New engine cover

Stupid question time... Is the 1.2 the same as the 1.4 in appearance? I want something to cover the pan pipes and ignition modules - there's a lot of road clag getting around that part of the engine.

Not so stupid question... where from, how much?

Cheers

• Like 1

Stupid question time... Is the 1.2 the same as the 1.4 in appearance? I want something to cover the pan pipes and ignition modules - there's a lot of road clag getting around that part of the engine.

Not so stupid question... where from, how much?

1.2 and 1.4 engines look exactly the same as my mate has just bought a 1.4

VW parts list & approx costs in UK £

Item No. 1:- 04E 103 925F, Engine cover £51.26 (this comes with the vw logo on unless you buy a badge to cover it like me )

Item No. 2:- 04E 103 932, Bracket for cover £13.92

Cheers

Hiwhat badge did you use? I am thinking of doing the same on my vRS.Many thanksSteve

The badge came off a 2014 petrol vrs engine cover(underneth it was a vw badge fyi, sorry i dont have the part number

How does the original look like? I haven't seen it. Or isn't there any cover at all?

There is no cover at all matey but all the mounting points are there for it , just too cheap to put one on lol

Covert, nice to see another member based in Northants!

For those interested in this mod, someone did a write up for a 1.4 Golf 7 which should be very similar for our Octavia.

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/342321-mk7-golf-mods-oem-suitable-for-mk3-octavia/

• Like 1

Covert, nice to see another member based in Northants!

For those interested in this mod, someone did a write up for a 1.4 Golf 7 which should be very similar for our Octavia.

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/342321-mk7-golf-mods-oem-suitable-for-mk3-octavia/

That's me & my threads on Golf MK7 forum........guilty as charged!

• 10 months later...

Hey Covert,

I am doing the same atm.

I am wondering what you did with the VW logo.

Did you remove it?

Did you trimmed it down or something? Or you just put your Skoda badge right on top. ?

Mine VW logo is somewhat sperical.

Would be great if you could reply :)

Edited by Faab

Maybe because it's only ,04-00 in morning but I don't grasp this one.????But why change an engine cover when probably only you see it. Was the original that much of an embarrassment. Don't think mine looks out of place on my VRS Tsi. Never noticed. Assume it's understated. All to our own. Main thing is apart from little foibles are you happy. After . more than 6 years of Various Octavia's still think they're great.

Must admit I have done same in the past. I had a 2007 Mondeo diesel, the last year or so of the old shape rarely got engine covers as well as a few other blatant cost cutting bits and pieces so I bought a good used one from a breaker to tidy it up.

As you say, 99.9% of the time, nobody is any the wiser....but I know it's there ;)

Maybe because it's only ,04-00 in morning but I don't grasp this one.????But why change an engine cover when probably only you see it. Was the original that much of an embarrassment. Don't think mine looks out of place on my VRS Tsi. Never noticed. Assume it's understated. All to our own. Main thing is apart from little foibles are you happy. After . more than 6 years of Various Octavia's still think they're great.

The lesser engines don't get a cover unlike us vRS owners. All the coil packs, wiring, etc on display. Apart from looking better, the cover protects the components from road muck, etc - it does get pretty dusty under there.

The lesser engines don't get a cover unlike us vRS owners. All the coil packs, wiring, etc on display. Apart from looking better, the cover protects the components from road muck, etc - it does get pretty dusty under there.

The diesel engines get engine covers.

The diesel engines get engine covers.

That's cos their butt Fn ugly in fact they look nearly as bad as they sound and that is saying something.

As for the rest of you Jessies, engine covers to keep an engine clean WTF

Obviously it's a first world problem I've missed somehow !!!

• Like 1