engine code and version?

Hi can anyone can help please. I am trying to find out if i have the right engine code and also what the version/variant of my car is, i need to get a new gearbox and dont want to order wrong one. My car is the skoda octavia 1.9 tdi 05reg. Its 77kw / 105bhp if that helps and i think i have worked out it to be engine code BKC if thats right. when looking on ebay its wanting to know variant 1Z5 1Z3 or 1U2????

If anyone can help it would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Could be a good excuse to register yourself on erWin and then, when logged in, under "Vehicle Specific Information" you can input your VIN, and get a downloadable pdf of every detail of your car. "Car Data" as it's known. The info on the stickers, if you had them, is only a small subset of this.

It'll cost you 7 Euros + VAT for an hour's access, but while you're there you can download a shedload of other info relating to servicing/maintenance, and wiring diagrams, and educational stuff in the form of their Self Study Programmes, for anything you might be interested in.

It's really the gearbox code you want, which will be stamped on the gearbox somewhere, but definitely listed in the car data.

The bkc sounds bout right. Have a look on your v5 log book. it'll be listed as engine number. It'll be the first 3 letters ie: bkc 123456789; bkd 123456789

Hope that helps.