H&R 25mm Springs 28833-2

Hi Folks

Now I know there is a thread about H&R springs 40mm which has some wonderful looking rides, tastefully modified & lowered :) I did post a question in there but don't think many people have fitted the 25mm H&R springs, there mostly the 40mm springs, so has anyone fitted the H&R 25mm springs to a petrol vRS or even a diesel vRS! I have heard that the diesel sits lower because the engine is heavier than the petrol?

Basically if anyone has fitted the 25mm H&R springs to either vRS model would you mind posting up some pictures, if you don't mind   :thumbup: here is a link to the 25mm springs

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/191059604383?rmvSB=true

I'm only after a little drop because I keep a half load in the boot & really want the vehicle a little lower for ride & comfort reasons, plus it looks nicer too  :D Also is the drop even from back to front, does it sit level

Thanks

Cheers for the reply  :thumbup: so with the vRS already 15mm lower from the factory over standard? basically if I buy these springs it will lower the car another 25mm but 40mm total :) do you know just out of interest if the shocks are shorter on the vRS over standard?

Sent a message to the seller of the H&R springs on ebay & this is what he said:

Hi,

you are right. The lowering for Skoda VRS 2.0 TSI Combi is 25 mm, because the car is 15 mm lower than cars without sport suspension ex works.
Please check the front axle load. There must be a plate with this data in the motor compartment or front door. H&R has 2 different kits (other front axle springs) available.
Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Support Team

---------------------------------------------------------------------
MMM Automotive GmbH
Seilfahrt 101
D-44809 Bochum
Fon: +49 (0)234 90418350
Fax: +49 (0)234 90418340
http://www.alufelgen-24.com
http://www.fahrwerk-24.de

so then I sent him a picture of my front axle load (1000kg) & rear axle load (970kg) for my vRS Combi 2.0 TSI & the seller said that I need these springs:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/H-R-Federn-ABE-25mm-28833-1-Skoda-Octavia-RS-Kombi-5E-Tieferlegung-Sportfedern-/191139579174?hash=item2c80ce8526

Now I know there is 2 different kits as the seller says but just out of interest how comes I need the 28833-1 kit & not the 28833-2 kit?

both say there for the vRS Combi the only difference that I can see of are: 1010kg & the other is 1011kg & one says Combi & the other says Kombi maybe the vRS in the UK is different to the Euro vRS?

Any help as regards this will be truly appreciated as I would like to order the H&R springs ASAP :)

ok thanks farokinha for your help :) I understand that there are 2 versions of the 28833-2 springs for the vRS but I still dont understand why the ebayer seller said I need the 28833-1 springs for my vRS http://www.ebay.de/itm/H-R-Federn-ABE-25mm-28833-1-Skoda-Octavia-RS-Kombi-5E-Tieferlegung-Sportfedern-/191139579174?hash=item2c80ce8526&clk_rvr_id=890023947281&rmvSB=true

I thought the 28833-1 were for non vRS even thou in the ebay advert it says RS Kombi-5E, I'm thinking its more to do with the front axle weight that determines what model/part no: of springs you need depending on your axle weight? as when I sent a picture to the ebay seller showing my front axle weight of 1000kg & rear 970kg, the ebay seller said I need 28833-1 & not the 28833-2 that everyone seems to be buying for there vRS Kombi 5E  :|

According to a h&r retailer here in sweden:

28833-1 are for cars with manual transmission and under 1.8l.

28833-2 are for cars with dsg and cars above 1.8l.

28833-3 are for cars with 4wd.

But I think he just wants more money from me and there for recomended the "-2".

From H&R website:

28833-2 year: 2013> | 2WD | Lowering VA: 40 | Lowering HA: 40 | Axial load ab: 1011 |
Comments:ab/from 1011 kg VA-Last/FA load, nur für Fzg. mit Mehrlenker-HA / only for cars with multilink-RA Notes

28833-1 year: 2013> | 2WD | Lowering VA: 40 | Lowering HA: 40 | Axial load bis: 1010 |
Comments:bis/up to 1010 kg VA-Last/FA load, nur für Fzg. mit Mehrlenker-HA / only for cars with multilink-RA Notes

I'm making the assumption that with the estate that the chances are that there is more weight then 28833-2 is the spring to go for.

Up to 1010 kg - the -1 kit

Over 1011kg - the -2 kit

That's how I read it - and looks like the DSG is a greater weight gain that the diesel engine.

If your axle load says 1000kg (maybe someone with a CR DSG can post their axle weights?), then I'd say it's the -1 kit for you, BATVANVRS

• Like 2

Yes Philhoward that is exactly correct, what I'm thinking is the DSG petrol axle weight is 1000kg & maybe the diesel manual or diesel DSG? is over 1000kg

be nice is someone with a DSG petrol 2.0 vRS TSI can post there axle weight, its located inside the drivers front door towards the bottom of the sill on the left

Also even someone with a diesel manual & DSG 2.0 vRS TDI can post there axle weight too  ;)

Cheers cwk :) here is a picture of mine.

IMG_4791_zps5lk2blgp.jpg

@cwk is yours a Combi mate or hatch? & what year! mine is 63 so I'm thinking if yours is newer then that's probably why there is a difference in axle weight?

So at the 2.0TSI DSG is 1010kgs it would look like the one to go for is the 28833-1

I'm taking a fair bit of assumption as no proof, but I would guess that the 28833-2 is for the diesel version?

But would it really do harm/muck up the ride if you go for the 28833-2?

So at the 2.0TSI DSG is 1010kgs it would look like the one to go for is the 28833-1

I'm taking a fair bit of assumption as no proof, but I would guess that the 28833-2 is for the diesel version?

But would it really do harm/muck up the ride if you go for the 28833-2?

Well this is where it now becomes confusing :( as I have a 2.0 TSI DSG 63 plate & my front axle is 1000kg as per the blue picture above but cwk also has a 2.0 TSI DSG 15 plate & his front axle is 1010kg? as per the white picture

At the moment I'm pointing towards the 28833-1 purely because of the axle weight, one thing I have also noticed is that in my blue picture above, the 2 top 4 digit numbers is 5 more on each than it is compared to cwk white picture, but yet his axle weight is more?

• 2 weeks later...

Have fitted the 28833-2 to my 184 diesel vrs estate and they are absolutely perfect. Sits nice handles night and day better and still good when passengers in the back. Don't know how to add a pic on this reply but if you message me I'll send you a few

[email protected]

Have fitted the 28833-2 to my 184 diesel vrs estate and they are absolutely perfect. Sits nice handles night and day better and still good when passengers in the back. Don't know how to add a pic on this reply but if you message me I'll send you a few

[email protected]