Bluetooth Speaker bargain at Tesco- heads up

Phil-E

Hi folks.

So I popped into my local Tesco Extra store to look at Bluetooth speakers as I'd been thinking of getting one with our clubcard vouchers.

Looking around at what they had when on the end of the shelf I noticed what looked like a speaker from a brand I'd not heard before going for a stupid cheap price.

I wondered what it was so had a look. The box didn't describe it too well so I googled it. It was a Klipsch KMC1. Gets good reviews and the cheapest I could find online was £90 from Tesco outlet on ebay.

http://www.klipsch.com/kmc-1-wireless-music-system

I opened the box to double check it was actually the speaker and that everything was there. Yep! So I grabbed both of them that they had on the shelf.

They were selling for an unbelievably low price of... £12.25!!!

I still can't believe it now.

I was convinced when I got to the checkout it would scan through as something like £112.25 but nope... £12.25 came up on the till.

I've been in again today to see if they had any more but it now just says temporarily out of stock but still with the £12.25 sticker.

So check your local store. Don't know whether it was just that store in particular or whether others will have them.

The only thing that was weird is there was a * on the top of the label whereas none of the others had this. The other Tesco in York didn't have them but they did have a Sony SRX5 with the same * going for £49.50- googling this shows it normally sells for more like £149.50. Could there be a bug in their system?

Phil

Edited by Phil-E
  • Like 2

Hi folks.

The only thing that was weird is there was a * on the top of the label whereas none of the others had this. The other Tesco in York didn't have them but they did have a Sony SRX5 with the same * going for £49.50- googling this shows it normally sells for more like £149.50. Could there be a bug in their system?

Phil

Sometimes they just want to get rid of stock. Maybe some accounting trick they are making use of.

Have you tried it out yet Phil?

Gaz

Yes. It's very impressive!

Sounds quality is great and the bass is quite astounding for a speaker of this size.

Battery life is also great and you can even charge your phone from it.

I still can't believe it only cost £12.25.

Sometimes they just want to get rid of stock. Maybe some accounting trick they are making use of.

Possibly. It did say it was a discontinued product on the ebay outlet. I think the Sony one is too. But why would you sell it off so cheap?

Lol.

No actually. One I am keeping and using for myself and the other is most likely going to a family member who was also on the lookout for a decent Bluetooth speaker.

If they had any more in the shop I would have bought them and got them straight on ebay.

Phil

• Like 1

I had a Klipsch I-pod dock around 2007 time bought for me for Christmas and snubbed my nose up at it being a young lad and not recognising the make but it actually sounded really good and looked pretty smart.

Got the Mrs keeping an eye out now the next time she goes in.

Edited by pkr

Sometimes just dumping stock at a loss is better than having stuff occupying potential good selling items shelf space. In particular if it aint selling at all. Buy in 4/5 of something priced at normal rate and see what happens. Nothing doing, so get rid of it easiest way possible - get a customer to take them away.