The Wax/Car Cleaning/Detailing Product Review Thread

ChrisRs

Washed/Waxed/Sealed your car and want to show off the product to help others or just self congratulate?...Post your pictures here

Rules:

1, Please state the Product

2. Where did you buy it? + Link?

3. How well does it apply and buff off?

4. If its been on awhile, how is the duarability?

5. How reflective? Beading? ......Pics

6. Other comments?

I'll begin

1, CSP T1 Carnauba Wax (sample Pot)

2. From 'Clean your Ride'

CSP - https://www.cspdetailing.com/store/product/80/

3. Very easy to apply and buffs off after a couple of minutes with no effort

4. Been assured by CSP that it should last a good 6 months

5.Pictures below:

2015-09-24%2015.24.30_zpsgc3dhorp.jpg

2015-09-24%2015.24.09_zpsdu2ppprz.jpg

Edited by ChrisRs
  • Like 3

Had a chance to see how this is performing now

I have to say that this Wax is amazing.

Given my 5, three coats now and the DS4 one, only used 1/3 of the sample pot!!

Quite oily to start with but that quickly evaporates and buffs off effortlessly leaving a great streak free finish...You cant say that about Fusso!!

The reflections on white paint are unbelievable. Best I've seen

Water runs straight off in the morning (Heavy dew and Fog this week) and any flies stuck on the front from my country lane blasts, just wash off with a light spray of the Hose pipe

Its not cheap I grant you, but its certainly worth the extra cost

Recent Pics:

2015-09-30%2018.11.51_zpsntrj60zu.jpg

2015-09-30%2018.12.07_zps4xpamkhy.jpg

2015-09-30%2018.12.43_zpsj1jwzlmp.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

1. ArtDeShine Obsidian Wax

Available from Obsidian Detailing

https://www.facebook.com/ObsidianDetailing/app_251458316228

2. I inherited this from Carl (Dinski). It was in his extensive collection of waxes I was bequeathed

Carl promised me some, but was too unwell to get over and have a wax session with me

He highly rated it and I can now see why!!

3. Its quite a soft, but not oily wax, but that helps with the application and very little is needed to do the whole car

4. Not had a chance yet to see what durability is like, but that's of little concern to me, as it will only be use on our own cars and not clients'...unless they request it

5. Reflections are pretty much on par with high end carnauba waxes (Previous CPS Wax)...but it has its own spray sealant QD (ADS Nano Gloss Paint Sealant (NGPS)) that can be applied under and over the wax..So that's great for me

Its also a good idea to give the applicator pad a light spray with NGPS prior to application (See DW Review below)

6. Detailing World Review is all you need to read to get the idea...and why I so rate this wax:

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=324884

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Review #3

1. Power Maxed Winter Coat (Spray Sealant/Drying Aid/QD)

2. Direct from Power Maxed http://www.powermaxed.com/clean-your-car/winter-coat-sealant

3. This can be used as a spray and wipe sealant and can also be diluted 40:1 as a top up and rinse aid...though I sprayed direct from the bottle onto a we car and it worked brilliantly

4. Still to early to say how the durability is, but its advertised at 12 months if you use it diluted after the initial application

I would say that it behaves almost exactly like Sonax BSD but is more versatile and feels slicker and can be applied over any sealant based product or a Hybrid

5. Pictures to be added when the weather improves....My clients are very impressed already though

I did half a bonnet with Winter Coat on our DS4 and the other half with a high grade Carnauba Wax (Review #1 above)...Beading is exactly the same!

6. I highly recommend this product......even if its just as a QD or Drying aid..Its superb!!

• Like 2

UPDATE:

For those of you with the Nilfisk Pressure washer and wondered what to use the detergent applicator bottle for?

This one:

310I5ZIIzrL._SY300_.jpg

Put 1" of Power Maxed Winter Coat in the bottle and top up with water

Then after the washing stage, attach the bottle and spray over the whole car and dry off immediately

When properly dry....Go around the car with a dry MF cloth....Job Done!!

Here is the beading on my MX-5 after applying Winter Coat this afternoon via the washer bottle method described above

2015-11-24%2021.02.39_zpsspifldkf.jpg

To sum up.......A very nice product and worth trying
I suppose the best way to describe it is a QD Sealant, a type of Aqua Wax and a conventional Sealant all in one
In short, due to it being water soluble, it dilutes down well without affecting performance.
Apply it neat and buff off, or to a wet car as a drying aid, or as a QD diluted (20:1 was about right after some experiments)
An initial neat application and buff off is preferable, but not essential. Then just use the other two application methods after a wash. It really couldn't be easier, and perfect for Winter!
I found a second wipe with a dry MF cloth enhanced the finish further and eliminated any residue from drying
Durability is yet to be tested, but I have applied a few cars, so will report back after a few weeks
Power Maxed have produced yet another winner here!!

Edited by ChrisRs

UPDATE:

For those of you with the Nilfisk Pressure washer and wondered what to use the detergent applicator bottle for?

This one:

310I5ZIIzrL._SY300_.jpg

Then after the washing stage, attach the bottle and spray over the whole car and dry off immediately

Chris have you tried that with the Sonax BSD?  If it is similar I assume it would work pretty much the same and as I have some and the bottle I could give it a go.

I have. Yes Chris

You need 50% water in the bottle with BSD or it gets too diluted...Forgot to mention...Try not to get any on the Windscreen...Other windows are fine

If you do...wipe with a quick spray of glass cleaner or diluted IPA...or Carpro Eraser

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry missed the above Chris and only just seen it.  In fact the reason I saw it was I was going to copy the link and pm you with a *******ing for ignoring me!  Whoops. :D   So I shall try that soon as the car is getting a bit disgusting at the moment.

I am having the bike cleaned tomorrow by a local guy for this company.  http://allyearbiker.co.uk/

The bike takes so long to clean and this guy can get the magic ACF50 into all the nooks and crannies that I could not hope to do.  Still do the car properly as learned on here but just not as often as I should.  Sponges are banned though you will be pleased to hear.

• Like 1

Review #4

As a result of a Sample sent to me from J306TD (James)...Ive bought 5 Litres

1, Krystal Kleen Detailing Blizzard Snow Foam

2. Bought from High Definition Detail @£16 for 5 litres

http://www.highdefinitiondetail.co.uk/collections/krystal-kleen-detail/products/krystal-kleen-detail-blizzard-snow-foam-tutti-frutti-1-litre?variant=1125514551

3. Highly concentrated, so only around 50ml in 500cl of water in the SF bottle is recommended by KK...I used 100ml in a litre...and was about right

2015-12-03%2013.56.10_zpssbynygcf.jpg

I then left it to dwell for a full 5 minutes. This was the result:

2015-12-03%2014.01.33_zpsj2nfvb8e.jpg

Cleaning power seemed good. Certainly as good as my favourite..Bilt Hamber Auto Foam

Once pressure washed off, very little dirt was in evidence

HOWEVER....Very important.....My LSP (Power Maxed Winter Coat) appeared to be totally unaffected:

2015-12-03%2014.07.37_zpsdqmn0thd.jpg

Will I continue to use it?.......Definitely (On our own and friends cars)...Its certainly as good as I have read about ....and is equally as good as Bilt Hamber, Car Chem, VP pH Neutral and Power Maxed Snow Foam (I use on clients' cars)

Edited by ChrisRs
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

UPDATE:

This one:

310I5ZIIzrL._SY300_.jpg

Not too sure if it is me being stupid but I can's seem to find out how to fit it onto the pressure washer hose!

Also I need to either buy some better snow foam or I am doing something wrong.  Did the car today, snow foamed as usual which left it with a good thick coating then went in and filled the buckets for the wash.  Came out which was a good 5 minutes later or more and washed the foam off to find the car just as filthy as it was before I started!  The foam hadn't touched the mud and road filth in the slightest.  May just as well have saved my time and done it with a sponge.

Oh and before you ask which one I was using I cannot remember without going back out to the shed but it was one recommended on here.  It has always been OK in the past (not brilliant but OK) but this time it was rubbish.

Anyway I decided not to throw my toys out the pram and got on and cleaned it inside and out and am now enjoying a nice cuppa and a mince pie.

• Like 1

Not too sure if it is me being stupid but I can's seem to find out how to fit it onto the pressure washer hose!

It fits to the end of the sprayer..Theres a blue button...press it and pull off..Replace with the bottle

Also I need to either buy some better snow foam or I am doing something wrong.  Did the car today, snow foamed as usual which left it with a good thick coating then went in and filled the buckets for the wash.  Came out which was a good 5 minutes later or more and washed the foam off to find the car just as filthy as it was before I started!  The foam hadn't touched the mud and road filth in the slightest.  May just as well have saved my time and done it with a sponge.

What Snow Foam and dilution rate are you using?.....Sent you to the shed...some are better than others!

Snow Foam will work better on a highly protected car as the dirt finds it harder to stick and is loosened easier by the Snow Foam

I find a pre wetting of the car works better with a really filthy car

Oh and before you ask which one I was using I cannot remember without going back out to the shed but it was one recommended on here.  It has always been OK in the past (not brilliant but OK) but this time it was rubbish.

Anyway I decided not to throw my toys out the pram and got on and cleaned it inside and out and am now enjoying a nice cuppa and a mince pie.

Above Chris.....Hope you had a great Xmas too

Edited by ChrisRs

Chris thanks for the tip about the blue button.  RTFM Mr Wright!

Still not going to the shed as it is dark out there and scary!  It is some PH neutral stuff that you recommended when I was first asking.  I put a couple of inches in the bottom of the bottle up to the bottom of the label then fill the bottle with water to the top.  Maybe too weak a solution but it looks quite thick and does cling to the car.

I have always washed it with Maguires and then finish it off with BSD every time as well but other than that it has had nothing special done to it like clayed and waxed.  I have run out of Maguires now so need to replace that and I will use it bit more of the snow foam next time and see what happens.

Apologies for hijacking the thread as I realise I am not adding recommendations as per the thread title and once more as ever thanks for you advice.

• Like 1

OK just to finish this off.  I have eventually ventured to the shed and it is indeed Valet Pro Advanced Neutral.  Reading the instructions (why do we never do that?) I see it is one part product to thee parts water which means I am diluting it way too much hence the poor performance.  I shall do as instructed next time and see if it is any better.  Doh!

• Like 1

Review #5

Ive used a lot of this stuff in the last few months..Perfect for a quick spray after drying off a very wet car

1, Power Maxed Quick Detailer

quick-detailer-300x395.jpg

2. Bought from Power Maxed

http://www.powermaxed.com/clean-your-car/quick-detailer

3.Ready to spray and leaves a great silky smooth finish to the paintwork with hard to beat beading

Superb too for use as a drying aid after a car wash

Beading on my MX-5:

2015-12-30%2017.49.40_zpskxxpifgp.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I use  Meguairs NXT Generation Wax as it leaves a fantastic shine which lasts for many months. It is very easy to apply and effortless to buff to a glorious shine. I find it a great water repellent and bird droppings just wipe away with ease.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.halfords.com/motoring/car-cleaning/shampoo-polish-wax/meguiars-nxt-tech-wax-2-0-paste-311g&ved=0ahUKEwiKrZGct6rTAhXqA8AKHcPNC58QFgg0MAU&usg=AFQjCNFBpl8bEIvghd_D8mxReuXBOE2SOQ&sig2=f_-31hCnsV7hl5u4WgUB-A

20170417_024801.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 months later...