hi new citigo owner

heli195

I've been a member for a while and this is my 3rd skoda. I've had a fab vrs and then a octavia l n k estate which has just died unfortunately so I took the plunge and brought a new citigo monte in red.

Been very impressed so far if missing a little response from my right foot lol.

I wanted to ask the new car is a little slow on idle and has stalled a couple of times when sitting at lights. Would this be normal for new engine. I was given very little info on running in a new engine apart from don't red line it or drive it like I stole it, not particularly useful. Any info on how long should be gentle with her would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Rob

Just try to take it easy for the first 1000 miles is the general rule of thumb, as for stalling, if it's when you are setting off I would not worry, it's probably just you stalling due to being in a new car, every biting point is different

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Stalling when just idling at lights would be a problem, it should idle with no problems. Is the car a Greentech model? If so, it is supposed to switch itself off when you take your foot off the clutch in neutral, then restart itself when you press the clutch down.

Do they have lambert (excuse the spelling) sensors might be that. I'm waiting for the curtsey call from the dealer will mention then see what they say. It sits at just over 500 rpm on idle which seems a little low to me but doesn't sound or feel like it's hunting.

It shouldn't stall, what is its' idling RPM? I think mine is @600 RPM check in a while. Might just need increased a bit. Anyway fill it up with fuel, get down the gearbox a bit quicker than you used to, forget about the petrol guage and enjoy your new car!!!

Edited by barnie

Idle on my Citigo (and others I've driven) is about 800rpm when up to operating temperature. Can be about 1100 rpm for the first few minutes. If the engine stops consistently when up to temperature, in neutral, handbrake on, clutch pedal up, and resumes when you go to put it back in gear again, that's likely to be normal auto stop-start behaviour. But otherwise cutting out at random when idle isn't normal, I'd have it probed.

Edited by ettlz

I'm getting old but what's wrong with a key

This is not the same thing. this is a stall system for when you become stationary, to save fuel/emissions. it has checks for battery, cold engine etc. You still use a key like normal.

it clicks in prety quickly when you stop at lights, apply handbrake and go into nuetral, clutch peddle not in use.

Car does not have stop start. Seems to stall due to idle revs dropping to low.

Does it restart if you press clutch pedal after it was stalled?

To be honest, I find it hard to believe it stall due to idle revs dropping too low.

I was wrong. All skodas except Citigo should have stop start system from now on.

Here in Finland they only sell Greentechs.

Edited by Emil

Had this issue on my 3 year old citigo greentech, wasn't start stop, was a faulty / dirty o2 sensor. Took it out, squirted out with brake cleaner and as good as new. I'd take it back to dealers if you only just got it.