New Octavia VRS owner - cycle carrier question?

Hi all,

Got my new octavia VRS TD a couple of weeks ago - have to say very impressed so far, only slight niggle would be the fuel capacity but won't moan on about that as i can see there are loads of people talking about the same thing already :)

As the title suggests I am wanting to carry my bike on the car and was interested to know if anyone has any experience with any cycle carriers on a VRS hatch? I spoke with a guy in halfords earlier who suggested that i can't mount any on the back due to the spoiler so my only options would be roof rack and cycle carrier or a towbar carrier ( as i don't have a towbar fitted I will rule this one out straight away on cost)

Has anyone managed to fit a cycle carrier on the back of their VRS?

If not I will have to stump up a pretty penny for the Thule set up.

Thanks

It's not just the spoler but the edge-to-edge glass on the hatch that's the problem. I've just bought the bits for a set of Thule aero bars from flea-bay for about £100 but haven't tried fitting them yet.

yeah that was my worry with the ones that hang on the back - i did look at the Saris but couldn't work out what stopped the bike swinging into the car so gave it a miss.

I have gone for the Thule rack and carrier, just waiting for it to arrive now. 

Have to say the saris is a very good rack. Very solid with ties that hold the seat tube in place to stop the bike rolling around. It's still held on with straps though.