Superb III Sportline

It's a very viable option buying a brand new skoda in the north of Ireland or U.K. as the currency rate would benefit a Irish buyer. The spec is much better too, one example is the rear wiper on saloon. €93 here in South, free option in U.K. Yes, you would have to pay VRT but this is reflected in the lower price if bought in U.K. and as a result even after you make the trip to revenue (now nct centres) and pay the VRT on it, it is still cheaper to do it. A work colleague bought a brand new Mondeo in U.K. and imported it to R.o.I and he saved €2000 on a better spec car. Also because the car is imported, a European warranty will apply to it which means that any Irish Skoda garage will have to honour it and accept it in their garage. And if you live close enough to the border counties, you could get the northern garage to service it anyhow. If I wanted the 280bhp and it wasn't available in the south, I'd head up north.

In summary, buy it and pay the VRT on it, it will still work out cheaper. And Irish Skoda garages will have to deal with you under the European warranty.

Edited by BennyS3

BennyS3 some good information there thank you. The only problem with the above is if one wanted to take advantage of a PCP finance deal. I'm guessing a UK dealer wouldn't be prepared to offer PCP to a southern Ireland resident!?

• 5 weeks later...

You should be seeing Sportlines in the dealerships soon.

Spoke to our local guys this weekend while dealing with paperwork for SWMBO's new '66 car

He said that all dealers are getting assigned a Sportline demonstrator.

They have 3 showrooms in these parts, and said they're getting one each of the 150s (1 diesel, 1 petrol) and a 280 4x4

At least one of them is going to be an estate, but I can't remember which one.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

and again with the wheels (SuperNova ?) that aren't the standard option and can't be chosen on the UK configurator - though I have seen them in the German Skoda "accessories" pages on their website

They are in the U.K. Accessories catalog or they were when I bought my superb this time last year. I was gutted as I really wanted them and I still think the best skoda wheels available for the superb.