'Squirting' noise in start-up.

Maffu

This is going to sound odd, but 90% of the time when I put the ignition on, I get this squirting / water rushing noise that lasts maybe ~1 second. I can't pinpoint where it comes from, and haven't a tube of glue what it's doing, or if it should be doing it. Because of this I'm slightly concerned.

Is it the fuel pump? Does everyone's do this? Or not...? :confused:

This is going to sound odd' date=' but 90% of the time when I put the ignition on, I get this squirting / water rushing noise that lasts maybe ~1 second. I can't pinpoint where it comes from, and haven't a tube of glue what it's doing, or if it should be doing it. Because of this I'm slightly concerned.

Is it the fuel pump? Does everyone's do this? Or not...? :confused:[/quote']

they all do it....

If any of you have owned a K-Jet Golf/Corrado etc, you'll know that the furby squirt is nice and quiet compared to the fuel pumps in them!!!

Theres something comforting about the sound of that wee bosch fuel pump under your a$$ in the K-Jet, worrying when you have it hard wired to a switch and forget to kill it though :rofl:

All of em require fuel pressure to start. Petrols charge when you open the door, PD diesels do it on ignition.

Yep

My Golf (Pd100) did it too all the time.

My Furby has done it from new (Still only 10 days/1400 miles old)