall I tried to brake in a straight line before the tarmac ran out and go from there, unfortunately the tarmac ran out and I ended up on some slippy wet grass. If I'd have tried to turn in then I'd have gone sideways into the tire wall and probably done a lot more damage. But Dan is alright. He was in with me.

• Like 1

Looks like we left at the right time! Was awesome fun in the wet! Loads of videos to follow. Thank you as always Richard for an awesome day out! The R was on fine form especially in the wet, until the brake judder from my now warped front discs late on! 

Pleasure as always gents! 

A small taster, my friend in his Corsa VXR having a little spin at the first turn  :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o03JaIDRUbA

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/o03JaIDRUbA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

EDIT: it doesn't seem to want to imbed the video, no ideas why.. 

Edited by ilmor
  • Like 2

Ouch!! Not cheaper to fix it yourself?

Atleast something i started when i had my monte is catching on ;) (red stripes on the grill) :p

Did you do that too? Nice.

And no, Even with the £750 excess and the £125 admin fee I don't think it would be cheaper to fix it myself. Although I am going to go to a body-shop on the way home tomorrow and see if I can get a quote. I think it wants a new front bumper, new wing, new headlight, new slam panel, possibly a new fog light, possibly a little bit of trim on the bumper, and depending on how many times I open and close the drivers door that may need re-spraying too because that catches the wing.

Looks like we left at the right time! Was awesome fun in the wet! Loads of videos to follow. Thank you as always Richard for an awesome day out! The R was on fine form especially in the wet, until the brake judder from my now warped front discs late on! 

Pleasure as always gents! 

A small taster, my friend in his Corsa VXR having a little spin at the first turn  :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o03JaIDRUbA

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/o03JaIDRUbA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

EDIT: it doesn't seem to want to imbed the video, no ideas why.. 

What was the VXR running?

What a fantastic day! Thanks again for organising this Richard :)

Struggling for grip all day! Had a bit of an off early on after hitting a patch of oil, which resulted in some rallycross across the grass and had another couple of sideways moments later on in the day

What a fantastic day! Thanks again for organising this Richard :)

Struggling for grip all day! Had a bit of an off early on after hitting a patch of oil, which resulted in some rallycross across the grass and had another couple of sideways moments later on in the day

Ah yes, at Coram? I hit that too but wasn't going bonkers around that bit, I never do.