I didn't know it could do that...

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLfbZtq6EMuEQjUv-OtD0c6gjD2FXgr5Pz

Kicking off a thread for hints and tips - starting with this playlist found which shows:

Rear parking lights as DRL

Coming home via fog lights

Leaving home via fog lights

Refuel quantity info activation

Enable blower speed on Auto

DRL on/off

Mirror Fold Changes

Lock / Unlock beep

I think the first 5 at least may need VAGCom.

Reading the owner's manual last night I noticed there are a lot of settings in the infotainment Car menu which I'm sure were VCDS settings on the S2. Many of these stated the changes are not "saved" unless you switch the ignition on and off several times - though how many times is "several " doesn't seem to be specified.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLfbZtq6EMuEQjUv-OtD0c6gjD2FXgr5Pz

Kicking off a thread for hints and tips - starting with this playlist found which shows:

Rear parking lights as DRL

Refuel quantity info activation

Enable blower speed on Auto

DRL on/off

Mirror Fold Changes

Lock / Unlock beep

I think the first 5 at least may need VAGCom.

As useful as the above info is it would help if mtl could explain how the above changes were made (I assume VCDS... but I didn’t think the rear DRL’s could be activated with VCDS)

I notice the lock/un-lock audible confirmation used the horn... I could have sworn the car I test drove used the alarm siren and it was a discreet chirp rather than the horn.

A good idea if you've got Xenon headlights - saves repeated flashing of the Xenon bulbs, which can have a negative effect on their lifetime; have done this on my Yeti.

A good idea if you've got Xenon headlights - saves repeated flashing of the Xenon bulbs, which can have a negative effect on their lifetime; have done this on my Yeti.

Or in my case, just switch them off completely.

Good point alright on the impact on the xenons but I do like the look when they light up at night when approaching the car :). Handy when fumbling for keys in the driveway as well at night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good point alright on the impact on the xenons but I do like the look when they light up at night when approaching the car :). Handy when fumbling for keys in the driveway as well at night

I'm sure the fogs (standard halogen) should light up a fair amount at night. Or you can do what a lot of people do and replace the H8 Foglight bulbs with some brighter xenon-look halogen ones for a tenner or less or perhaps bright LED bulbs.

I've swapped the CH/LH lights to the LED fogs on my Fabia (see my profile pic) using VCDS and couldn't be happier! Plus, the DRLs look really smart alongside the fogs and without the dip beams overpowering them.

Edited by Dilz
  • Like 1

Anyone know how CH/LH works with KESSY?

I would imagine it just turns on the leaving home lights (under the required circumstances) when you unlock the door - be it with the key or by hand controls. Coming home lights should operate the same - switch ignition off and open door to leave the car and the lights (under required circumstances) turn on. And stay on for your time period elected even after locking the doors.

To switch them off immediately and not wait for the 5-30 seconds, just unlock and lock again quickly.

• Like 1

I would imagine it just turns on the leaving home lights (under the required circumstances) when you unlock the door - be it with the key or by hand controls. Coming home lights should operate the same - switch ignition off and open door to leave the car and the lights (under required circumstances) turn on. And stay on for your time period elected even after locking the doors.

To switch them off immediately and not wait for the 5-30 seconds, just unlock and lock again quickly.

Yes they operate the same with or without KESSY.  Obviously you will get more benefit (on unlocking) if you use the remote as it will illuminate as you approach the car, as opposed to waiting until you put your hand on the door.

Yes they operate the same with or without KESSY. Obviously you will get more benefit (on unlocking) if you use the remote as it will illuminate as you approach the car, as opposed to waiting until you put your hand on the door.

Thanks for clearing that up!

Also, if you wouldn't mind, can you please show us all what your tail lights look like (when on, when braking etc.) as I'm curious to know what LED lights 'high' is on the L&K edition.

Something else I did not know - and not mentioned in the brochure as far as I know.

Active Air Blades

Active Air Blades reduce aerodynamic resistance and therefore cut down on the new Superb‘s consumption and emissions. If the engine or the air conditioning is not working at full blast, the vents close and the stream of air hugs the vehicle body, resulting in lower losses. Active Air Blades also help to heat up the engine faster from a cold start.

As useful as the above info is it would help if mtl could explain how the above changes were made (I assume VCDS... but I didn’t think the rear DRL’s could be activated with VCDS)

I notice the lock/un-lock audible confirmation used the horn... I could have sworn the car I test drove used the alarm siren and it was a discreet chirp rather than the horn.

Since Superb 3 is made on the MQB platform almost all the tweaks are the same as for Octavia 3. Though, bare in mind that you have to use some grain of salt, because some channels can be different.

Regarding lock/un-lock audible confirmation. If the car has factory fitted alarm system, than it uses alarm siren and the chirp is really much more discreet as opposed to horn sound.

Though, if the car is not fitted with factory alarm system, then of course there is no alarm siren, so it uses normal horn for lock/unlock audible confirmation. And this sound is definitely not so subtle :D which you can hear on the video.

• Like 1

Cheers

Did you use VCDS to enable the rear DRL’s as I thought this was not possible via VCDS

Yes. Why would not be possible? It is possible also on Octy 3, Golf 7, etc.

The other option is to disable xenon lights and only LEDs are used as CH/LH lights without fog lights. And LEDs have enough luminosity for those two functions.

PS: There are a few new videos added to the playlist ;)...

Edited by mtl
  • Like 1

On the MKII Superb and FL Yeti (I appreciate they are not MQB based) it is not possible with VCDS

Is it under adaptations?

This is the only option I have asked the dealer to enable but it would be nice to know where the coding is if they do not do it.

On the MKII Superb and FL Yeti (I appreciate they are not MQB based) it is not possible with VCDS

Yes, on these cars there is a Byte 18 problem ;).

On MQB it can be done under adaptations.

• Like 1