quick detailer

sav26

hi guys am going to purchase a quick detailing spray  for after its all polished waxed and clayed do any of u guys have any recomendations of which stuff is a must buy all help is much appreciated

Phew....There are so many..LOL

Ive tried many

Here are my favourites (No order)

Bilt Hamber QD

Gyeon Cure

AutoGlym QD

Zaino Z8

Sonax BSD

Chemical Guys Hybrid V7

FinishKare #425

Meguiar's Last Touch Spray Detailer

Poorboys Quick Detailer 

If I was to choose one from this list...Sonax BSD ........as its really a Quick Sealant and can be used on the whole car after a wash, and diluted up to 50/50

Adam's QD; plus Angelwax QED are both superb.

I would like to try Bouncers though - heard great things about this product. :thumbup:

Infact; I think Angelwax QED just won an AutoExpress award recently.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/accessories-tyres/92632/angelwax-qed

This on top of Angelwax Desirable Wax is a great combo :thumbup:

Thanks for the link. This raises a question.

Within the text it mentions about the cleaning abilities of the various contenders. Does anyone use them for that purpose? It would seem to me that is a pretty good way of putting swirl marks onto the paint work, but a handy way of keeping the car looking smart with little effort.

One other question that's arisen from that article is that they mention that the BSD could have a wider spray pattern. As I've a couple of bottles of this I wonder is it worth just decanting into another spray bottle with a better nozzle? Possibly diluting as well which I believe is possible from reading other threads about BSD. I believe Chris is well versed in this so would appreciate his views, although everyone's opinions are welcome as everyone seems to be far more experienced at this than me! :clap:

Sorry if this is a bit of a hi-jack. I think the OPs question has been pretty much answered and I don't think it's too off-topic.

Edited by nickgpfc
  • Like 1

Thanks for the link. This raises a question.

Within the text it mentions about the cleaning abilities of the various contenders. Does anyone use them for that purpose? It would seem to me that is a pretty good way of putting swirl marks onto the paint work, but a handy way of keeping the car looking smart with little effort.

One other question that's arisen from that article is that they mention that the BSD could have a wider spray pattern. As I've a couple of bottles of this I wonder is it worth just decanting into another spray bottle with a better nozzle? Possibly diluting as well which I believe is possible from reading other threads about BSD. I believe Chris is well versed in this so would appreciate his views, although everyone's are welcome!

Sorry if this is a bit of a hi-jack. I think the OPs question has been pretty much answered and I don't think it's too off-topic.

Good point Nick.

I noticed the comment about the BSD sprayer. But I have only ever bought the BSD 5L tubs; and decant into my preferred sprayer bottles.

I cannot comment on the standard BSD bottle; but it may also be personal preference for some.

As BSD is a thicker consistency than some.... esp as it is more a QSealant than QDetailer - the trigger/sprayer may be designed with this in mind.

I know than many of my QD sprayers do produce a fine mist; which is what they are perhaps referring to in the review?

Just my thoughts, at least.

• Like 1

I have never decanted BSD so cant comment on that. But using it from the standard bottle, it does come out in a `jet` rather than a `mist` and tends to go all over the place! That being the case I have started putting it onto the cloth rather than the car. Seems to work better...for me at least.

• Like 1