Suggest a whisky again.

Aspman

Why?

apparently they don't regard it as a proper word, they use "outside the scope of" or "external to" or "outside of" or any other number of form of words

I have a rule that I use it as often as possible when dealing with les Anglais  :D

• Like 1

Where George and meself originate from 'jamp' is a synonym for 'jumped'.

I was about 18 before I realised it's not a word.

• Like 3

Our other National Drink,

Buckfast which is a Tonic, or just some Four Crown i think will do the job.

When I used to work up at Rangers and Celtic footie grounds, I used to see dozens and dozens of empty (of course) Bucky bottles strew everywhere. They were usually around were we parked our cars, as the Bucky owners would walk amongst the vehicles and use them as toilet walls :(

I should add that although it made my car smell something awful, what ever it is in Buckfast, when it comes back out of the human body at least, can remove brake dust from you car's wheel!

Edited by Lady Elanore

Saw this yesterday about Celtic fans (I am told I am one by a Rangers fan due to my religion),

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/celtic-write-fans-reminding-wash-6451792

Must be arriving at Celtic Park (or Parkheed as some still call it) straight from work, or a hot pub or something.

I like most drinks and hail from Devon but Buckfast tonic wine is an acquired test but then in a world of Dr Peppers, Vimto etc who am I?

Anyways, still got my bottle of Dalwhinney centenary as mentioned above, to sell or drink if I cannot get at least half of the £170 some whisky shops sell them for. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

It's that time of year again.

The old man fair enjoyed the expensive 18yr old Glen Livet malt he got last time. Actually he's still eking it out.

It's his 71st shortly so it's time for another.

Looking back over this thread an Aberlour 12 or a Bruichladdich Laddie

any new suggestions for a decent unpeated malt or good blend?

• 3 weeks later...

Why not try something different like Penderyn, its a Welsh Whiskey and rather nice https://www.amazon.co.uk/Penderyn-Welsh-Malt-Whisky-70/dp/B001GLPISQ

I personally prefer Bourbon and my current favourite is Wild Turkey 101, my father is a big fan of Scottish malts and always has a few different bottles in his cupboard, I bought him a bottle of 101 for his birthday and he didn't touch anything else until it was all gone... https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wild-Turkey-101-Bourbon-70/dp/B0043A012U

Does anyone know much about Tasgall 25 and 30 year old whisky. I know it's blended and it's really Asda's name on the bottle, but it potentially could be good value if it tastes good. Anyone tried it yet?? 

I have read a couple of reviews that say it fine and compares well with other blended whiskys of this age. £60 for a 30 y/o blended whisky certainly seems cheap

Edited by Lady Elanore

Why not try something different like Penderyn, its a Welsh Whiskey and rather nice https://www.amazon.co.uk/Penderyn-Welsh-Malt-Whisky-70/dp/B001GLPISQ

I personally prefer Bourbon and my current favourite is Wild Turkey 101, my father is a big fan of Scottish malts and always has a few different bottles in his cupboard, I bought him a bottle of 101 for his birthday and he didn't touch anything else until it was all gone... https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wild-Turkey-101-Bourbon-70/dp/B0043A012U

I got him Penderyn for fathers day, he didn't like it much, thought it was very odd.

Got the Aberlour 12 on an offer in the end.

I've not found a whisky I like yet (still recovering from an incident with a bottle of Bells 20yr ago) but I have taken a taste for bourbon and Jameson Irish Whiskey, .

I got him Penderyn for fathers day, he didn't like it much, thought it was very odd.

I've not found a whisky I like yet (still recovering from an incident with a bottle of Bells 20yr ago) but I have taken a taste for bourbon and Jameson Irish Whiskey, .

Have you tried Aberlour A'bunadh?

If anyone is interested, it is cask strength and although a malt, there is no age statement, so those people who are experts reckon it is probably 5 or 6 years old. The thing about it is, apart from it is 60-62% ABV, is it is matured solely in sherry casks. Don't worry about the strength, as it even recommends that you water it down to taste, although it is surprisingly drinkable neat! My favourite thing about it though, is it smells of Christmas puddings. :) It really is very easy to drink. 

Apparently you have no taste! ;)  Semi-seriously, I don't know anyone else, even anyone Irish, who will admit to liking Jameson's!

Apparently you have no taste! ;)  Semi-seriously, I don't know anyone else, even anyone Irish, who will admit to liking Jameson's!

Not the first time I've been told that :p

Have you tried Aberlour A'bunadh?

If anyone is interested, it is cask strength and although a malt, there is no age statement, so those people who are experts reckon it is probably 5 or 6 years old. The thing about it is, apart from it is 60-62% ABV, is it is matured solely in sherry casks. Don't worry about the strength, as it even recommends that you water it down to taste, although it is surprisingly drinkable neat! My favourite thing about it though, is it smells of Christmas puddings. :) It really is very easy to drink.

+1

Exquisite - I usually add a few drops of water, but as Lady E says, it's surprisingly neat considering its strength (60 %).

Aberlour is a favourite, plus that drinking it is to honour an old Glaswegian friend who passed away prematurely a few years ago - it was his favourite too. For economic reasons I usually content myself with the ordinary Aberlour 12 yrs.

Edited by swedishskoda
  • Like 1