Help low oil pressure light on.

Hi I hope someone can point me in the right direction. I have a Skoda superb cr170 on a 2009. Around 2 weeks ago the low oil pressure light come on and I drove it around half a mile and stopped at a safe place. Had the car recovered to a garage and they said that it was a common fault with the oil pump drive rounding off. So had a new drive put in and shaft balanced. Then garage told me with me driving the vehicle for as long as I did the turbo had been starved of oil and it had blown. So had my turbo reconditioned. Today when the garage has put the turbo back in they drove the car literally 50 yards and the lights back on. They now are telling me it may be that the oil pumps packed in or worse the engine has damage. Is this true? Another garage has told me to check oil pressure with a pressure tester because it could be that the oil pressure sensor could be at fault. Please guys any help would be appreciated as this has cost me a small fortune already and I have not been able to work without a car.

First thing to do is find the oil pressure switch (often the only sensor on an engine with just one wire going to it) and visually inspect it with and without the electrical connector attached. If oil appears to be leaking through it, the diaphragm inside it has ruptured and it will no longer reliably switch at the correct pressure.

First thing to do is find the oil pressure switch (often the only sensor on an engine with just one wire going to it) and visually inspect it with and without the electrical connector attached. If oil appears to be leaking through it, the diaphragm inside it has ruptured and it will no longer reliably switch at the correct pressure.

Thanks for your reply wino ive told my mechanic to an oil pressure test and to visually inspect the oil pressure sensor.

Thanks for your reply wino ive told my mechanic to an oil pressure test and to visually inspect the oil pressure sensor.

Just noticed you've got two threads on the same subject goin on mate but I'm pleased someone else has suggested the sensor switch, as opposed to.... "Yeah, let's go for the most expensive options first, eh?!"..Oops... they already did. Bad form that....

Mods can you combine please?

Just noticed you've got two threads on the same subject goin on mate but I'm pleased someone else has suggested the sensor switch, as opposed to.... "Yeah, let's go for the most expensive options first, eh?!"..Oops... they already did. Bad form that....

Mods can you combine please?

Yes Ive just realised theres 2 posts. don't know how exactly that happened but im hoping a mod can combine.

So im a garage and car comes in on recovery with the oil light on

mmmmmm

Option 1, replace sender - £25 job?

Option 2, Replace oil, filters, turbo.......£600 job, then say the engine is FUBAR £2000 job

tell u what mate (says garage) ill give you £600 for the car

refer then to option 1

• Like 1

I bought a Vauxhall once with a "knackered engine" (mechanic told lady owner), gave her £100 and towed it away, out of curiosity i tried bump starting it and it ran ok but was noisy

next day i started to strip the engine, put my hand on the alternator pulley......bearing was knackered, and id got an alternator in the shed, happy days