Let the Fun(project)begin!

Hi. Today I finally acquired the Felicia Fun I've been after for quite a while. It's a two owners, full service history, below average mileage example, which also happens to be a bit of a state. Won't be doing anything with it straight away cos the wife and I are on holiday next week. In the meantime, here's some pics of it

Regards

Marge

post-78537-0-89320200-1441663185_thumb.jpg

post-78537-0-26513700-1441663217_thumb.jpg

post-78537-0-17791600-1441663249_thumb.jpg

post-78537-0-87095100-1441663267_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Looking great on the outside. No corrosion?

OT: isn't Marge a woman's name? Since you've mentioned, I don't understand the "my wife and I" part.

Looking great on the outside. No corrosion?

OT: isn't Marge a woman's name? Since you've mentioned, I don't understand the "my wife and I" part.

If you look on his profile it states "male"

Great to see another fun project! :)

Hi. It's a nickname I got when I was a teenager. Long story. I am indeed a bloke, and have been married for around 6 years. The Fun isn't too bad really, needs new front wings, the sills are really crumbly at the rear jacking points on both sides and the rear tubs are really bad, but the nearside is the worst. I understand they all do that. The previous owner didn't want to part with it, but didn't have the money to sort it. I decided I had to try to save it.

Regards

Marge

If you look on his profile it states "male"

.....and apparently, we live in an "enlightened" country too.

Hi. Today I finally acquired the Felicia Fun I've been after for quite a while. It's a two owners, full service history, below average mileage example, which also happens to be a bit of a state. Won't be doing anything with it straight away cos the wife and I are on holiday next week. In the meantime, here's some pics of it

Regards

Marge

What are you planning to do to it?

First thing to do is sort the rust out. Cut out the rotten areas, and fabricate and weld in new sections. I basically plan to restore it, but probably (hopefully) not a bare shell job. It's actually in relatively good nick, the interior is pretty good, no splits or tears in the seats or carpets.

I might modify it slightly, better stereo, bigger wheels, maybe lower it. Would need a respray to look really good I think. Just gonna see how it goes really, I'll make it solid first, then go from there.

Regards

Marge

Marge

Could you tell us why is it better to patch it instead of welding new body sections? I mean, if jacking points are crumbling, what do you think about the rest of the sills? Water and slush filled them for years. Weak steel sheet. Solid doesn't mean cosmetic.

Regards

Ricardo

(why am I ending like that? this is not an e-mail)

Edited by RicardoM

Good point Ricardo. Guess I'll see how the sills look when I remove the covers. I've read on here that sills are not available for the pickup, so I'll have to see. On the subject of, does anyone know how the sill covers are attached? And how to get them off?

Regards

Marge

I believe that UMA has had his off.

I know the arches are tiger-bonded on, so patience, cheese-wire, round-wound guitar strings, patience, trim removal tools, and some patience are required on those.