Screws in my tyre. AGAIN!

ang9444

Absolutely fuming, really really want to know who is doing this and have contacted the police numerous times and there's nothing they can do without evidence. Next step is installing CCTV and dashcams in my and other half's car and also parents' cars but can someone help and suggest something within budget and reliable that can record all night and has very good quality, i need to find out who is doing this because **** is going to hit the fan real soon

Yeah but which one? I'm clueless about dash cams etc so after some advice.

Also any advice on what i can do? I've contacted the police and will be contacting the housing association but is there anything else i can do?? Please i need some suggestions, i'm fuming

I've been on the internet for the last 2 hours trying to find some sort of camera that i can mount in my car that will give me live footage on a laptop or phone for example and also record on its own overnight so i can forward it in the morning and see what i have recorded, is there something like this out there that i can buy?

I've been on the internet for the last 2 hours trying to find some sort of camera that i can mount in my car that will give me live footage on a laptop or phone for example and also record on its own overnight so i can forward it in the morning and see what i have recorded, is there something like this out there that i can buy?

Do you have an old smartphone?  You could use a car holder and stick it inside your house window and point it at the car (like you would in your car but point it out).  Cheap alternative.  Plus there are loads of CCTV apps for ios and android.

Or get something like this http://www.amazon.co.uk/Foscam-Wireless-Viewing-Angle-Camera/dp/B00T7NX6SY/ref=sr_1_5?s=photo&ie=UTF8&qid=1442392295&sr=1-5  and do the same.

Someone did mention Maplins earlier on today actually when i was getting the tyre repaired. Will definitely check it out.

And pkoconnor thanks for that, thinking of installing a cctv camera and maybe linking it to an ipad or iphone and also looking at a live dash cam that will record all night but not sure if ones like that exist?

Any dashcam will do the job, just some cheaper ones may have appalling night quality. The Fabia's fag lighter socket has a perm feed so it will record all night. You'll get about 8 hours of 1080p on a 32gb SD card. Cameras like the Mobius can use larger ones which will comfortably cover the whole night.

Any dashcam will do the job, just some cheaper ones may have appalling night quality. The Fabia's fag lighter socket has a perm feed so it will record all night. You'll get about 8 hours of 1080p on a 32gb SD card. Cameras like the Mobius can use larger ones which will comfortably cover the whole night.

Super, thanks for that!

Do you guys think its worth parking in the same spot and "provoking" the guy to do it again as he may think i haven't noticed the screws and sit in my car for an hour or so or shall i avoid that?

I would avoid that.  Do you know who is doing it?  Do you know their state of mind or if indeed they would attack you rather than the car.  No just film it and use the evidence you gain to persuade the Police to do something.  Oh and not that I think you will but answering with I am a big bloke and I can take care of myself as often happens in these threads means nothing.  I have seen quite a few big blokes on hospital beds or slabs in morgues.

Super, thanks for that!

Do you guys think its worth parking in the same spot and "provoking" the guy to do it again as he may think i haven't noticed the screws and sit in my car for an hour or so or shall i avoid that?

Have you any idea who might be doing it and when? A video taken from inside the car won't necessarily show the culprit. You ideally need to be recording from outside the car, is this possible?

It is possible to record from outside of the car as the camera will be pointing directly into the car park. Trouble is if the car sees like a dark figure or someone masked doing it, would that be insufficient evidence as you won't be able to see their face?

As to staying in the car, i'm pretty sure the person doing it is doing it either because of jealousy, racism or just because i'm driving a newer car then them and i'm 21 and doing alright for myself and they're just lazy drips and got nothing going for themselves so they want to put other people down